PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Titans in Vraks 3 **MINOR SPOILER ALERT**

goof1972
14-10-2009, 19:10
**MINOR SPOILER ALERT**

At the end of Vraks 3, how to the chaos titans escape? There is no mention of any Chaos ship reaching Vraks toward the end of the battle. At the same time, the Chaos Titan legion wasn't destroyed either.

Anything I missed?

Mannimarco
14-10-2009, 19:30
the warp rift? it was big enough for that daemon legion to come through? also remember that several chaos titans were confirmed destroyed, its possible any that went destroyed in the war itself were simple forgotten and left behind by the chaos forces as they attempted to flee

The Anarchist
14-10-2009, 19:31
maybe a really big warp tear to allow it to escape. afterall the chaos gods do tend to look after such powerfull servants.

Talos
14-10-2009, 22:05
It also says that most of the traitor CSM fled as well. We know that Zhulor fled into the warp rift so maybe the titans did as well. It seems odd that out of the traitors on vraks only the alpha legion where trapped and destroyed.

DuskRaider
14-10-2009, 23:22
I'm sure they either went through a warp rift or were transported back to the Chaos ships in orbit. At the end of the war, and even to the "present day", there are many many rifts on Vraks. And besides, I highly doubt that they would leave any Titans behind, disabled or otherwise. Rare commodity, those are.

guillimansknight
15-10-2009, 00:55
It also says that most of the traitor CSM fled as well. We know that Zhulor fled into the warp rift so maybe the titans did as well. It seems odd that out of the traitors on vraks only the alpha legion where trapped and destroyed.

Ok that's ********

"lets just disregard all fluff and established canon and make the most cunning, most intelligent and sneaky marines ever get trapped"

Mannimarco
15-10-2009, 03:08
the dark angels did make it a personall mission to track them down though, its one thing to fight against chaos marines, its quite another to actively hunt them down

and remember the alphas have been reported destroyed several times in the past havnt they? yeah we might have lost arkos and his merry little band but theres a lot more out there

Inquisitor Engel
15-10-2009, 03:55
Ok that's ********

"lets just disregard all fluff and established canon and make the most cunning, most intelligent and sneaky marines ever get trapped"

Come on man, like the Alpha Legion was really destroyed. ;)

The results are only what they want you to think...

DuskRaider
15-10-2009, 04:34
Arkos the Faithless' warband was only a single cell in a vast network. I actually think the Alpha Legion has infiltrated to the very top and has at least one agent in the High Lords. We already know they've been able to infiltrate the Inquisition and an entire Chapter of Astartes, so why not take it to the next level?

Arkos was sloppy, anyhow. He let things get carried away and lost control of the war, having to pretty much bargain with Zhufor for his life. So good riddance, he was a poor Legionnaire, a slave to the Dark Gods, and lost his focus.

Simon Sez
15-10-2009, 09:19
Come on man, like the Alpha Legion was really destroyed. ;)

The results are only what they want you to think...Agreed, for all we know the Alpha Marines switched armour whilst the rest of the traitors were sleeping and ran off.

Killgore
15-10-2009, 10:21
I see no reason why the Trator Titan legions couldnt escape off planet on a ship.

Remember vast areas of Vraks were affected by daemonic energys and storms, as well as the usual tricky atmospheric conditions, this could provide plenty of cover to allow the Titan transports to escape unnoticed.

Its not like there was many Titans to transport, the legion got a right pasting.

Urath
15-10-2009, 16:44
the warp rift? it was big enough for that daemon legion to come through? also remember that several chaos titans were confirmed destroyed, its possible any that went destroyed in the war itself were simple forgotten and left behind by the chaos forces as they attempted to flee

I don't know man, it seems quite a stretch for the Traitor Legions to leave behind Titans, as valuable and powerful as they are.

Mannimarco
15-10-2009, 16:49
true enough but somtimes you just cant save everybody, titans can get bogged down on some far off battlefield with more and more imperial forces coming in with no way to get them back

Urath
15-10-2009, 16:53
Mm, perhaps you're right. I just had a nice thought. Now, I haven't read Vraks III yet (though I do have a copy) but it would be nice if, on some far reaching worlds or whatever, Chaos titans lived in monumental caves, like dragons of old, and knight or chosen warriros ventured in to kill the beats.

Can't see the Chaos Titan taking a beautiful princess though :p

Talos
15-10-2009, 19:20
I did enjoy the fluff in Vraks 3 other than the stuff with the Lord of the Bloodthirsters. This guy is lord of the Bloodthirsters and guards the Skull Thorne yet his klll count was tiny and he was beaten by a mere mortal, true he had a force weapon but still.

Jackmojo
15-10-2009, 19:49
I don't know man, it seems quite a stretch for the Traitor Legions to leave behind Titans, as valuable and powerful as they are.

You're not thinking like chaos, they can have that titan again in the future, thanks to the time-squirreliness of the warp.

Its same reason why no one can beat the chaos legions the timey-wimey ball (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TimeyWimeyBall) of the Warp can always spit more (in fact the same ones) out.

Jack

Vaulkhar
15-10-2009, 22:43
Mm, perhaps you're right. I just had a nice thought. Now, I haven't read Vraks III yet (though I do have a copy) but it would be nice if, on some far reaching worlds or whatever, Chaos titans lived in monumental caves, like dragons of old, and knight or chosen warriros ventured in to kill the beats.

Can't see the Chaos Titan taking a beautiful princess though :p

Flamer practice, just like the dragons of old. And it only gets worse from there ...

Logarithm Udgaur
16-10-2009, 04:09
It seems odd that out of the traitors on vraks only the alpha legion where trapped and destroyed.

Those were loyalists that we had painted our color scheme on.