PDA

View Full Version : New glade rider +dryad pics

cardbard_alex
16-05-2005, 17:29
Some-one was going to make a new thread so I thought I might as well oblige :)

http://warhammer.org.uk/PhP/viewtopic.php?t=6502

Original posting can be found on the waystone, but you can find that on your own.

oooooooooh new scary dryads,
:eek: they do look quite spectacular, although not what I was expecting.

And aren't the new horses all sleek and running looking, very nice with a lot of movement about them.

Post your thoughts,
Cheers, Alex

++edit - look further down the thread for a picture of the waywatcher hero
dammit sylass has beaten me++

Sylass
16-05-2005, 17:44
[...] dammit sylass has beaten me++
Did you expect anything else? :p;)

Just use your thread here for the discussion of the new miniatures.

The rumour roundup isn't the place to discuss. It's 'just' a collection of rumours/news/pictures at one place. So your thread still has a purpose after all. ;)

Brandir
16-05-2005, 18:18
Those Dryads look pretty good. Hopefully The Wife will release enough funds for me to buy the Army Deal in July!

Brimstone
16-05-2005, 18:27
Well I've got them on pbase so I might as well post the links so people can see them without having to search.

http://www.pbase.com/brimstone/image/43382256.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/brimstone/image/43382259.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/brimstone/image/43382246.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/brimstone/image/43382266.jpg

Brandir
16-05-2005, 18:34
That last mini. Is it a basic Waywatcher model or a leader type???

Drabant
16-05-2005, 18:42
Brandir:

It's a hero.

look further down the thread for a picture of the waywatcher hero

m1s1n
16-05-2005, 20:40
I know a lot of people are unhappy with the new horses, but I kind of like them.
They do have a strange shape to them, but I like their more wild-energetic look, it seems more fitting to the army. Additionally, I feel that the Wood Elves would not be using the same horses as everyone else.

As for the dryads--awesome. We are really getting some good looking models from GW.

Now. . .if only we could teach the photographers how to set focus and open up . . .

Odin
16-05-2005, 20:43
Wahay! Portent is back!

Those Dryads are unbelievable! They must be good - I never usually use exclamation marks - they're so common!

I'm a bit confused about the "branchwraith" or whatever it's called - I assume she's the same size as a normal dryad, but she doesn't look like she will fit in very well.

Are we sure those Dryads are going to be S3? That would be a bit lame unless they've got loads of attacks or some special rules. They look T4, S4 to me. In any case, I've changed my mind about having an all-elf army - I'm going to have plenty of forest spirits whether they're good or not.

I didn't like the horses when I first saw them on Dakka (well, what am I supposed to do when Portent's down?!), but they're really growing on me, and certainly look a hell of a lot better than the old ones.

I just hope some clearer pictures of the Wardancers, Eternal Guard and Glade Riders turn up soon.... anyone?

Brandir
16-05-2005, 20:45
The horses are superb. One of the weakest links in the old edition of the Wood Elf minsi was the crap horses.

boogle
16-05-2005, 20:45
I guess the Dryad with the skeleton is going to be classed at a Standard Bearer

Xxcha
16-05-2005, 21:16
Those dryads have got to be the nicest plastics i have ever seen

Sgt John Keel
16-05-2005, 22:33
Those dryads have got to be the nicest plastics i have ever seen

Ditto.

The new steeds look a bit sleek in my opinion, but they are very natural. I'm absolutely desperate to see what an armoured variant would look like. Would probably bring a bit more weigth into the model. Compared to the Bretonnian warhorses, these look a bit weak but ever so much faster.

/adrian

Crazy Harborc
17-05-2005, 01:43
Dryads, new and improved(?). I'll deside when I see them assembled and on display. I liked the Elves. The horse(s) appear to be half wild in appearance, IMHO.

I would prefer great stags as the mounts. Wild looking horse will do I suppose.

anarchistica
17-05-2005, 02:44
Brightened pics of the awesome Dryads, which i can't believe are plastic:

http://img179.echo.cx/img179/7319/eff58b8e8pj5zu.jpg

http://img179.echo.cx/img179/5153/c58272fd1bd2hx.jpg

And i like the new horse, it's similar to older GW horses, which were less static.

conanabass
17-05-2005, 03:19
Hey I don't know if anyone has posted these but there is at least one pic, sorta blurry of the eternal guard just trying to help.

