PDA

View Full Version : Heralds of War.

ROCKY
26-10-2009, 08:26
Hi all About to play some of my friends at the local club and decided that many people complain about greater demons so i decided to use a herald list making it more friendly but still able to duke it out.

14Xblood letters: Banner, Champion: 192pts
20X horrors: standard, changling, banner of change: 337pts
16Xplaguebearers: banner, champ: 216pts

Herald of Nurgle: planiquin, noxious vapors, slime trail, bsb, banner of sundering: 275pts
Herlad of Tzeentch: Flamer, Mos: 165pts
Herald of Khorne: Jugger, Fire blade, and armor: 190pts

5X Flesh hounds of khorne: 175 pts
5X Flesh hounds of khorne: 175 pts

5X Flamers of Tzeentch: 175pts

EXACTLY 2000points

balanced: nice magic, nice shooting, and very good at combat. plus 4 DD and the banner with -2 to magic as well as some magic resistant units.

now if my friends boost it up to 2500

I will add another herald of tzeentch: 165points
5 flamers: 175points
leaving 165 points which i will spend on furies :) and there u have it a nice NON cheese list

Jind_Singh
26-10-2009, 18:10
It's a solid list - not broken by any means, you'll have to concentrate to win, but at the same time it's a level of hardness that your friends will really have to concentrate to win also.
By not taking furies and max number of horror/HoT spam you'll find this list a good one to play with.
Also by not taking the -2 leadership BSB or stubborn option your list isn't super annoying!
For variance in the list though I'd have taken 3 Fiends of Slaanesh for 165 pts over the 2nd unit of hounds - Hounds give you 10 str 5 attacks at WS 5, fiends dish out 12 str 4 attacks with WS 4, but still -2 to armour save, AND 20" charge - thats HUGE! The enemy also has to roll an extra D6 to flee and discards his highest die roll - so Fiends are really amazing too!
Another way to add fun & stength to the list is to drop some flamers and add nurglings - for only 105 pts 3 bases are great! The scout rule really adds an element of fast attack to your play, they dish out a meaty 9 posion attacks, still got the same stat line as humans (WS3, T3, Str 3), but nasty ward save, fear, posion! Great hunters of things in woods (as an Empire player will tell you when I placed the 3 bases in the same wood as his 2 wizards!), or they can chase machines, or flank units (wont break their rank bonus but you get +1 for flanking, and they cause decent amount of kills - especially when this is combined by a frontal charge from fleshounds/fiends)
Go crazy with the list my friend, you'll have fun with this one.

LAST NOTE - if you find that your romping home with a win too easily drop those bloody flamers and add another combat unit like fiends/nurglings, etc

Jind_Singh
26-10-2009, 18:12
PS - I think your 2000pt list is fine - its hard without being classed as cheese. But the 500 pt upgrades will tip the scales to the cheese side, so be carefull how you spend the last 500pts!
If you want non-cheesy then grab a deamon prince and beef up your core units - maybe go with 6 furies in there too - that would be non-cheesy!

Classical Mushroom
26-10-2009, 18:25
Looks like a great list for some fun games :) Overall its a solid list the only real thing i would suggest would be to drop the Changeling and get a unit of 5 Furies. The changeling is a nice little chappy tho anything really worth stat stealing will be off killing your more potent units leaving him with no one worth playing with :cries:

As for the extra 165pts you will have left over at 2500pts i would have to agree with Jind_Singh about 3 Fiends of Slaanesh they are amazing.

Good luck with the army buddy and have fun ;)

ROCKY
28-10-2009, 08:50
Looks like a great list for some fun games :) Overall its a solid list the only real thing i would suggest would be to drop the Changeling and get a unit of 5 Furies. The changeling is a nice little chappy tho anything really worth stat stealing will be off killing your more potent units leaving him with no one worth playing with :cries:

As for the extra 165pts you will have left over at 2500pts i would have to agree with Jind_Singh about 3 Fiends of Slaanesh they are amazing.

Good luck with the army buddy and have fun ;)

thanks bro! i fought high elves and dark elves: i managed to get a draw with the dark elves but did defeat the high elves and to be honest both games were fun plus i like having a relatively big army. so yea needs more focus and some tweaks but it is far from cheese and both opponents loved playing it. :p