PDA

View Full Version : Second attempt @ WoC 0.5-1.0K

Navitude
18-10-2009, 03:07
Using the battle box, a Chaos Sorcerer and Champion of Chaos this is the 500pt and 1000pt lists that I came up with.

500pts List:

Hero:
Chaos Sorcerer - Level 2 Wizard, MOT - 150*

Core:
Chaos Warriors (12) - Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer - 210

Chaos Marauders (20) - Great Weapon, Full Command, MOS - 130**

Total: 480pts***

Additional block to make 1000pts:

Hero:
Exalted Hero - Shield, Barded Chaos Stead, Battle Standard, Halberd - 160

Core:
Chaos Warhounds (5) - X

Chaos Warhounds (5) - X

Special:
Chaos Knights (5) - Musician, Standard Bearer - 230

Total: 450pts****

*Why shouldn't I run the book of Secrets?

**If I shouldn't run champions for the warriors and knights because of the challenge rule, should I run the chieftain in the marauders? Also I thought that the Warriors and Knights would do well in combat due to their save, are champions really that poor?

***For 20 points in the first block, what should I add to the Sorcerer? At 4 power dice and 3 dispel in a 500pt match, is that okay?

****No Idea what to do with the extra 50 points. Any thoughts?

Any ideas on how to improve the list? Or any advice?

Paraelix
18-10-2009, 03:56
Don't use Book of Secrets. Don't take champions in the warriors or knights. Could probably run with a normal mount on the BSB instead of a daemon... Would give you a better save.
Run the hounds in 2 units.
Use all 12 of your warriors, and run them 6x2

Unuhexium
18-10-2009, 07:21
What he said, and split the dogs into two units for more flexibility.

Ps. when you write a list, only write down upgrades that you buy. Everyone carries a hand weapon and it is common knowledge that most most chaos troops already wear chaos armour. Furthermore, only writing down upgrades makes your list look neat.

Navitude
18-10-2009, 18:45
- Book of Secrets and Spell Familiar from Wizard
- Champion from Warriors and Knights

+2 Warriors and Shields
+ Halberd to Exalted Hero

> Daemonic Mount to Barded Chaos Stead fro Exalted Hero
> Chaos Warhounds from ten man to two five man units

*Don't understand why the book of secrets is bad. Can someone explain, also I have know idea how to equip my sorcerer now with only 20pts.

*Should I keep the chieftain with the marauders?

*What should I run for 50 points in the second block to, more hounds?

*How to improve further?

Rawne
18-10-2009, 23:09
book of secrets is ok in larger games where the owner of the book of secrets isnt your only caster say 2k + where your likely to have afew lvl 2s, but in low lvl games where the leader of your army or only magic user in your army the book of secrets can potentially kill your sorcerer or remove his effectiveness to cast magic, instead of rolling 2d6 on the miscast table, the book of secrets makes it 1d6 +1 , that is potentially horrendous to your battle plan or use of magic both offensively or defencively

Avian
19-10-2009, 06:02
*Don't understand why the book of secrets is bad. Can someone explain, also I have know idea how to equip my sorcerer now with only 20pts.
I take the Book pretty much always. If I'm justing fielding one sorcerer, it will be the guy on Disc with the Book and a Spell Familiar.

*Should I keep the chieftain with the marauders?
If you take a champion in a Marauder unit but not in the Warriors, you have misunderstood something. :p

*What should I run for 50 points in the second block to, more hounds?
Upgrade a Warhound unit to Horsemen is what I'd do.

*How to improve further?
Actual weaponry on the Warriors. Horse for the Sorcerer.