PDA

View Full Version : Waaagh! Gab-skull trasher

gab-skull trasher
17-10-2009, 16:49
Ok guys i need help, this week i'm going over to my local GW and i'm planning on taking a SpaceWolves, Orks, and Orc&Goblins army and i need help making the armies. I already posted the 40k lists over on the 40k forums now is time for the O&G.

Heroes:

Black Orc Big Boss: 136pts.
-Martog's Best Basha,Bigged's Kickin' Boots,Shield,Heavy Armour

Night Goblin Shaman: 110pts.
-Lvl 2 Wizard,Power Stone

Night Goblin Shaman: 120pts.
-Lvl 2 Wizard,Magic Mushrooms,Dispel Scroll

Core:

Orc Boyzx20: 150pts.
-Shields,FC

Orc Boyzx20: 170pts.
-Additional Choppa,FC

Orc Boyzx20: 170pts.
-Additional Choppa,FC

Night Goblinsx25: 120pts.
-Spears,FC

Night Goblinsx25: 120pts.
-Spears,FC

Special:

Goblin Spear Chukkax2: 75pts.
-Orc Bully

Orc Boar Chariot: 85pts.
-Extra Orc

Orc Boar Chariot: 85pts.
-Extra Orc

Rare:

Trollsx4: 160pts.

Total:1,501 pts.

So what do you guys think i should take out or add or just what do you guys think of the list.

Jind_Singh
17-10-2009, 19:39
what other models do you own? that way I can advise accordingly.
1st issue though are the 20 strong units of orcs - shame you cant have 25 as you need to retain your rank bonus for as long as possible.
Im confused - what army is SW? I cant work it out!

Ax'ataxa
17-10-2009, 19:50
i'm guessing "saurus warriors" i'd say you need at least one more spear chukka or a doom diver, maybe even a few pump waggons for laughs.

gab-skull trasher
17-10-2009, 20:20
what other models do you own? that way I can advise accordingly.
1st issue though are the 20 strong units of orcs - shame you cant have 25 as you need to retain your rank bonus for as long as possible.

1st:Unfortunately no, i don't have more boyz i'm actually on the process of buying more because i been concentrating on 40k right now but want to get back to my O&G

2nd:What else do i have?Hmm..
-25 Black Orcs
-10 Spider Riders
-5 Boar Boyz
-5 Wolf Riders
-30 Archer Boyz(Can't remember when was the last time i used them)
-Wyvern
-Orc Shaman on Boar
-Giant
I think thats it:)

what army is SW? I cant work it out!

Space Wolves, I'm taking them just in case there's no warhammer fantasy players at the GW

i'm guessing "saurus warriors" i'd say you need at least one more spear chukka or a doom diver, maybe even a few pump waggons for laughs.

I've been wanting to try out a doomdiver for some time now but unfortunately haven't gotten around to buy one and i only have two Spear Chukkas..for now:evilgrin:

Jind_Singh
18-10-2009, 04:31
Heroes:
Black Orc Big Boss: 136pts.
-Martog's Best Basha,Bigged's Kickin' Boots,Shield,Heavy Armourforget this guy, lets go magic heavy and put your other character here!
Night Goblin Shaman: 120pts.
-Lvl 2 Wizard,Magic Mushrooms,Dispel Scroll
Core:
Orc Boyzx30: 150pts.
-Shields,FC
Orc Boyzx30: 170pts.
-Additional Choppa,FC
lets lose the 3rd unit and break it so you now have 2 units of 30. thats a SOLID number to base your line around!
and lets dump your loser night gobbos! i have a billion of them, im not a hater, but for 1500 pts you need to make every point count. as you dont have fanatics lets instead get something WAY better for you, spider riders and wolf riders! units of 5 strong, musicians, and make sure all of them have bows!
Special:
Goblin Spear Chukkax2: 75pts.
-Orc Bully
Orc Boar Chariot: 80pts.
no extra orcs! what the chariot comes does enough!
NO TROLLS! We're going magic heavy so sadly no one around to lend these guys a brain, so lets get Black Orcs instead ok, start with a command and then squeeze as many as you can, min 15, ideally 18 to get 3 ranks of 6

OK, by dropping the 3rd unit of orcs we have saved on their command group points and instead of 3 weak units we have 2 SOLID units!
By dropping a big boss for another shaman we go from magic medium to magic SOLID! Change your 3 shamans equipment so they have access to bound items/etc, to really let you dominate the magic! Waagh magic is amazing, especially (for me) the little waagh as theres so many great spells, hand of gork, 2 great magic missiles, foot of gork - good stuff!
By losing the night gobbos you get much needed speed to the army with 2-3 fast cav units - use these to help screen your army/protect your flanks/misdirect charges, and do things that make fast cav so damn GOOD!
We now have 15 balck orcs - these guys are nutcases and cause various shades of hurt! I like them on a flank, with a magic bannor that adds D6 to their 1st charge - declare a waagh that turn and now they move D6 to the enemy, includes wheeling, and when they charge they get ANOTHER D6! With a bit of luck what was a unit miles, and miles away is suddenly on the enemy flank!!! Holy crap! With 2 solid units of orc boyz in the middle, they get +3 to the waagh roll so they might have shot forwards as well!!!
Sorry to make you lose trolls - but with no one to lead them they wont do jack - but you got black orcs in their place, my 20 black orcs charged a war hydra and caused 3 wounds, they lost loads as it hit back, but static combat res saw me win by 2, he ran, i ran it down! GLORIOUS!
And thats how i'd play your greenies if I had the same models you do!
If you ever get serious about the greenskins, invest in:

1) Rock Lobba
2) Doom Diver
3) 5-10 Sqiug Hoppers

ANd last thing - chariots
You only use 2, so dont ever put them in front of things! they belong in between units, held back - the idea is to keep them out of line of sight for as long as possible. People wont charge the units they are hidding behind as last thing they want is str 5 chariots to counter charge them!!
But on other hand you also get to declare 2 charges on 1 unit - from orc boyz AND a chariot! It's lethal, i have killed many a foe with this tactic and it's great!!!

gab-skull trasher
18-10-2009, 15:26
OK, by dropping the 3rd unit of orcs we have saved on their command group points and instead of 3 weak units we have 2 SOLID units!
By dropping a big boss for another shaman we go from magic medium to magic SOLID! Change your 3 shamans equipment so they have access to bound items/etc, to really let you dominate the magic! Waagh magic is amazing, especially (for me) the little waagh as theres so many great spells, hand of gork, 2 great magic missiles, foot of gork - good stuff!
By losing the night gobbos you get much needed speed to the army with 2-3 fast cav units - use these to help screen your army/protect your flanks/misdirect charges, and do things that make fast cav so damn GOOD!
We now have 15 balck orcs - these guys are nutcases and cause various shades of hurt! I like them on a flank, with a magic bannor that adds D6 to their 1st charge - declare a waagh that turn and now they move D6 to the enemy, includes wheeling, and when they charge they get ANOTHER D6! With a bit of luck what was a unit miles, and miles away is suddenly on the enemy flank!!! Holy crap! With 2 solid units of orc boyz in the middle, they get +3 to the waagh roll so they might have shot forwards as well!!!
Sorry to make you lose trolls - but with no one to lead them they wont do jack - but you got black orcs in their place, my 20 black orcs charged a war hydra and caused 3 wounds, they lost loads as it hit back, but static combat res saw me win by 2, he ran, i ran it down! GLORIOUS!
And thats how i'd play your greenies if I had the same models you do!

So you would say something like this :)

Heroes:

Orc Shaman: 136pts.
-Lvl 2 Wizard,Boar,Nibbla's Itty ring

Night Goblin Shaman: 135pts.
-Lvl 2 Wizard,Power Stone,Dispel Scroll

Core:

Orc Boyzx30: 210pts.
-Shields,FC

Orc Boyzx30: 240pts.
-Additional Choppa,FC

Goblins Wolf Ridersx5: 71pts.
-Bows,Musician

Forest Goblins Spider Ridersx5: 76pts.
-Bows,Musician

Special:

Goblin Spear Chukkax2: 70pts.

Black Orcsx22: 371pts.
-Shields,FC,Gork's Waagh! Banner

Total:1,499 :)

Jind_Singh
18-10-2009, 18:49
Holy crap, 1999 pts! I did my own addition and it's actually 1499 pts!
Yes, thats a solid list!
3 dirty huge units to lead your battleline, 2 flanking units, and 2 spear chuckas to (hopefully) snipe at large targets.
A variation you can play is to reduce some Black Orcs/ORc Boyz to grab 5 more spider riders, and bullies for the bolt throwers, but see how the big unit works for you - you might find that as your hitting flanks with them they dont need the large number at their disposal - 15 might work as well.
For sure drop at least 1 black orc to get 2 bullies for your war machines, GW Sells orc boyz in packs of 3 plastic dudes in a small box, ideal for bullies.
Try to keep the Orc boyz 6 wide maximize your attacks!
OK Warlord, have fun ripping everyone apart!

gab-skull trasher
18-10-2009, 19:11
Holy crap, 1999 pts! I did my own addition and it's actually 1499 pts!
Yes, thats a solid list!
3 dirty huge units to lead your battleline, 2 flanking units, and 2 spear chuckas to (hopefully) snipe at large targets.
A variation you can play is to reduce some Black Orcs/ORc Boyz to grab 5 more spider riders, and bullies for the bolt throwers, but see how the big unit works for you - you might find that as your hitting flanks with them they dont need the large number at their disposal - 15 might work as well.
For sure drop at least 1 black orc to get 2 bullies for your war machines, GW Sells orc boyz in packs of 3 plastic dudes in a small box, ideal for bullies.
Try to keep the Orc boyz 6 wide maximize your attacks!
OK Warlord, have fun ripping everyone apart!

Crap i did not see that :D yeah it's supposed to be 1,499pts.

Well thanks for all the help and info :)