PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings: 2250 for Tourney this Sat

Isabel
15-10-2009, 11:39
Here's the list I'm taking to a tourney this Saturday. Any help is appreciated, especially concerning the LP on casket, scroll or ward save? I cant decide!

King: Destroyer, collar
Prince: Chariot, Flail, Chariot of fire
LP: Hieretic Jar, Cloak of Dunes
LP: Casket, Scroll

3 Chariots: Icon of the Sacred Eye, Standard, Champ (Prince)
3 Chariots: Standard
24 Skeletons: Bows, Standard

25 Tomb Guard: FC, Banner of the Undying Legion (King)
Tomb Scorp
Tomb Scorp
5 Carrion

Catapult: Skulls of the Foe

LooseMoose
15-10-2009, 12:06
It's a pretty stable list, the only minor changes I'd make is losing the standard from the second chariot unit and getting Undying Legion on the Archers. gaining another chariot for the Princes unit. I'd also personally go with a Dispel scroll and a Steed for the Casket Priest. Best of luck.

Enigmatik1
15-10-2009, 12:16
I agree with Loose Moose. I wouldn't change much but here's what I would change, if anything:

-Drop the Skeleton archer unit down to 20 and give them the Banner of the Undying Legion.
-Drop the Champion on the Prince's Chariot unit and the Standard Bearer from the other one.
-Give the Casket Priest Enkhil's Kanopi
-Give the Prince a Brooch of the Great Desert

I'm not sure where that would put you points wise since I don't have my book in front of me, but any additional points can be reinvested into the Skeleton block, perhaps? You're going to need all the anti-magic you can get in tournaments, I think and this helps in that department without breaking the bank.

Isabel
15-10-2009, 12:35
Great suggestions. I appreciate the help. Another question, would you take the Brooch of the Great Desert over the chariot of Fire on the prince since they are both enchanted items? Also, is the Icon of Rakeph a must for TG? I've heard great things about it. Thanks again!

limkopi
15-10-2009, 13:05
Rakaph helps with dealing with big gribblies. It allows you to do beardy tricks with the free reform to catch monstrous creatures, characters especially, who happen to come near the unit.

Use the free reform and reform to a line or two, making sure you stay within the double move limit. In the remaining moves phase, turn to face the big gribbly and expand frontage and move forward if there's enough allowance. Voila you moved 8"-10". In the magic phase, spam all the urgencies you have on the unit. If after having successfully charged the monster you have incantations left, spam smite for 2x S7 hits goodness. Then issue challenge with champ in the CC phase (if character). Or just whack them.

Don't take brooch over fire. You need the fire more.

Enigmatik1
15-10-2009, 15:43
I totally spaced on the Brooch and Chariot occupying the same slot. My apologies, I'd definitely take the Chariot over the Brooch.

Maoriboy007
15-10-2009, 19:14
I always plug the chariot deathstar, 1 x 4-5 chariot unit with Prince and King. King has flail of skulls and prince has MR2. Very resistant vs Magic and the characters motor the unit around the board.
In tournament conditions TKs big weakness is lack of magic defence, hence the debate over the chariot of fire and brooch.

Malorian
15-10-2009, 19:16
Looks good to me.

Carrion and tomb guard are a bit big but nothing overly bad with that.

Enigmatik1
16-10-2009, 13:06
I always plug the chariot deathstar, 1 x 4-5 chariot unit with Prince and King. King has flail of skulls and prince has MR2. Very resistant vs Magic and the characters motor the unit around the board.
In tournament conditions TKs big weakness is lack of magic defence, hence the debate over the chariot of fire and brooch.

Seriously! Has anyone ever tried a Casket Priest with the Staff of Sorcery? I'd considered this on several occasions, but the Staff seems a bit pricey for what it does.

kyinpie
16-10-2009, 16:11
at higher point games its a great combo. but for 2000pts your better of with 2 dispell scrolls instead.

Isabel
19-10-2009, 07:45
Thanks for the tips on the list fellas. I ended up taking 8th place. Unfortunatly I arrived a half hour into the first game and was in such a rush and completly out of it (It was a 3 1/2 hour drive in the rain for me), that I lost pretty bad but landed massacres or solid victories on every game after that.

TombKing101
20-10-2009, 02:02
MaoriBoy, for a deathstar chariot unit wouldn't you need at least 5 chariots? Original 3 plus two characters? Or does a character replace both crew even at the minimum unit strength of 3?

Maoriboy007
20-10-2009, 03:19
MaoriBoy, for a deathstar chariot unit wouldn't you need at least 5 chariots? Original 3 plus two characters? Or does a character replace both crew even at the minimum unit strength of 3?

I mean instead of 2 small units, Take 1 unit of 4 or 5 and the King and prince in chariots added to it (6-7 chariots total). You save points and its loads of fun (for me anyway). I give the prince the MR 2 item to bounce Magic Missiles off it.

TombKing101
20-10-2009, 03:46
Ahh, gotcha. That does sound fun :evilgrin: