PDA

View Full Version : My army commander is worst model in my badly painted army.

magnificent*
19-01-2006, 21:09
Tried to make a scary-arsed ork nob out of ogre tyrant. It is scary arsed in the sense that it makes you worry about the sanity of the guy who made it. The thing was the sort of thing that made me avoid the hobby for months but now I have come to realise I find painting relaxing and I have got alot of models so I may as well go for it.

TheOneWithNoName
19-01-2006, 21:22
You're right it sounds horrible. What possesses men to do such things? I don't think we'll ever know.

magnificent*
19-01-2006, 21:38
I just did not think things through I just thought "big model must be impressive".
If you just weapon swap an oddly posed model the results are not so good.

Smoking Frog
19-01-2006, 21:40
A great Orky conversion would be a boss with a Defiler body...

Wraithbored
19-01-2006, 21:41
MEh don't worry some cutting here and there a little dip in brake fluid some green stuff and your 'Uge Warboss will be just fine! Don't give up whatever you do keep keep trying!

Luke
19-01-2006, 21:43
well i for one would like to see a photograph of this supposedly attrocious model, you are your own worse critic dont ya know.

magnificent*
19-01-2006, 21:50
OK I will take a photo when I get back tonight. It is more an issue about the conversion being unsalvagable and me doing a quick and dirty paint job just to make sure it is true.

Eulenspiegel
19-01-2006, 22:35
It can be done, look at my heavy-boned Ork Nob :)

Yes I know the photographs are atrocious, my camera is a little ... temperamental. Also the paintjob is not as "greasy" as it seems, thatīs just the flash, the mini is really coated with matt varnish.

evilbeetles
19-01-2006, 23:07
It can be done, look at my heavy-boned Ork Nob :)

Yes I know the photographs are atrocious, my camera is a little ... temperamental. Also the paintjob is not as "greasy" as it seems, thatīs just the flash, the mini is really coated with matt varnish.

Dude, that is wicked awesome!

Azrael
19-01-2006, 23:09
that guy is great, I think that a warboss could be really cool so post some pics.

Wraithbored
20-01-2006, 00:37
You call that bad!? Geez I better repaint 95% of the stuff I won then. You **** now I have an even greater inferiority complex!!

Edit:BTW nice dvd collection and what is that model to the right i can only see a sword or glaive?

magnificent*
20-01-2006, 02:16
Um... the photo posted before by Eulenspiegel was not the abomination this thread was about it was an example of how do things right.

This is how to do things wrong. It is the only warboss I have at the moment so it will have to do until I work something else out. I see no point in painting him properly when I have better shaped models unpainted. unil I totally remodel the arms and the guns on the belly plate, I want flare guns but I have no idea how to do this.

P.S. I know working on bases and thining paints are a simple way to improve models but I am enjoying a long experimental phase before I strip everything and start again. I am thinking of getting in a few games before this happens and it is just going to be a bit embarassing showing my models.

cerealkiller195
20-01-2006, 02:18
yeh thats pretty kick ass i was thinkin bout making a painboss out of one of them. i see now it can work. Heck painters are always over critical of their work, when i did my orks everyone loved them but i always saw them as too crude or unfinished. SO.. i sold them.. and i'm starting another ork army with more conversions and better painting!

Commanderxenos
20-01-2006, 03:46
well they are both good models. Even though the first is not yours, its a perfect idea. I like that look better than the look of the current Ork models. That almost convinces me to get some orks to convert just for fun.

Ophidicus
20-01-2006, 04:18
Apart from the gun I reckon the tyrant-warboss is pretty bloody good, the head is just the right size and it has a very orky build. I'd alter the rocket launcher so it looks more natural (have the fist sloped more, roughly a 75-80 degree angle, not 90 as that looks too 'stuck on', look at your own hand gripping something for the detail), but the paint job suits it fine.

Grimaldus
20-01-2006, 04:19
Yeah, honestly man the big guy looks pretty cool. Eulenspiegel's looks awesome as well....

I think it's a great idea and makes for a truly stand-out boss model.

grizzly ruin
20-01-2006, 04:37
This is how to do things wrong.

That's a good deal better than you seem to feel it is. It definitely has a "nice idea" factor going for it.

If you're not happy with it, use that as a prototype and try again. I think the idea and the model have both potential and character.

magnificent*
20-01-2006, 04:46
I have worked how to fix his odd pose, He will be holding a chains connected to three attack squiq in his left arm, his arm look like it will jerk back a bit to control the pack of squig.

I'd alter the rocket launcher so it looks more natural (have the fist sloped more, roughly a 75-80 degree angle, not 90 as that looks too 'stuck on', look at your own hand gripping something for the detail), but the paint job suits it fine.
Good point the hand is actually bend at an awkard angle so any gun will look wrong but I only have to make the hand look slightly wrong close up to make the angle look natural.

ArtificerArmour
20-01-2006, 11:53
Well, if it's any consolation I hate it :p