PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Ships Log (no specific scale)

arklite
16-10-2009, 22:48
Hi all,

Periodically I'll be posting updates to my ongoing project, and to paraphrase my blog established for this purpose;

Basically this will chronicle my adventures in shipbuilding for the Pre-Clone Wars and Clone Wars eras. The purchases and scratchbuilds shall reflect a distinct Corellian style, hence the name. I have a number of ongoing projects, but this will be my primary focus for the winter.

Enjoy!

I'll be taking some liberties with my ship designs and model usage, so if you don't like that sort of thing...then tough! I'm putting this here as a resource for people that are interested in this sort of thing, as I know I always enjoy finding more resources for my projects.

Here's the link until I start setting up some posts here in a few days.

http://corellianmusings.blogspot.com/

malika
18-10-2009, 13:37
Really cool man! So you build and cast the ships yourself? What techniques and such do you use?

Ragsta
21-10-2009, 21:54
Consider me intrigued...

arklite
24-10-2009, 04:55
Some are cast by myself, and some by a few of the more experienced fellows on the Star-Ranger forums.

Casting-wise, I tend to use Smooth-On products as I have had better results with them. I'd love to get a pressure-pot, but that is out of my price range at this time. Mainly, I use the "two-part-pour" method. Masters are made from plasticard, green stuff, and various odds and ends.

Also, I've got a ton of Starship Battles minis that I have ready for "chopping". I got a great deal on a few cases and piles of singles, so they provide not only a source of parts, but of inspiration.

Most of my posting will be on the blog, but I'll prepare some big ones for here once I get enough photos uploaded to my laptop.

malika
24-10-2009, 07:03
Dude, check the Troll Forged forums link in my sig. The guy in charge of that place (known as Hive Trygon over here) offers a casting service for sculptors. I don't know if he also does space ships. However, it might be a fitting place to exchange ideas, get advice and all that. Not just for the sculpting of the ships, but also for the casting.