KDP Morgoth
17-05-2005, 04:06
Wow, those brightened pics of the Dryads make them look even better.

Must resist urge to start Tree Spirit Army...I'm a strict (well mostly) Evil Player!!!

portentjunkie
17-05-2005, 05:16
Must resist urge to start Tree Spirit Army...I'm a strict (well mostly) Evil Player!!!

From what I've heard, that is no reason not to play the trees.

All the fluff I've heard about is the forest as a seperate, very dark entity, and that the warding stones around the forest are as much to keep it in as to keep others out.

KDP Morgoth
17-05-2005, 05:29
From what I've heard, that is no reason not to play the trees.

All the fluff I've heard about is the forest as a seperate, very dark entity, and that the warding stones around the forest are as much to keep it in as to keep others out.

You're not helping me resisting! :p

And even these guys...er....gals look quite dark and menacing.

Llandorian
17-05-2005, 09:22
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those models (mostly drayds:)) are awesome!!!

the new horses are well....quite different,... but well....they`re better that those static old ones... I looking forward to preform a feigned charge with them...:)

Rövhalt
17-05-2005, 09:28
The new horsies are great. No more elven mules, yay! And the dryads, what can I say but... wow...

tzeentchgiant
17-05-2005, 09:32
These are lovely models, now how to convert them to chaos

when the time comes my pretties......muahahahahahahahaha

TG

Anthonius
17-05-2005, 11:40
I realy like the new models, though I'm sad to see that their skull fetish got the better of them again...
But seeing as they're plastics, thats nothing that can't be easily ammended :D

macbeth
17-05-2005, 12:35
The new dryads are nice and scary, far better than the old ones.
But I really do hate these new horses... They look a bit cheap in my eyes...

tzeentchgiant
17-05-2005, 12:38
I think the new horses are suffering from a bad paintjob, it does look a lot more dynamic now though.

I personnaly love them

TG

anarchistica
17-05-2005, 13:00
Hey I don't know if anyone has posted these but there is at least one pic, sorta blurry of the eternal guard just trying to help.
This one? They're in the back to the right:

http://img96.echo.cx/img96/4729/27365b611er.jpg

Scythe
17-05-2005, 13:16
Very nice; I must say I'm quite impressed by all new WE models seen so far, the archers and especially the dryads standing out. The new elven horses aren't bad either. They all have an amazing level of detail for simple plastic miniatures.

The Pale Lady
17-05-2005, 13:18
OMG i just noticed something..what is that just cut off on the right hand side of the photo? It looks strange...and those horses are mighty impressive...might just have to turn those into the ranks of the galloping dead...

rkunisch
17-05-2005, 14:50
The Pale Lady, I think the mini which is cut off on the right hand side is the mage which was featured in the latest WD - painted this time.

Have fun,

Rolf.

conanabass
17-05-2005, 15:47
Anarchristica that is the one. Thanks for not being lazy like me :) .

nurgle_boy
17-05-2005, 16:22
im lovin these new models..... the dryads look evil, and remind me of cat ladies (the old ladies with cats)

the new ponies are pretty. and plastis in a boxed set.... might have oher uses.....

anyway, i hear of this waystone place, with more pics, could someone direct me please?

cardbard_alex
17-05-2005, 19:35
http://www.s8.invisionfree.com/TheWaystone

There you go :)

Just look around, they're all nuts in there

Cheers, Alex

The boyz
18-05-2005, 13:49
Those Dryads look well good, I am starting to get tempted, to start a Wood Elf army when they come.

Firsanthalas
18-05-2005, 17:14
Unless Im mistaken it would appear that the Waywatcher champion lady is "hanging out", "braless", whatever you want to call it. Makes welvsies look even more feral. Good Work GW.

Brother Muninn
18-05-2005, 17:47
Unless Im mistaken it would appear that the Waywatcher champion lady is "hanging out", "braless", whatever you want to call it. Makes welvsies look even more feral. Good Work GW.

I'm not entirely convinced that IS a lady.

I'm a hardened 40k player and I can tell this army is going to make me fold and go medieval....

