PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points HE force

ShadowSoul
20-01-2006, 22:05
Prince w/ Armour of the Gods, Swordmaster, Guardian Phoenix, Pure of Heart (225)
*Leads Spearmen. He's cheesy-ish, but I'm up against Saurus Oldbloods, Vampires and Chaos Lords, and not alot of Princes can stand up to that. Maybe AotG/Vambraces/Halberd?

Mage w/ lvl2, Ring of Fury, Jewel of Dusk (175)
*Lore of Heaven. Rerolls = my Ring of Fury will never burns out ^^b.

Mage w/ lvl2, Seer, Silver Wand (170)
*Lore of Light. Takes the two WS1 spells and the magic missile. I LOVE watching Chosen Knights wiffing with so many attacks.

23 Spearmen w/ Full command, Lion Standard (308)
*I find that large units of Spearmen with a character for anti-armour can take anyone to the cleaners. 18 Str3, 4 Str7, immune to panic, fear, terror.

5 Silver Helms w/ 2+ save (115)
*Flankers/harassers

5 Silver Helms w/ 2+ Save (115)

5 SIlver Helms w/ 2+ save (115)

20 Swordmasters w/ Full command, Warbanner, Amulet of the Purifying Flame (325)
*I love these guys.

5 Shadow Warriors w/ N/A (75)
*Harass lone heroes, hide in woods etc etc etc. Usual skimish stuff

2 RBT w/ N/A (200)
*Never leave home without em.

2 Great Eagles w/ N/A (100)
*See above ^^b

My gaming group typically doesnt use many dispell scrolls (I think we agreed on one max per list), if you are wondering why I didn't bother. I find them rather boring to use anyways. I could drop the Silver Wand (magic missile is kinda weak) and the Amulet (only really works once) to get enough points for it, but I'm not sure if its worth the trouble.

I've been toying with getting a third mage... But, like I said, this is a friendly-ish list, so I'd rather not trick out on magic (plus I'd have to drop 2 support units). Maybe a Banner of Sorcery for the Swordmasters would be ok (and fluffy)...

jigplums
20-01-2006, 22:19
Looks pretty good to me, for a friendly list it seems very balanced between power and Friendlyishness[what its a word]

ShadowSoul
20-01-2006, 22:23
Great! Thats what I was going for.

TheDrugLordX
20-01-2006, 23:57
You don't need a third mage. HE is an army that performs good with only 3 characters. Well, considering the expensive unit costs they should stay at 3 characters and spend the rest on units... Though, cheepish commanders are good to have to bolster the abilities of cavalry.

Prince w/ Armour of the Gods, Swordmaster, Guardian Phoenix, Pure of Heart (225)
*Leads Spearmen. He's cheesy-ish, but I'm up against Saurus Oldbloods, Vampires and Chaos Lords, and not alot of Princes can stand up to that. Maybe AotG/Vambraces/Halberd?
I wouldn't say that he's cheesy-ish, as elf characters don't get very cheesy. They are, however, very effective concerning their cheapish points cost. I've seen this elf prince built a lot of times, and it's probably the best balanced elf prince that you can get.

Mage w/ lvl2, Ring of Fury, Jewel of Dusk (175)
*Lore of Heaven. Rerolls = my Ring of Fury will never burns out ^^b.
Very nice! I use this combination of items too but never thought about using the sign of amul. I'll put that on my mind for my comming games.

Mage w/ lvl2, Seer, Silver Wand (170)
*Lore of Light. Takes the two WS1 spells and the magic missile. I LOVE watching Chosen Knights wiffing with so many attacks.
I would go as far as giving her the Channeler honor as well. Would you face a hordish army (like skaven) with huge blocks of units, choosing a spell that's hard to cast and never getting it through will cost you a lot. With the channeler honor, you can choose the flame of pheonix/wall of fire and use an amazing 4 dice! 4 dice averages on 14, 3 dice on 10.5. Considering as they are cast on 11+/12+ you really would like to use that extra die.

Or, if you know that your opponent have annoying magic items, the Vaul's unmaking would be worth gold. Give it a thought, It's really powerful.

23 Spearmen w/ Full command, Lion Standard (308)
*I find that large units of Spearmen with a character for anti-armour can take anyone to the cleaners. 18 Str3, 4 Str7, immune to panic, fear, terror.
Nice!:D

5 Silver Helms w/ 2+ save (115)
*Flankers/harassers

5 Silver Helms w/ 2+ Save (115)

5 SIlver Helms w/ 2+ save (115)
Plain and Simple.

20 Swordmasters w/ Full command, Warbanner, Amulet of the Purifying Flame (325)
*I love these guys.
The warbanner is good, but I really think that you would do better with the Banner of Sorcery. Those potential 1-3 dice can give you an extra spell to cast/turn, which can be very vital!

*Harass lone heroes, hide in woods etc etc etc. Usual skimish stuff

I'm not much for shadow warriors, but they're fine.

2 RBT w/ N/A (200)
*Never leave home without em.

2 Great Eagles w/ N/A (100)
*See above ^^b
:evilgrin:

Nice list, I like it and would play it anytime. Good luck!

ShadowSoul
21-01-2006, 00:56
I think I'll combine the two Shadow Warrior units and drop a couple models to make enough room for the Banner of Sorcery.