PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Undecided

PelsBoble
20-01-2006, 12:35
I got a load of chaos models lying around from my khorne chaos army. And ive bought a fair share of other models for new project that seem a bit too far ahead.

So i was thinking of mixing some of these units to get a fast solid chaos army.

Exalted Chaos Champion @ 186 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; General; Great Weapon; Shield
Armour of Damnation [30]
Daemonic Mount @ [50] Pts

Bray Shaman @ 135 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Magic Level 2
Dispel Scroll [25]

Wargor @ 188 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Lore of Tzeentch; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour
The Goretooth [25]
Enchanted Shield [10]
The Fur of Sharrgu [15]

CORE:

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 65 Pts
5 Marauder Horsemen @ 65 Pts

5 Chaos Knights of Blood @ 260 Pts
Mark of Khorne; Full Command

Mark of Khorne; Full Command

SPECIAL:

Beast Herd 7(Gors) 12 ungor @ 132 Pts xtra HW, Full command

5 Chaos Furies @ 75 Pts

5 Mounted Daemonettes @ 150 Pts

3 Screamers of Tzeentch @ 99 Pts

RARE:

1 Fiend of Slaanesh @ 75 Pts

Casting Pool: 6

Dispel Pool: 6

Models in Army: 71

Total Army Cost: 2000

As you can see i have alot of mage/warmachine hunters as well s march blockers. The two knight units will be screened by hounds and protected by marauders from baiting units etc.

The general can kick some ass while he isnt too expensive. The wargor and bray shaman will start out in the beast herd. And i will be going for shadow magic and hope i get unseen lurker combined with steed of shadow.

the Fiends of Slaanesh should be able to protect flanks as well as tie up units.

But i would like some input on this army. I have only played with khorne chaos before so im not used to alot of magic stuff. But i shoudl be able to get off the steed and goretooth with my 6 PD tho.

Neknoh
20-01-2006, 16:04
First of all, you cannot put your Exalted in any of the two Knight units, second, you cannot put two different marked characters in the same unit, meaning your Wargor and Shaman can't be placed in the Beastherd.

My advice to you is to drop two of the Fiends, this will free up 150 points, also remove the magical items from your Wargor.

Now, upgrade your Wargor to a Beastlord of Tzeentch and give him the Goretooth, a Greatweapon and Chaos Armour. This will be enough for him to ripp into any unit he encounters with his herd.

Actually, drop the other two Fiends as well, this will rend you another 150 points, for these points, get another three Furies and another two Screamers to increase these two units effectiveness by a LOT.

Put your Exalted Champion on a Normal steed and remove the Mark of Khorne from one of your two Knight units, this will grant you arround 90 points, plus the 40 points left from your other two Fiends.

that's arround 130 points, drop one unit of Marauder Horsemen, this is 190 points, get the other unit of Horsemen a Musician and Flails to aid your non-khornate Knights and make sure that no fast-cav get's the idea to mess with your line.

Now, get yourself a Chariot of Nurgle and you have an army of the four marks.
Let the Chariot hang back and take out any march-blockers that may get there, or simply threaten any big nasty that willingly gets there, such as Winged Nightmare riders and the like.

ROCKY
20-01-2006, 18:40
hey, as mentioned earlier i am a new player but do you not have to give up a special choice as well as a hero choice to put a bray-shaman in a mortal army?

Skaven-win
20-01-2006, 23:50
i'd like to know where the 6 dispel dice are coming from. Unless there's something i'm missing(magic items/spcial rules) but there should only be 4.

as Neknoh noted mentioned about your characters, make sure they can go into some units for protection. I hunt lonely characters, so will anyone else.

Also i wouldn't feild so many small units. But maybe thats just my Skaven ways. easy to may a unit take a panic test, or simply be destroyed.

But once the kinks are worked out that'll be a sweet army, not to be atken lightly.

Neknoh
21-01-2006, 08:14
6 dispell dice commes from...

2 basic
Bray Shaman adds 1
Exalted Champion of Tzeentch adds 1
2 Khorne marks adds another 2

That's a total of 6 Dispell Dice, he would still have 6 if he upgraded his Wargor to a Beastlord and dropped the Mark of Khorne from one of his Knight units.

And no, you do not have to give up a Special choice for the Bray, the only thing that changes is that the Beast units become Special Choice, that's all

Dark Lord
21-01-2006, 08:45
He would have 6 if the opponent targets his knights.But generally they will aim the other ..far more impt units IMO.

Counter to this army would be magic heavy army, whereby he eliminates your fast calvary units with magic and shooting, march block it then his own fast calvary will close in on your flanks. BUt removing two spawns and boosting the numbers of furies and screamers is a very good notion. Besides, if the dice gods aint on ur side, triple 1s for movement of the fiends of Slaanesh can happen.

PelsBoble
21-01-2006, 09:23
Hi.

Thx for the suggestions. I didnt even think about not being able to have the bray and wargor in the same unit.

The point of having my general on a deamonic steed is that hes got a bit of extra protection. Hits are randomised and the mount can take a fair share of beating before it dies. Also having him go free isnt that bad for this army since its fast moving and should be able to let the furies or screamers screen him in turn one anyways.

Then he can help out where needed. If i go for a beastlord of tzeentch wouldnt it be better to give him staff of change? This would let me dispell alot more of enemy magic as well as increasing my own magic a bit.

Upping the furies and screamers with 1/2 models is probably not a bad idea. Still i would like to have thos fast moving spawns around..

Also i dont see the effectivness in a chariot of nurgle. As i pay alot for the thing to cause fear with its US of 4 it wont matter that much IMO.

And concerning rolling 3 1s thats a bit far fetched. Sure it will happen once in a while but i dont worry to much about it...

Neknoh
21-01-2006, 12:49
Dark Lord, you are wrong! The Mark of Khorne adds on dispell dice to your pool of dispell dice! Units with the Mark of Khorne does NOT have Magic resistance! You are thinking of Bloodletters.

The Staff of Change was actually what I first thought of giving you as an advice, however, it chews up quite a few points, so it's your call.

The Chariot of Nurgle's Unit Strength doesn't matter, it's the fact that it can pummel any flyer landing behind your lines, it can also chew through any Skirmishers or scouts landing behind you.

The Mark of Nurgle is there for two reasons: 1. To get you an army including all four marks, thus justifying taking Knights of Khorne when the rest of your army is Slaanesh (his arch nemesis) and Tzeentch (magic! bah humbugh!).

2. To make sure that you actually can scare off most Scout units and such even by only killing 1 or 2 due to outnumber.

PelsBoble
21-01-2006, 13:21
Well the US of the chariot does matter when it comes to autobreaking. As most skirmishers are rather small units i can see how the fear causing could aid it a bit.

Still i dont think having a chariot is the best anti skirmisher unit. As it only normal LoS its easy for skirmishers to avoid it and if it get flanked/rear charged its probably going to be dead pretty fast.

I could however go with 1 spawn of nurgle to get some nurgle in there :)

I agree on the fact that the staff is a bit steep in cost when u dotn go uber magic heavy, but still i could probably lose one of my scrolls since the staff is pretty effective at dispelling things :)

I will make a revised list and put it in this post soon

EDIT: HERE it IS

Exalted
Mark of Chaos Undivided; General; Great Weapon; Shield
Armour of Damnation [30]
Daemonic Mount @ [50] Pts

Beastlord @ 312 Pts
Mark of Tzeentch; Lore of Tzeentch; Great Weapon; Heavy Armour
Staff of Change [65]

Bray Shaman @ 135 Pts
Mark of Chaos Undivided; Magic Level 2
Dispel Scroll [25]

Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; Full Command

Mark of Khorne; Frenzy; Full Command

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 71 Pts musician

5 Marauder Horsemen @ 71 Pts musician

SPECIAL:

7 Chaos Furies @ 105 Pts

3 Screamers of Tzeentch @ 99 Pts

5 Mounted Daemonettes @ 150 Pts

Beast Herd 7(Gors) 14 ungor @ 140 Pts
2ndWeapon; Full Command

RARE

1 Beast of Nurgle @ 75 Pts

Casting Pool: 8

Dispel Pool: 7

Models in Army: 73

Total Army Cost: 1999

What about this then? Should be more versatile than the other list

Skaven-win
21-01-2006, 18:28
ah, me soo stuip, forgot about the Korn marked units

Also- revised looks much kooler. I like the fact your using so many different "allinged" units

Neknoh
21-01-2006, 18:47
This one, I like. What you can actually do with your Exalted Champion is to have him join a unit of Marauder Horsemen, that way, he will get the Free Reform rule with them and together, that's one helluva unit.

The one thing I can say about this is that I suggest you give Chaos Armour and a Braystaff to your Bray Shaman so that he actually can survive small harassing units, to do that, it's enough to remove 1 Furie, this would make your army exactly 2000 points.

Good luck, and welcome to the wastes.

Garanaul the Black
22-01-2006, 02:53
6 dispell dice commes from...

Exalted Champion of Tzeentch adds 1

:confused: I thought that the mark of Tzeentch adds a POWER die, not a dispel.....

Maybe I'm wrong, its been a long day.

Jesse

PelsBoble
22-01-2006, 09:10
Heh just read up on the rules on the chaos marks in the HoC book.

Its pretty clear tbh. The khorne mark grans an extra disp dice. The tzeentch gives 1 powerdice unless if it on a Character. Then it makes him a lvl 2 or lvl4 depending on if hes a lord or not. A lvl 2 sorc gives 1 disp dice ^_^ the lvl4 gives 2 dd.