PDA

View Full Version : 2250 WOC, looking to make it fairly compeditive without going OTT

kormas
24-10-2009, 23:30
i am trying to keep this to a rough theme as a nurgle army, the khornite marauders will just represent marauders in a death frenzy or something along those lines :D.

HEROES
Exalted=185
Glaive of putrefaction
book of secrets
shield
MoN

(he will be my awnser to big monsters)

Exalted=190
BSB
Filth mace
MoN

(just so i have some terror in the army, i am not to sure about this set up..)

Sorc=165
LVL 2
MoN

Sorc=190
LVL 2
MoN
Dispel scroll

(i LOVE the lore of nugle smile.gif, so these guys are here to stay)

CORE
15 warriors=300
Shields
Full command
MoN

15 warriors=300
Shields
Full command
MoN

(the backbone of my army, i love the 2+ sv and they really pack some punch. and they will house all of my heroes, going to run them 5X3)

10 marauders=80
MoK
Flails

10 marauders=80
MoK
Flails

10 marauders=80
MoK
flails

10 marauders=80
MoK
Flails

(these guys act as screnes, and they will hopefully kill something if they actualy get to combat)

5warhounds=30

5 warhounds=30

(basic run around and make a nusiense)

SPECIAL
5 chaos knights=250
MoN
stardard

5 chaos knights=250
MoN
standard

(hammer, nothing subtle here)

RARE
Warshrine=130

Warshrine=130

(never really used them before, or versed them for that matter, but i have some nice conversions in mind, but will swap them out if they arnt worth it)

Paraelix
25-10-2009, 00:00
You haven't marked your warriors or your bsb.

It is unclear where you plan to place characters.

If you need screens, use hounds... Otherwise might be an idea to run 12x marauders as 6x2 with a muso (just in case) and maybe a champe cos he's dirt cheap.

You'll want musos on the knights. And I think you could probably run with just one warshrine.

I don't think there's much about the army that is super competitive. Lots of frenzied stuff is a pain in the **** (played a rat ogre list the other day), but marauders are fairly easy to clean away with some missile fire/magic missiles. And they won't stand to a charge.

blackjack
25-10-2009, 04:41
It's a nice competitive list. Not OTT at all.

kormas
25-10-2009, 05:05
Paraelix: the characters are deffinatly a bit of a dillema for me, the general idea was to throw them all in the 2 units of warriors, but that seems a bit to muich of a gamble, and i really dont want to have to fork out the points for more warriors. i am thinking maybe throwing one of the exalteds on a horse and send him off with the knights?.

also, does anyone have some good combos for the characters, because i really cant think of one (havnt studied the book too much yet, only reacently got it :D)

Jind_Singh
25-10-2009, 05:12
the main issue i got is mark of khorne on the men - not for fluff reasons (thought there is that) but from gaming view. to me a screen as weak as maraduer men is not effective if it's charging people. i want my screens to advance to an inch from the enemy unit, and then wheel them so if they get charged the enemy has exposed his flanks to my hard hitting units - so MoK destroys this. it means the unit dictates its own fate, not you the general!
and so i would replace them with more warhounds - much faster!
also for the knights - NEVER, never, take standards, no need. you kill so much that the extra +1 for standard means jack all, but as the game goes on there might come a time when a reduced unit of knights breaks from combat - then what? u just lost 100vps for nothing!
drop them and use the pts elsewere.
as for warshrines, i find one does the job really well, you dont need 2.
Excellent conversion i saw...VC corpse cart, but there is a marader on top banging on huge drums, with a bubbling caludren of filth! it's being pulled by a beast of nurgle and theres lots of nurglings running around it - looked amazing!

Paraelix
25-10-2009, 05:22
Paraelix: the characters are deffinatly a bit of a dillema for me, the general idea was to throw them all in the 2 units of warriors, but that seems a bit to muich of a gamble, and i really dont want to have to fork out the points for more warriors. i am thinking maybe throwing one of the exalteds on a horse and send him off with the knights?.

also, does anyone have some good combos for the characters, because i really cant think of one (havnt studied the book too much yet, only reacently got it :D)

It really depends what you want out of the army for where you place characters.

I'm planning a Tzeentch list with a unit of 18 (eq) warriors and 18 (eq) chosen. Using Marauder cav to fill in remaining core and as flank chargers/warmachine killers. 2 units of hounds for screen and charge block (the warriors have BoR). 1 unit of knights for scare value.

Character-wise. My Tz Sorc lord is floating on disc. Lvl2 sorc is on steed and inside the chosen for protection, but can run away if need be. BSB is in frenzied warriors to cause more damage, exert bsb influence, and provide Magic Res 2 by collar of khorne.

Tactically, my army will move as one big block. Knights will flank one side, probs with one marauder cav unit. They will provide scare to lure enemy into my inf blocks.

In your case you have 2 knights and small inf. So are you going to flank both sides? Flank one? Are there dogs/marauder cav to support? If you throw a character in the knights, is he the general? If so, is that a good idea? Its these kind of questions you have to ask yourself for the placement of characters. What are they doing, and where will they work best.

As for item builds. Well a character on steed with knights should always (imo) shell out 20pts for soporific musk. BCR is good on sorcerers. Bloodskull pendant can cause a few suprises on a sorcerer. Otherwise runesword will always work for you... Or glaive of P if you're taking on lots of monsters.

Eta
25-10-2009, 09:57
Your heroes are really messed up. They have almost no protection at all and have no real function in your army.

If you want to keep the rough character selection (two exalted heroes, two sorcerers) then mount them on chaos steeds. Give your exalted heroes shields and make one of them BSB! These rerolls can save your butt more often than you can imagine. A quite good and cheap combo I have used successfully as BSB is a mounted exalted hero with shield and sword of might - 176 points. Your general could use something in the line of chaos steed, enchanted shield, biting sword - 146 points. There are still some points left over for marks.

The sorcerers in your setup are neither staple magic defense nor offense. They need some items to boost their abilities. Add a power familiar, the book of secrets and another dispel scroll to bring your PD up to eight and to gain at least a magic missile and more defense. You could support your mages with a banner of wrath in one of your warriors units.

Greetings
Eta

Techpriest
25-10-2009, 14:32
I didnt think BSB's could take magic weapons?

Paraelix
25-10-2009, 14:53
BSBs can take (in certain newer army books) any mundane equipment and may take EITHER a magic banner OR magic equipment.