PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Pt All Khorne Deamons - Tourny

Jind_Singh
26-10-2009, 05:36
Hey all,
Theres a tournment coming up and the only army close to being fully painted are my Khorne Deamons - I do have painted Horrors/Plauge Bearers, etc, but decided to go mono-God - as I like mono-Khorne!

Bloodthirster - General - Immortal Fury, Obsidian Armour, Spell Breaker - 550pts
Herald of Khorne, Jugger, Firestorm Blade, armor of Khorne, BSB, Std of sundering - 265 pts
Herald of Khorne, Jugger, Firestorm Blade, armor of Khorne - 190 pts
Herald of Khorne, Jugger, Firestorm Blade, armor of Khorne - 190 pts

11 Bloodletters, full command, icon of endless war - 187 pts
6 Furies - 72 pts
6 Furies - 72 pts

5 Fleshounds - 175 pts
5 Fleshounds - 175 pts

2250 EXACTLY
1) Standard of sundering and spell breaker give me a modest magic defence.
2) Firestorm blade not take on the Thirster incase of High Elves/Dwarf opponenets
3) Icons of Endless war - I find the extra D6 on the 1st charge can be devastating - especially if the enemy isn't expecting all 3 core units to have them!
4) 2 Fleshounds - well, they are Fleshounds!
5) 2 Furies - my screen to protect my army from shooting/spells. If they survive the 1st 2 turns they will go warmachine hunting/march blocking, etc.
6) Finally, all 3 Heralds are with a Bloodletter unit each

My remaining model count is:

4 Bloodcrushers (inc command model options if needed)
40 Bloodletters, inc 1 more command group
11 Fleshounds, inc Karanak
Deamon Prince of Khorne

Please no suggestions to add any more deamons from differnent Gods - this is pure Khorne!:D

Thanks all
(Oh, is this list OK - is it a list you'd be willing to play in a normal game of Warhammer?)

Paraelix
26-10-2009, 05:50
I think there's some confusion about whether Daemon banners can be replicated... as the FAQ describes them being treated as Magic Items, not as Daemonic Gifts.

ROCKY
26-10-2009, 06:47
its a nice list but two BIG weaknesses. one is that bloodletters are like glass hammers nice WS and S but poor defenses. other problem is that you gave them all the hell fire sword, which is not that smart (especially if the opponent has flame resistant stuff)

crazywhiteboydance
26-10-2009, 09:12
I think there's some confusion about whether Daemon banners can be replicated... as the FAQ describes them being treated as Magic Items, not as Daemonic Gifts.

I believe you're referring to the caveat that says the banners "act" like magic items but are still daemonic gifts.

So yes you can have multiples, they are daemonic gifts as stated by the paragraph you reference. However, as they act as magic items it means that if your standard bearer or BSB is displaced from the front rank (either by having a front rank of characters or in the case of the BSB being sent to the rear rank in a challenge) then the unit does not benefit from the effect of the icon nor recieve it's combat bonus.

malussavage
26-10-2009, 09:43
I would drop the firestorm blade on at least one herald. Incase u play somethin with fire immunity. also...bloodletters are terrible lol. If you play dark elves their repeater crossbows will see to the bloodletters quicker than u can say "how many shots?". As will high elf spearmen, with ASF of course. And those are 2 things u are very likely to see. I hope u are planning on putting 2 heralds in with the fleshhounds, the combo is fantastic!

I know you want an all Khorne army...but consider that ur bloodletters are gonna have trouble with any army that has shooting of any kind, thats magic as well.

Jind_Singh
26-10-2009, 17:01
Yah, the biggest problem with Bloodletters is that they go down as quick as any other dude out there - sure a 5+ ward save is nice but not enough to prevent mass shooting take them down.
But since they are the only core choice what you going to do?
I have found though that deploying the furies 1 inch apart across my front line helps me for a turn or 2 - as you have to target them with a hefty -2 to shoot (-1 for long range, -1 for skirmishing model).
Do you think I might be better to drop the Bloodthirster all together and then get all 3 core units to 20 strong? I could run something like...

