PDA

View Full Version : Rules on Thorek Ironbrow

passagier
21-01-2006, 09:49
Since I only have the german version of the Dwarf rulebook which is, to put I mildly, horribly translated and thus leaves more room for interpretation than could be asked for, I need a clarification on how often Thorek may recast a failed rune (as long as Kraggi is alive of course). Is it once per turn or once per battle. I would go for the latter but you never know. Im sure the english book is more precise. Thanks.

Muzzle
21-01-2006, 17:49
As long as Kraggi is alive, Thorek can reroll a failed attempt to strike a rune on the Anvil.

Flame
21-01-2006, 20:17
Thinking about it some more, it is possible to read that sentance in more than one way, for example-

a(singular) failed attempt could mean only one per battle. Its one for the Q&A I think.

T10
21-01-2006, 20:24
The english text is somewhat funky as well, but it appears that a) any failed roll may be re-rolled and b) if the re-roll fails then the "misfire" is made with the penalty.

Kraggi isn't a one-use Dwarf.

-T10

Gratnuk Ironfist
26-01-2006, 18:27
The english text is somewhat funky as well, but it appears that a) any failed roll may be re-rolled and b) if the re-roll fails then the "misfire" is made with the penalty.

Kraggi isn't a one-use Dwarf.

-T10

Aye, the way it is written in my book (english) it you can re-roll the dice as long as kraggi lives. i.e each turn.