PDA

View Full Version : 2k Hopefully competitive dwarfs

Minigiant
25-10-2009, 08:43
Mini tournament in my area would like to win to keep up my domination of this event, everyone is expecting either my Wood elves or Empire but as my current force is still under construction i thought i would dust off my dwarfs what do you think?

Thorek Ironbrow 505pts

Runesmith 132
shield
2 runes of spellbreaking

Thane 136pts
shield
great weapon
Master rune of kragg the grim
Rune of cleaving
Rune of fury

10 Thunderers 140pts

10 Thunderers 140pts

20 Warriors 205pts
Full command
shields

20 Warriors 205pts
Full command
shields

20 Hammerers 290pts
Full command
shields

Organ Gun 120pts

Organ Gun 120pts

=1993pts

danny-d-b
25-10-2009, 09:18
you do relices thorck ironbrow is consdered to be in the top 5 most broken special caracters, and so for a 'friendly' might be a bit over the top, considering the fact he makes 3 units move at 1/2 movement and take D6 S4 hits, which means that when march blocked most infantry only move 2-2.5 in which will never get in to combat, so having your 3 most expensive unit stoped from getting in to combat. then when you do get in to range then the dwarfs can charge you and that point there shouldn't be a lot left

so if your not playing tordement list either down grade him to a normal rune lord or take a dwarf lord infantry list instead

I mean I once played a semi competaitve dwarf list that looked like this
Dwarf lord, GW, shield beares
BSB with defence runes
rune smith
25 warriors full comand
15 longbeards full command and stoiesem
10 thunders
10 quarrlers
2xbolt throwers with runes
16 hammers
organ gun
gyro

Minigiant
25-10-2009, 10:02
When i could end up playing dual hydras there is no problem playing with thorek

Minigiant
25-10-2009, 14:45
Any Constructive criticism?

Sorry about the double post

the iron king
25-10-2009, 17:09
i like the list very much(i play dwarfs too).
anyway,thorak is a great runelord and he is very helpful and useful.
but,i think that the thunderers need shields too.you have another 10 points,so you can give to one unit shields.you can drop the champion of the warriors or one warrior and give the second unit shields too,wich i find that as a great thing...

Dragon Prince of Caledor
25-10-2009, 18:41
you do relices thorck ironbrow is consdered to be in the top 5 most broken special caracters, and so for a 'friendly' might be a bit over the top, considering the fact he makes 3 units move at 1/2 movement and take D6 S4 hits, which means that when march blocked most infantry only move 2-2.5 in which will never get in to combat, so having your 3 most expensive unit stoped from getting in to combat. then when you do get in to range then the dwarfs can charge you and that point there shouldn't be a lot left

so if your not playing tordement list either down grade him to a normal rune lord or take a dwarf lord infantry list instead

I mean I once played a semi competaitve dwarf list that looked like this
Dwarf lord, GW, shield beares
BSB with defence runes
rune smith
25 warriors full comand
15 longbeards full command and stoiesem
10 thunders
10 quarrlers
2xbolt throwers with runes
16 hammers
organ gun
gyro

Note that the ancient power makes 3 units move slow and take 2D6 hits :rolleyes:

Dragon Prince of Caledor
25-10-2009, 18:43
Mini tournament in my area would like to win to keep up my domination of this event, everyone is expecting either my Wood elves or Empire but as my current force is still under construction i thought i would dust off my dwarfs what do you think?

Thorek Ironbrow 505pts

Runesmith 132
shield
2 runes of spellbreaking

Thane 136pts
shield
great weapon
Master rune of kragg the grim
Rune of cleaving
Rune of fury

10 Thunderers 140pts

10 Thunderers 140pts

20 Warriors 205pts
Full command
shields

20 Warriors 205pts
Full command
shields

20 Hammerers 290pts
Full command
shields

Organ Gun 120pts

Organ Gun 120pts

=1993pts

Could try to get a unit of like 15 uber longbeards with shields and great weapons. Then they can either live or go insane in combat. Use them as either an anvil or a hammer. That would give you two hammers and two anvils. They are the same as hammerers that way minus that they are immune to panic and aren't stubborn but still awesome. Thorek and two organ guns is kinda mean but people take a lot worse combinations so i wouldn't fret about it .

Minigiant
25-10-2009, 18:59
people take a lot worse combinations so i wouldn't fret about it

Worse Dwarf combinations please elaborate?

Dragon Prince of Caledor
26-10-2009, 00:12
lol I meant worse combinations for other armies i.e. dirty as h@ll. But I can think of some really lame lists like gunlines a pair of organ guns i dont know I havent played with my stunties in eons.
Atleast his list is about warhammer for the most part and not war magic phase/ war gun line like some people. :)

Minigiant
26-10-2009, 08:45
Ahh ok makes more sense now

I enjoyed my games with it last night realy fun went 2-1 only loosing to a vampire count army

If i was to make this list evn more competitive how would i go about it?