BSB HoK
HoK
HoK

16 Bloodletters, FC, icon
6 Furies
6 Furies

5 Fleshounds
5 Fleshounds
5 Fleshounds

And I'll have about 200pts left over - either grab 5 fleshounds & Karanak, or load up with more Bloodletters, or get Bloodcrushers - I'll have big units and 3-4 Fleshound units but I'll lose my Bloodthrister - the only thing that can really take on opposing monstors, uber killy characters.

ONE THING I have found with my Bloodletters - normally they get ignored for turn 1 & 2 while the enemy concentrates on the hounds & furies. I try to keep the Thirster out of sight for turn 1 as a lucky bolt thrower/cannon can really put a dent in his head!

fubukii
26-10-2009, 18:28
id drop 2 FSB from the heralds. This gives you 50 points to work with drop two furies , giving you 74 pts. drop 1 musician add 2 flesh hounds.

Alternative could try beefing up your letter units. i think if the hounds will be heroless 6 strong is the way to go. as for the blocks if you gonna use them to bunker your herald especially the bsb, his unit needs more men.

Jind_Singh
27-10-2009, 04:57
dammit - played a magic heavy skaven today - I had to make FIVE armour saves for the Thirster (rattling gun) and failed them, then I had to make 5 ward saves, failed them! DEAD!!!
He also cheated in a way (Well I think it's cheating, what do you think?) He cast plauge on a unit, I asked him "What does the spell do?" "Oh make a toughness test or lose models, but you get ward saves"
So this was cast on 9 furies - i think...what the hell, i might lost 3-4 furies, big deal, lets save my TWO dispell die or ONE scroll for something else.
So he kills 4 furies - big deal

"OK so now on a D6 of 5-6 the spell moves to another unit"

Im like WTF! He kills 8 bloodletters from the heralds unit!!!! Cheater! OK after that he rolls a 1 and I killed 10 slaves - but my point is if someone asks me what the spell does I would tell them the ENTIRE description, so they can decide. If I knew how powerful the spell was I would have scrolled it!
But yeah, lost that game as I wasnt counting on losing Thirster so easy, and didnt realise his special character would be so tough! He killed avg 2-3 fleshounds a turn! (Skrolk? He is clan pestlin, has WS6, 5 attacks, some magic weapon were u make toughness test or instantly die!)
V's the Vampire counts I took the above list, with thrister again, and this was close game, a draw/mild win to him - Again the thirster saddened me - he was rear charged by skeleton warriors and got stuck in combat with stupied champion who is raised back every turn!
As for the other units - hounds are always great, but I really felt the pain of having smaller units of bloodletters, im used to taking 16+
I might change around the list to make it so i get 2 bigger units with the 3rd unit as bare bones 10 with no command options. That saves me 57pts to bump up another unit. This way i dont need the 3rd hearald - so another 190 pts.

crazywhiteboydance
27-10-2009, 13:38
[QUOTE=Jind_Singh;4074762]Skrolk? He is clan pestlin, has WS6, 5 attacks, some magic weapon were u make toughness test or instantly die!)QUOTE]

Yeah Skrolk is damn tough but his censer is toughness test or lose a wound with no armour save. Also was he testing for all his guys in base contact with Skrolk as well as Skrolk himself as they're affected to? Each wound he'd have done on his guys would've gone to your combat res.

Jind_Singh
27-10-2009, 17:12
:(he did do the test ech turn but didnt add them to combat res for any side - and he lost about 2 guys in 1 turn which might have tipped the balance!
its ok, it was a fun game overall, I been meaning to play the guy for like a year now, so it was good just to get it on.
I also knew he would take a magic heavy list, hence I went Khorne, as lets be honest - an actual deamon list is pretty solid cheese these days so its nice to go in handicapped!
I am going to try the full 2250 tonight at our fantasy night to see how the boys in red get on.

fubukii
27-10-2009, 23:14
one has to be careful vs vampire counts especially with such a low dispel pool

who else did you play