PDA

View Full Version : Carnosaur Build

WarhammerNoob4ever
22-10-2009, 14:56
Hello all,

Im thinking about trying a carny @ 2k points with a steggy heavy build.....

Was thinkin something along the lines of:

Old w Carny
2 Skink Priest on EotGs
1 Chief on Ancient w War-Spear

4x Skink Sk x10

2x Terrax3

and some Cold one Calvary if points (yes i kno, kinda cheesy list, but we are having a cheese tourney and i have wanted to try a steggy army)

But i am having a real hard time tryin to figure out how to equip my carny.....

Possible builds are:

Blade of Realities/Enchanted Shield
+1 Str sword and no AS/ES/5+ ward
+2 att/ES/5+ ward
Flaming attack sword/+1 Toughness armour/5+ ward
Spear/venom/+1 T armour/5+ ward

any help would be great, i've never run a Carny before and would appreciate the help

N810
22-10-2009, 15:04
Personally I would be tempted to try out the Blade of Realities/Enchanted Shield
just for the sheer awesomeness of killing something nasty with one hit. :evilgrin:

Whitehorn
22-10-2009, 15:07
I haven't played one yet, but I settled for testing this build:

Saurus Oldblood
Carnosaur
Sword of Battle
The Maiming Shield
Light armour
Bane head

I wanted to keep it cheaper and build up mass attacks. The Carnosaur S7 will eat chariots happily, so the rider is more attuned for dealing with numbers. I chose a basic sword to ensure he has magical attacks, preventing him from being tarpitted by Ethereal or such.

Desert Rain
22-10-2009, 17:40
My favourite is the following build:

Oldblood
Carnosaur
Light Armour
Scmitar of the Sun
Maiming Shield
possibly Bane Head

9+5 attacks after the carnie becomes frenzy.

Malorian
22-10-2009, 19:23
I'd go either with the 2 extra attacks or +1 str and ignore armor saves. Then always the enchanted shield and 5+ ward.

Axis
22-10-2009, 23:43
I'd go either with the 2 extra attacks or +1 str and ignore armor saves. Then always the enchanted shield and 5+ ward.

My mate uses the +1 strength ignores armour saves (blade of revered tzunki or something) and the enchanted shield on a carnosaur. It is a very dangerous model. Really hits hard!

S

Gaargod
22-10-2009, 23:49
Blade of Realities. Always.

Its just such a scary damm weapon - the lord should be able to beat up most stuff with his mount, except other big scary things. But, when you through in an auto-die weapon...

I've tried most set ups and i've found, for general purposes (obviously, if you're list-tailoring, taking Revered Tzunki is more useful against say chaos knight heavy WoC) that Blade of Realities is best overall.

Paraelix
23-10-2009, 08:16
My favourite is the following build:

Oldblood
Carnosaur
Light Armour
Scmitar of the Sun
Maiming Shield
possibly Bane Head

9+5 attacks after the carnie becomes frenzy.

Thats my coice.

Plus, you can't take the Toughness armour as the Saurus needs to be on foot.

scarvet
23-10-2009, 12:59
Blade of Realities. Always.

Imo bening able to dash out 12(14) Str5 attack is generally more useful than making people take 5 Ld check....

That said, I always have a mirror pool shield for the last line of magic missile defense.

N810
23-10-2009, 13:15
you do realize that if you target passes his LD check you still get to hit as usual as well,
this effectily doubles the old bloods attacks... more or less.

Wolf 11x
23-10-2009, 15:23
There are only two viable builds.

Blade of Realities & Enchanted Shield
Blade of Revered Tzunki & Amulet of Itzl (the 2+ Ward against first wound suffered)

StarFyre
23-10-2009, 15:31
The blade is NOT the best overall..have people actaully used it?

I've used it against vampires, daemons,chaos..guess what? any army with decent leaderhip doesn't die often from yes. YES, you MAY get lucky and kill archaon, or a vampire lord on a dragon, or something, with it...but probability for it is bad and most of the time, it won't do anything, and then you are left trying to get through the heavy armour with a weapon that won't ignore that save.

Especially if you think you may see cavalry (which in tournaments, you probably will), the Tzunki blade is prob the best overall..sadly, they nerfed our 4+ ward item, so prob take it with a regular shield, and the 5+ ward item (or enchanted shield and no 6+ ward if you can).

Edit: the 2+ ward vs 1st wound is probably better actually than a 6+

Sanjay

Wolf 11x
23-10-2009, 19:59
You're using it wrong. The BoR is for Varghulfs, Hydras, etc. Not characters. There is nothing like wiping the smirk off an Orc player's face when you maul 4 Trolls that had Regeneration. :)

Malorian
23-10-2009, 20:13
BoR is also killer against stegadons :)

If you ever fight a fellow lizardmen...

blackjack
27-10-2009, 18:25
I played against a Tzunki carni last weekend. It eat all my temple guard, (hits on 3s wounds on 2s no save) killed my EOTG and priest and eat my slann all by it self!.