PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Warriors list for general use. your opinions plz

-=[Starscream]=-
22-10-2009, 16:42
Chaos Warriors
( 2250 points)

Lords

Sorcerer Lord (430 pts)
-MOT, LvL4, spell familiar, rod of torment, enchanted shield, Golden eye of Tzeentch, Blood curdling roar,Disc of Tzeentch

Heroes

Chaos Sorcerer(230 pts)
-MOT, LvL2 ,Disc of Tzeentch, Book of secrets,
Power familiar, Conjoined hommunculus

Chaos Sorcerer (191 pts)
-MON,LvL2, Barbed Chaos Steed, Infernal puppet

Chaos Sorcerer(206 pts)
-MON, Barbed Chaos steed, 2xDispel scrolls

Core Units

3x5 Marauder horsemen(288 pts)
-MOS, Light armor, Throwing axes, Musician

4x5 Chaos Warhounds(120 pts)

Special Units

5 Chaos Knights(285 pts)
-MON, ensorcelled weapons, Standard bearer,
Banner of Rage

5 Chaos Knights(295 pts)
-MOK, ensorcelled weapons ,standard bearer,
Banner of wrath

Rare Units
1 Hellcannon(205 pts)

Jiggy
22-10-2009, 17:34
Ok that's enough.Just cause some WAAC tool posted it on BOLS doesn't mean it works that way.There are hundreds of other items whose wording is not absolute and would be game breaking if used so.Just drop it already.

Unuhexium
22-10-2009, 18:29
I agree with Jiggy. This crap about rending sword and spells is getting really tiresome. There's been like what, 10-15 threads about it? Using it that was is just WAAC attitude and poor sportsmanship.

Other than that, your army seems pretty solid. Nothing to comment on really except that you don't have any backup what so ever if you meet someone with good magic defense, but you've probably taken that into account already.

-=[Starscream]=-
22-10-2009, 21:23
whoa!!! take it easy dude! i just had a question thats all. no need to get mad at me. It IS badly written for sure i just wanted to know the official answer to it. I didnt even use the "trick" yet. As for the second comment : I guess you are right but wouldnt the rest of army be enough to hold and at least get a reasonable score if not a victory? I mean he cant block all of my spells some of them are gonna get throught. As for the rest of the guys who will answer PLZ dont start flaming!!! I want some ideas about the army. Some constructive comments on it so i m gonna change the lord's items a bit.

Unuhexium
22-10-2009, 22:06
We didn't mean to flame. It's just that there seem to be threads about rending sword poping up at least once or twice a week and it always boil down to the same RAW vs RAI shouting match.

About your sorc. lord, he's better off without a weapon in my oppinion. He's not really meant to be in combat. The only good way to take down a sorc. lord on disc is to lock him in combat. Don't give your opponent what he wants.

Btw, you've miscounted the hounds. Three groups of five ends up at 90 pts total.

Paraelix
22-10-2009, 22:42
Drop the Runesword... Take a spell familiar

-=[Starscream]=-
22-10-2009, 22:56
:p i just wanted to prevent flaming knowing its a "hot" issue . i just got confused about it. oh yeah there are 4x5 hounds :p. As for the spell familiar well i guess your right. i depend too much on magic to leave it out so i m editing again :). In a situation that i cant use enough magic to bring the enemy down easily or when i get unlucky with the infernal gateway do you think that i have chances to win? I first wanted to make a melee army w/o magic offense but it seems that the eye of the gods is gonna be a pain in the ass. what percentage of survivability do you think this army has? Also are the units of 5 knights and marauder horsemen supposed to be bigger or 5 is enough? i m a bit new to the game and i m full of questions :) thanks for the answers this far.

leeoaks
23-10-2009, 06:51
i think its a little boring for general use. spice it up a bit there are loads of nice choices in the chaos list. might just be me but i would play about 5 games with this then need to change it!

Paraelix
23-10-2009, 07:53
Also, I don't believe 10 levels of wizard is really "General Use"...

Eta
23-10-2009, 08:02
Looks like the standard tournament build to me. I wouldn't play with such a list against my friends.

Greetings
Eta

-=[Starscream]=-
23-10-2009, 11:34
well.. i just wanted to try a magic based army. i dont wanna participate in tournaments yet. i m a new player i dont have any gaming experience. then how about a melee based army with a khorne lord, a dispel scroll bearer and a battle standard bearer and pretty much the same set up with some chosen and warshrine? but at my current state even a broken tournament army would have no effect :P

leeoaks
23-10-2009, 15:18
if you are new you should take more varied options learn the game. Did you create this list or did you lift it from somewhere?

Rawne
23-10-2009, 15:39
id say your depending far too much on magic for your offense, yeah you have 2 units of knights, but as long as the oponent has a decent magic defense and can take out your knights you dont really have anything else you can do. try and balance it out a bit more

popisdead
23-10-2009, 22:08
Looks pretty weak. You have 3 units that will die fast to any shooting or MM's and 2 units to then take out with CR?

-=[Starscream]=-
24-10-2009, 21:02
ok. i ve made a new list with completely different style. its pure melee with a sorcerer for some dispels. Its at 2592 pts:

Chaos Lord

-Mok,juggernaut,sword of might,crown of everlasting conquest,enchanted shield,favor of the gods, diabolic splendor

Exalted Hero]
-Mok, BSB, juggernaut,chaos rune sword,shield, stream of corruption

Chaos Sorcerer
-undivided, 2x dispel scrolls

Core Units

2x5Marauder horsemen
-MoS, flails/throwing axes, light armor, musician

4x5 warhounds

1x25 Marauder
-MoK, GW

Special Units

1x5 Chaos Knights (Lord placed here too)
-MoN,ensorcelled weapons,st.bearer,champion,banner of rage

1x5 Chaos knights (exalted is placed here)
-MoK, ensorcelled weapons,st.bearer,champion, blasted standard

1x15Chosen
-MoK, shield,Halberd,st.bearer

Rare Units
1Hellcannon

1Warshrine
-MoT

Eta
24-10-2009, 22:19
Where is the sorcerer? Other than that, drop the gifts you have given your characters. Especially Stream of Corruption is quite useless on a character that has a charge range of 14" and must charge when it is able to do so.

Greetings
Eta

-=[Starscream]=-
25-10-2009, 12:20
hehe yeah i forgot to write it down. i edited the post its ok now. even diabolic splendor? the -1 leadership isn't that bad.

Paraelix
25-10-2009, 14:56
Always take musicians in your units.