The dryads aren't what I was expecting actually. I figured they'd go the daemonette route isntead of making them monsterous, but I'm sincerely impressed. My favorite detail is the circular paint scheme given they've implemented on some of the models (most notably the one on the far right) gives a very earthy/celtic feel

I'm fond of the horses myself, I see a lot of potential for fantastic paint jobs. I'd like to see some war paint though... I was thinking wode. but the dwarve've already got that down pat. and blue would throw off the whole woodsy thing.

either way, I'm excited

Odin
18-05-2005, 18:54
I'd like to see some war paint though... I was thinking wode. but the dwarve've already got that down pat. and blue would throw off the whole woodsy thing.

Mine are definitely getting some swirly blue warpaint - especially the wardancers.

I think that's a geezer, not a bird. Blokes have nipples too.

Spider
18-05-2005, 22:52
I getting that warm and fuzzy feeling i always get when the day approaches when i can dust off an old army that hasn't been used for years and years and get to use it once more.

Hopefully without having to spend mega-£'s to get it up an running.

I just hope the new woodies have the option to not be annoying.

NakedFisherman
18-05-2005, 23:07
They look great, but I wish mini designers wouldn't ever have pre-made bases. The 'pave as they go' 40K Dreadnaughts and that Waywatcher hero just kind of annoy me.

athamas
18-05-2005, 23:07
that rider looks ok, the hourse looks excelent, far more elven,

and the dryads look awsome...

did some one mentin that you would be able to d an all woodland creature army?

if so i might try one, [get some experience at painting earth tones]

oatish
19-05-2005, 03:32
Those miniatures are incredible. I will be seeing lots of em around I bet... time to start Beastmen.

oatish

Ornithoticus
19-05-2005, 18:53
just the thing i need for a giant daemonette spawn of slaanesh, those dryads are beautiful, i might even be converted

Crazy Harborc
20-05-2005, 16:04
Soon a long time opponent will be back into WHFB. He'll likely get some of the new improved minies and be back in the game. Here's hoping his cats attack the minies :D I, I, I've got shelf space to store his new Woodies for him, along side his old Woodies army. I LIKE those darn cats, free storeage here as long as I can use the troops too. A good deal for all.

Wraith
20-05-2005, 19:40
The dryads are really good, quite evil look to them as well and to think they're plastic...

Impressed.

Dr Death
21-05-2005, 13:17
Ive been nigh on amazed by all the new wood elf models, the dryads shown here are certainly no exception, though personally i would have gone even further down the "twisted branches" route and got rid of the rather human legs. I too am rather glad they steered clear of both the deamonette look and the wooden chaod dwarf hangover and have given us some truly unique and exceptionally cool new minis.

The stteds i dont mind and actually think look quite good. The real sting in the tail for me with all these woodelf models is i have just started a beastmen army :p

Ive been convinced for sometime now that GW have been on a low ebb with sculpting but these have just raised my opinion of them.

Dr Death

Crazy Harborc
23-05-2005, 01:57
I've seen a few of the new improved HE minies, they do look good. A mage is very much like a "place on the shelf model".....The catch for me.....I am a wargamer I want/need minies to paint up and put on the table NOT in a display case.

Brandir
23-05-2005, 08:42
I have always liked the idea of using a High Elf army but was always put off by the look of the minis (the Persian look is not one I like).

If these new High Elf models are an indication of a new style for the High Elves I may be tempted.

However, I hope that this re-style is next year to give me time to buy and paint a new Wood Elf army first.

Xxcha
23-05-2005, 11:17
how do you think they are going to do the HE barded horses, is this simply the generic horse body and there are going to be other heads made or are they going to do a comlete new model?

Crazy Harborc
24-05-2005, 04:15
I would like more barding than on the HE's current barded horses. They are an improvement over having the horses the same as Empire Knight's horses (they were the same ones).

synapse
24-05-2005, 14:11
those dryads are soooo nice... im just going to have to make a tree army because of them.

has anyone noticed how the horses are extreeeemly tall? how do the elves get on them? just wondering... apart from that, they seem fine (much better than the old ones)

Odin
24-05-2005, 14:25
has anyone noticed how the horses are extreeeemly tall? how do the elves get on them?

Like Legolas does in the Two Towers?! Stand in front of it and when its about to mush you, do a funny little flip onto it's back.

