PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Wood Elf - friendly tourney

Daniel36
16-10-2009, 13:51
Hey guys,

This is not really my kind of thing, thinking that you all wouldn't be bothered checking out my Wood Elf list, but I guess the activity on this part of the forum happens for a reason, so I might as well give it a try now.

Our club is organizing a friendly tournament in several weeks time, and I am going to participate with a Wood Elf army.

This following list is largely based on the models I own. I will add a list of models I don't own, so any suggestions should be made with the models I do own. I do have plenty of reserves for the regiments I deploy, so any suggestions made there are more than welcome.

-----------------------
Wardancer Noble
Amaranthine Brooch
140 points

Wood Elf Spellsinger level 2
Dispel Scroll
Deepwood Sphere
175 points

Glade Guard - 12
Champion
150 points

Glade Guard - 12
144 points

Glade Riders - 5
Musician
129 points

Dryads - 10
120 points

Tree Kin - 3
195 points

Wardancers - 9
162 points

Treeman
285 points
------------------------------------------

Well, the Treekin and Treeman are there because I REALLY like them, and they are actually painted up! :D Other than that, yeah, it's basically a pretty straightforward list.

I don't own any:
Wild Riders
Eternal Guard

I don't expect to win the tournament, as I am a horrible player, but I would just like to know if this list is at least a little competitive, if only so that the other players get a good fight out of it.

However, I expect most of the other players to be in the same camp of casual players. Not many tournament-minded players at our club.

AdarII
16-10-2009, 14:04
I am sceptic about the worth of the single lvl 2 caster. He won't be able to get off many spells against any opponent. Making him a bog standard scroll caddy would save you some points and improve your magic defence.

Furthermore I suggest you make your gladeguard units smaller, 10 men is hard enough to line up properly and another 2 makes it very wide. With the points saved you could probably either upgrade the equipment on your wardancer hero and/or buy another treekin. I haven't used them (yet) but people in the tactics section claim that 4 is the optimal number.

Daniel36
16-10-2009, 15:31
Hmmm, after all the trouble I've gone through creating movement trays! Hahaha...

No, but it is worth considering... Putting back the Glade Guard two men each will indeed save me quite a couple of points. It would require me to buy another Treekin, though I can hardly say that is something I would mind, I love them.

Nathangonmad
17-10-2009, 00:28
Hey guys,

-----------------------
Wardancer Noble
Amaranthine Brooch
140 points

Drop brooch for netlings

Dispel Scroll
Deepwood Sphere
175 points

Good

Glade Guard - 12
Champion
150 points

Drop 2 and champ

Glade Guard - 12
144 points

Drop 2

Glade Riders - 5
Musician
129 points

Good

Dryads - 10
120 points

Drop 2 or drop them all together (i'd prefer this)

Tree Kin - 3
195 points

Wardancers - 9
162 points

Drop 2

Treeman
285 points
------------------------------------------

That should give you points for extra level 2 with Caledor's Staff and if you've dropped the whole dryad unit and not just too you could also add a extra treekin and musicans for your glade guard.

Or you could drop the noble and take this list

Spellsinger
Calingors stave
scroll
level 2

Spellsinger
deepwood sphere
scroll
level 2
--------------------------

10 Glade Guard

10 Glade Guard

8 Dryads

5 Glade riders
Musician

7 Wardancers
champ

4 Treekin

Treeman

Seabo
17-10-2009, 01:02
Welf Wardancers are seriously nasty contenders in a tourney. Treeman can be scary but the flammable thing can be a serious drawback. Same goes with the Treekin.

Daniel36
17-10-2009, 21:58
Guys, you're killing me with my awesomely built Movement Tray for my 10 man Wardancer unit!! :(

Hehehehhh... No worries though. Most have already said to drop 2 Glade Guard, which I will. I found out their usefulness only stretches so far anyhow. I definitely need another wizard... I would need to buy a new Treekin if I wanted to have four, but I am inclined to do so.

The Dryads though, they have been very helpful in my battles so far. In fact, they have been the only ones to do any real damage (I suck, I admit)... I would kind of like them to be a part of it all.

Gordon Freeman
21-10-2009, 15:34
wardancers dont use movement trays ^^

Wardancer Noble
Amaranthine Brooch
140 points

Dispel Scroll
Deepwood Sphere
175 points

Glade Guard - 10
musician
120 pts

Glade Guard - 10
musician
120 pts

Glade Riders - 5
Musician
129 points

Dryads - 8 (screen unit / harass)

Tree Kin - 4
260 points

Wardancers - 7
champ
140 points

Treeman
285 points

try to keep units minimum unless your using them as a different role (like moonstone of hidden ways ona unit of 15 GG so you gotta moving gunline etc) treekin work best in units of 4, musicians are a must.

other than that its pretty nice, if youve got more wardancer models i'd suggest dropping the dyrads and getting another 7 wardancers with champ because you've got 55 points to play around with atm

Dragon Prince of Caledor
21-10-2009, 20:00
I think you should switch the noble for another spell caster but besides that I like the list.
Good luck :D

thrawn
21-10-2009, 20:05
looks good to me! i'm not a big fan of treekin. i prefer to play my WE as really fast and only charge if i'm 100% sure i have a chance of breaking them. unfortunately with the treekin your kind of at his mercy. still, good list, Good Luck!

warhawk95
21-10-2009, 21:13
i would give the WD blades of loec. with the SS i would drop the lvl 1 and make just a regular scroll caddy. then drop all command from the GG and make them 10 each (if you didnt take that advice already ill suggest i again). then drop the dryads to 8. finally i would drop the WD to 8. with the extra points you could add another treekin. that would be a solid list with two anvils and a pretty decent unit with the WD to help take out most units at that point lvl, plus the treeman can always act as a hammer too to help the WD and combine charges, which should break most units, especially at that point level.

popisdead
23-10-2009, 22:21
Drop the champion on the GG units and only take 10.

Just take 8 dryads. And try to take two units. Or three.

Take 7-8 Wardancers and make sure you have a musician.

Otherwise it's on the path to a good list.

Daniel36
27-10-2009, 17:02
Now you guys are killing me with forcing me to use musicians? Harumph... Now I need to do more modelling.

One really dumb question though. I haven't played WHFB in a while... Why are musicians a must in Glade Guard unit?

Brotheroracle
27-10-2009, 18:37
Well assuming you flee from the charge an need the improved chance to rally

Daniel36
27-10-2009, 20:32
Ah... Thank you! Point taken. I shall model two this Thursday, as part of my cunning plan to win this tournament! Huzzah!

Daniel36
02-11-2009, 15:01
I wasn't going to be able to add a musician to my Wardancers, unless I take one away from one Glade Guard unit. To avoid confusion, I won't and just hope they obliterate anything in their path without having to run...

This is my list now:
Spellsinger lvl 2 175
Calingor's Stave
Dispel Scroll

Spellsinger lvl 2 175
Deepwood Sphere
Dispel Scroll

Glade Guard 10 126
Musician

Glade Guard 10 126
Musician

Glade Riders 5 129
Musician

Dryads 8 96

Wardancers 7 126

Treeman 285

Total : 1498

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it went.

Treekin 4 260