PDA

View Full Version : Tk 1500 halloween tourny

TombKing101
15-10-2009, 01:36
Hey,
I have a halloween tournament coming up at local gw, and I need to come up with a 1500point list that could fight potentially anyone. Here it goes..

Heroes
Prince, great weapon, light armor; 106pts
Liche Priest, horse, dispel scroll, dispel scroll; 173pts
Liche Priest, hierophant, cloak of dunes, hieratic jar; 160 pts

Core
Skeleton warriors x24, hw&shield, Musician, Banner, Banner of undying legion; 232 pts
Skeleton warriors x10, bows; 80 pts

Special
Tomb Guard x 23, Musician, Banner, Icon of Rakaph; 334 pts
Chariots x5; 200 pts
Tomb Scorpion; 85 pts

Rare
Screaming Skull Catapult; 90 pts

Suggestions and criticism on any part of list welcome. Where would you guys put the banner of undying legion? Too few units maybe?? I beleive this adds up to 1460 pts, what would you do with the other 40 pts??
Regards,
Tk101

Maoriboy007
15-10-2009, 02:15
I'd make both units of Skeletons bowmen, tactically more usesful that way. Rrince should have either the golden Ankrah or collar of Shapesh & Vambraces of the sun (at these points Ankrah would be my choice).
The only reason not to put the banner of Undying Legion on TG is if they have the Icon of Rakaph (which you have).
Strange not to have your prince in the chariot unit with a flail, but understandable if you want the combat power in your infantry.
I'd go for 3-4 chariots and invest in some light cav to redirect those scary units.
Of course it does come down to a balance of points and what you can afford compaared to what you want.
Heres a good trick I picked up, give the prince collar and cloak of dunes. Then he can accompany the catapault or archer unit granting them his smiting command, then fly to the TG at the last minute and give them a charge.

TombKing101
15-10-2009, 04:21
Thanks for the advice maoriboy!
Very interesting trick as well!

limkopi
15-10-2009, 13:18
Except that bad things happen when your prince is with the SSC. I got mine blown up by my opponent focusing all his ranged attacks on it and it blew up in one turn. (prince + catapult is too tasty to pass up). Of course you could screen them with stuff first.

I agree with less chariots, too wide a frontage means that terrain might hinder you.

drop 2 chariots and get a unit of 5 light horse + a tomb swarm (hedge your chances when it comes to It Came From Below).

Dragon Prince of Caledor
16-10-2009, 19:18
I'd make both units of Skeletons bowmen, tactically more usesful that way. Rrince should have either the golden Ankrah or collar of Shapesh & Vambraces of the sun (at these points Ankrah would be my choice).
The only reason not to put the banner of Undying Legion on TG is if they have the Icon of Rakaph (which you have).
Strange not to have your prince in the chariot unit with a flail, but understandable if you want the combat power in your infantry.
I'd go for 3-4 chariots and invest in some light cav to redirect those scary units.
Of course it does come down to a balance of points and what you can afford compaared to what you want.
Heres a good trick I picked up, give the prince collar and cloak of dunes. Then he can accompany the catapault or archer unit granting them his smiting command, then fly to the TG at the last minute and give them a charge.

That is kind of a dirty trick.

Look at Tomb King 101 I will have to beware of any weird looking princes flying around now :P
My eagles can't eat him though :cries: My scouts would get owned too:(
...Insert Dragon Here...:evilgrin::angel: Dont worry Dave I wont :)