PDA

View Full Version : 1500 points of Fast slaanesh needs work

athamas
21-01-2006, 17:27
Ok the aim of this army is to hit the enemy first, and to kiil as much as possible on the charge and break through,so here is the list, WIP, i have all this,

The Swords of Chaos

Exalted Champion of Slaanesh
Mark of Slaanesh [MoS]
Great weapon
Enchanted Shield
Gase of the Gods
Steed of Slaanesh

Sorcerer of Slaanesh
Level 2
MoS
Barded Chaos steed
Power Familiar

Sorcerer of Slaanesh
Level 2
MoS
Barded Chaos steed
Dispel Scroll
Scepter of domination

5 Chosen knights of Slaanesh
MoS
Full Command

5 Knights of Slaanesh
MoS
Full comand
Rapturous Standard

now with the remaining points i was thinking 2 5 strong units of Marauder horsemen with spear and shield, and 2 units of warhounds.. tanking me up to 1500, but, any ideas.. i dont want any foot troops or anything with a movement below 6, [beasts are a vialbe choice] mounted deamonets are an option, however they are very fragile and prone to dieing to ratling guns, that i know i will be facing [opponants will be WE, Dwarves and Skaven, possibly with some Bretonians and cult of slaanesh thrown in so a real mix]

the list will be expanded up to 2000 with another 5 strong unit of knights, and the champion will become a buz saw... but then i will need other fast stuff to increase that up aswell, so any other ideas...

Neknoh
21-01-2006, 18:52
So... you know you will be facing Ratling Guns and leave your costliest character outside of units with him having the biggest base size in the army... right.

Also, what to add should probably be 2 units of Hounds, 1 unit of Marauder Horsemen with Flails and Musician as well as 1 unit of Mounted Daemonettes.

If your Mounted Daemonettes can get to the flank of a Skaven unit, that units Ld is down to 5 or 6, then, the Daemonettes strikes a few blows, as long as they kill 1 more Skaven than the skaven kills of them, they win combat by 1, so, that's Ld 4 or 5 for the Break test, now, add in the Aura of Slaanesh and those rats are testing on Ld 3 or 4, or even lower if you killed a few of them.

Use both of your Hound units to screen your Chosen Knights, a single round of Jezzial fire can eviscerate them and the sorceror hiding in the unit, handing your opponent arround 500 VP's... for a SINGLE unit!

Try it out, but be prepared to take some heavy losses aggainst skaven