PDA

View Full Version : Heroric Moves

Baggers
19-01-2006, 22:33
Ok last night I came across a situation where the rules are not clear. I was controlling Frodo, and he was being chased by Ringwraiths. Who in the previous turn had compelled Frodo into wearing his special ring.

Unfortunilty I lost priority and the Wraiths were about to charge rather nastily into combat. However Knowing I had a point of might, I declared a heroic movement and with Frodo passing his control test he takes the ring off and would be able to get him out of charge range.

Now under the rules for the wearing of the ring of power. It says

"He (the wearer) cannot make heroric actions and cannot pick up or place down items" page 78 (big rulebook)

Now this paragraph causes some ambiguity as it comes in the middle of the chunk on what the evil player can and can not do with Frodo/Wearer. In the end we decided that he can not perform heroic actions and subsequently Frodo got turned into kebab meat.

However I am still intrested because the rules do not give a clear ruling on what the baerer of the ring can and can not do in regards to heroric combat. So how would you go.

foehammer
20-01-2006, 01:23
i dont kno wait... i dont have the hard cover rule book srry i couldnt help

Pertinax
20-01-2006, 07:09
Then why did you post? If you can't help, it's often best not to.

Baggers: I know that a guy at work has had this exact same discussion. I'll ask him today when I see him, and see what he came out with.

Chranos
20-01-2006, 09:02
He cannot take heroic actions while controlled by the evil player, since he was not controlled by the evil player when you did the heroic move it is well within the bounds of the rules.

Baggers
20-01-2006, 16:38
Foehammer if you do not have an answer, why bother responding to the thread? Thank you Chranos for your answer. Its a bit late now but I will now for later games.

Sniper Kelly
20-01-2006, 19:20
I think you were right in the end. According to the rulebook the test to remove the ring can be taken "...at any point during Frodo's move..." Any Heroic move would have to be declared before Frodo moved (and thus when he was still wearing the ring), and therefore would be illegal.

That's the way I see it, anyway!

Pertinax
20-01-2006, 22:15
We had the ruling as Chranos had.