Drabant
24-05-2005, 15:41
has anyone noticed how the horses are extreeeemly tall? how do the elves get on them? just wondering... apart from that, they seem fine (much better than the old ones)

They don't appear taller than the shoulders of a standing rider, so mounting them shouldn't be a problem. These are not ponies, you know.

Odin
24-05-2005, 17:04
They don't appear taller than the shoulders of a standing rider, so mounting them shouldn't be a problem. These are not ponies, you know.

Not even rending ponies.

Brandir
24-05-2005, 17:10
The manager at my local GW said one could advance order the WE Army Deal from 18 June.

Xxcha
25-05-2005, 20:02
Normally, how long after you are able to advance order army deals are they released?

Brandir
25-05-2005, 20:12
Approx 6 weeks I believe.

Zeb
25-05-2005, 20:44
The army deal will be relesed at the 20th of July in Europe (IIRC).

Brandir
25-05-2005, 20:57
20 Jul is a Wednesday. In the UK GW releases stuff on a Saturday - so perhaps it will be released in the UK Sat 16 or Sat 23 Jul?

ghost21
25-05-2005, 21:52
The manager at my local GW said one could advance order the WE Army Deal from 18 June.

i thought they would be out for christmas time... like ogre kingdoms

Ddraggoch
25-05-2005, 22:20
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/le-bazar-a-bahan/guerriers_faucons.gif warhawk riders
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/le-bazar-a-bahan/homme_arbre.gif treeman
from battle glade
credit to Andruillius

low qualilty pictures, but those don't appear pigeon like to me

At my local GW I was shown a small booklet/release schedule thing. While i didn't get to read it indepth I did notice something odd. There was an absolutely stunning mini of what looked like a male mage. He appeared to be floating off the ground with a skyward pointing crescent (moon or horns?) on his back. The pictured was labled "Spellsinger," I am not sure if that is the new name for WE mages or something else entirely. The release schedule also listed "lord with great weapon."

Oh, and I am not sure if this has been posted but it appears that the twins on the dragon are called "Sisters of twilight," or something close to that anyways.

:edit: crap, my username is supposed to be DdraigGoch, thats the last time i make an acount while ill.

Brandir
25-05-2005, 22:37
First impressions of the Warhawk Riders are not very good. But a very small picture so I am hopeful, considering how good the rest of the line seems to be.

night2501
26-05-2005, 04:05
mmm small picture...can say too much about the warhawk riders, and the treemen is just imposible to see but is ok ^^
but why, those hawks look to smalls for the elves they carry T_T the same that hapened with the old ones...well I think I will be using great eagles after all...

Kroq
26-05-2005, 06:04
Thanks for the pics Ddraggoch ! [ or should we say DdraigGoch ] ;)

Well at least the elf riders seem to have enough bent knees so they don't look like full surfers. I was expecting much worse. I wonder if the new elf torsos would fit on the old warhawk riders legs with some work ? Although after some thinking I'm not sure how a hawk the size of warhawks could carry a person on it and really be able to fly. Seems more like the realm of great eagles. I'm thinking of making my own personal fluff for a riderless warhawk's ranged attack. Maybe they carry rocks like terradons did and fling them on diving runs instead of dropping them. Don't know , kinda hate to add riders to the current or these spiffy new warhawk models.

Sure wish that treeman pic was bigger.

thanquol
27-05-2005, 15:32
The new Dryads really rock! Have u guys already seen the Wardancers? If not so, see to that very quickly:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/

Galonthar
27-05-2005, 15:38
hmm... I`ve seen the sneak peek dryayds allready,....

but have you seen the new highborn (on foot) yet???
http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/
(same link, its only new on sneak peek)

cubbster
27-05-2005, 16:38
I really like that new model! It looks hard and actually seems to be wearing some decent haevy armour!

Xxcha
27-05-2005, 16:53
I thought that WE could only wear light armour and even that was against there nature.

Scythe
27-05-2005, 18:45
And that hardly looks like heavy armour to me... Light at most. Look up the areas of his body acctuallyt covered with armour.

HiveTrygon
27-05-2005, 20:17
Something bugging me, why does the dryads have the mark of the dark lord from the albion camp. carved or painted on their heads? Is that a sign of their loyalties or essance. I love all I've seen of the WE so far, great stuff. :evilgrin: