PDA

View Full Version : need vampire theme help

yashamaru38
25-10-2009, 23:54
so i wanna make a vampire army at 2000 pts and theme it. my theme is the vampire lord and his 3 wives kinda like in Van Helsing. I want all three of the wives to do different things. one support, one flank with beasts and one i dont know yet. maybe she'll be his Trophy wife(BSB) but i dont know how to go about making a great list for this can anyone help me?

Lord Dan
26-10-2009, 00:02
Sounds like fun. Try giving each of them their own "personality":

The Bloodthirsty/ Feral/ Fighty one. Give her weapons/ bloodline powers that reflect her combat ability. Downplay casting.

The Seductive/ Ladylike/ Charming one. This one should be obvious, but I'd recommend sticking to the "courtly" bloodline powers.

The Reserved/ Quiet/ Scholarly one. Go with the casting abilities in favor of fighting.

It's stereotypical, I know. Hope this helps.

zeekill
26-10-2009, 02:26
And if you ever need one,

the 4th wife, she disappeared 2 years ago and no one knows what happened to her - a Wight Queen (Wight King)

Paraelix
26-10-2009, 02:40
And if you ever need one,

the 4th wife, she disappeared 2 years ago and no one knows what happened to her - a Wight Queen (Wight King)

Or became a Varghulf.

yashamaru38
26-10-2009, 03:18
Sounds like fun. Try giving each of them their own "personality":

The Bloodthirsty/ Feral/ Fighty one. Give her weapons/ bloodline powers that reflect her combat ability. Downplay casting.

The Seductive/ Ladylike/ Charming one. This one should be obvious, but I'd recommend sticking to the "courtly" bloodline powers.

The Reserved/ Quiet/ Scholarly one. Go with the casting abilities in favor of fighting.

It's stereotypical, I know. Hope this helps.

I like that idea. but what bloodline powers and equipment should i give them? also how should i kit out the lord? im kinda new to vamps.

LanceSaba
26-10-2009, 04:08
well the quite one can have
the rod of flaming death on a steed with one of the master powers and dark acolyte

the fighty one can have
avatar of death and infinite hatred with blood drinker

the seductress can have
walking death and be the BSB with the book of arkhan

they should all be close to the same point value of under 200

Paraelix
26-10-2009, 04:17
Just be aware that 600pts worth of Heroes will likely join about 400pts worth of Lord... Taking up half your army :P

yashamaru38
26-10-2009, 04:30
im fine with that. im just doin this for an upcoming halloween game coming up and want it to be fluffy. how should the lord be kitted out. like i said i want it to be like a count and his three brides. should he be magic, fighty or courtly. this guy is the one i want to be making the army great.

LanceSaba
26-10-2009, 04:53
my personal fave is

lord
red fury, beguile, infinite hatred
blood drinker, flayed hauberk, the gem of blood

this guy will not die unless ur are vary unlucky
with re roll hits and wound and if you wound you heal yourself and you get to make another attack
this is a troop muncher

a caster lord will be

lord
extra lvl
dark acolyte, forbidden lore, flying horror
armour of night, wrist bands of black gold, and helm of commandment

this guy is un shootable with sick magic (i like the lore of death) and can fly away from combat just make sure to protect him in the magic phase

Lord Dan
26-10-2009, 15:39
I'm not a fan of the gem of blood. 1 in 6 games you're taking 2 wounds instead of none, and with no ward save there's no way to prevent that. Also if that lord is kitted to be a troop muncher beguile is sort of unnecessary- it only works on one model per phase, and ideally you'll be plowing through many, many, many models a phase.

RealEvilGenius
26-10-2009, 17:01
I'm not a fan of taking a supreme fighty lord if your fluff behind him is that he is supposed to be Dracula like. The current Warhammer fluff has a Count that already resembles what it seems like you are looking for in your own Count; Vlad von Carstein.

Now, I'm not saying to just use Vlad. Quite to the contrary. I'm suggesting that you look to Vlad for inspiration when building your own lord. Looking at Vlad this is what I see.

Vlad has all the courtly powers. He's a decent caster. He has good magic items. He also causes Terror. I think the last part is really fluffy. Terror. If the Count has to come out and finish what his Wives cannot then your enemy should be shaking in their boots. Courtly, Terror, and decent casting. Keeping these in mind I came up with this build:

Vampire Lord. +1 Magic Level.
Walking Death, Beguile, Flying Horror, Avatar of Death
Walach's Bloody Hauberk, Skabscrath, The Cursed Book

3rd Level wizard makes him good at casting, but not focused on it. Two courtly powers lend credit to the fact that he is a Count. Flying Horror took me a little time to finally choose. I feel like you want the Count to be iconic, which a flying vampire is to me. Avatar of Death because any good Count should have a suit of armor that they wear into battle when needed. Skabscrath gives the Count Terror. The stories of the Count and what he has accomplished with that unholy sword strikes fear in the hearts of mortals. The Counts suit of armor was probably once a cherished family heirloom. Walach's Bloody Hauberk is one such relic that is awesome when combined with the shield from Avatar of Death. Finally, The Cursed Book is used by the Count when he finally reaches an enemy that will stand their ground and fight him. Once in combat he will call out a challenge! What mortal shall be brave (or stupid) enough to face the mighty Count?! Of course, the Count is smart and comes with a trick up his sleeve. Should anyone accept his challenge and square off with him, mortal versus Legend, he just uses his prized tome to ensure that he shall be the victor and that he will cut his foe into multiple sections while the opposing unit watches in absolute horror.

Hope this helps,
R.E.G.