PDA

View Full Version : Special Character Greater Daemons

Azazel
21-01-2006, 22:17
Yo! I got Anggrath a while ago. Played a few games with him now. He's quite good fun to use occasionally (although expensive).

Anyone here have any experience (with or against) either of the Greater Daemon Special Characters?

Azazel
22-01-2006, 05:52
roflmfao

I know better than to bump my own threads but damn... Not one reply? Does anyone even know what Im talking about?

Id like to hear from you even if you think theyre complete crap and not worth the money. Anything on these guys...

Anything?

pyramid_head
22-01-2006, 09:35
roflmfao
Anything?

AOL?? :wtf:

Lastie
22-01-2006, 13:06
I haven't played against either of the FW Greater Daemons, but I would be interested to hear their pros and cons (I'm waiting for them to release their mega Lord of Change).

EVIL INC
22-01-2006, 15:37
Too much money to pay for a model. Especially for more times then it would see use. If I used greater daemons more often, I would be tempted to try them out using reguler greater daemons as proxys, but meh.

Latro_
22-01-2006, 15:52
hehe enyone remember DOOMBREED (think thats his name) from 2nd ed chaos codex hehe.

Daedalus81
22-01-2006, 18:34
hehe enyone remember DOOMBREED (think thats his name) from 2nd ed chaos codex hehe.

Yea i've got all the books... :-P

Azazel
23-01-2006, 17:11
AOL?? :wtf:

Spam? :eyebrows:

My experience with Anggrath tells me that he's far better suited to one of those games with at least three people a side. He'd be great for one of those mega battles down a Club or Gamesworkshop.

But even in a 3000 points game the rest of your army looks pretty small (when compared to your opponent).

He plays just like your regular Bloodthirster, only he costs four times as much, and is almost four times as hard.

But me and my housemates found that spending 888 points on Anggrath made the game closer than if I brought the same amount of points on regular entires from the Army List.

Hes awsome. I wouldnt say worth the points. But fun to use occasionally. And the model in the 'flesh' is the meanest thing Ive laid my eyes on. :evilgrin:

Vosk
24-01-2006, 00:06
Hes awsome. I wouldnt say worth the points. But fun to use occasionally. And the model in the 'flesh' is the meanest thing Ive laid my eyes on. :evilgrin:

This is why my long term goal is a Dustwing army, to incorporate the Uber Lord of Change FW will make in two years time. The models alone are inspiring - who cares if they are not points efficient units of 5 Marines with a plasma gun?! It's like a boss battle at the end of a good video game, except you control the ridiculous monster and have to squish the hero (kindly represented by your poor opponent). Still, for 999pts I would hope him to be a bit viscious as well as just pretty.

sea dog
24-01-2006, 08:05
Yo! I got Anggrath a while ago. Played a few games with him now. He's quite good fun to use occasionally (although expensive).

Anyone here have any experience (with or against) either of the Greater Daemon Special Characters?

if you are talking about that FW greater daemon than, yes i had seen it in a one FW greater deamon vs 20 tremie battle . The tremie take 3 wound out of the greater daemon before they getting wipe out .