PDA

View Full Version : 2250 DOC - Slaanesh primary

Whitehorn
27-10-2009, 16:20
This is my first daemon list. I'm looking at doing a predominantly Slaanesh list and am a little restricted by my models, but can proxy to a reasonable extent.

Lord Keeper of Secrets
Siren Song
Level 4

Hero Herald of Slaanesh
level 1
Etherblade

Hero Herald of Slaanesh
level 1
Chariot

Hero Herald of Slaanesh
BSB
Many Armed Monstrocity

Core 15 Daemonettes
Full command

Core 15 Daemonettes
Full command

Core 6 Chaos Furies

Core 6 Chaos Furies

Special 6 Seekers
Alluress
Musician

Special 6 Seekers
Alluress
Musician

Rare 2 Fiends of Slaanesh

Classical Mushroom
27-10-2009, 16:28
Looks good not over the top and not to soft. One thing tho the list is illegal as you only have two core units. Furies dont count towards the minimum of 3

Lord Inquisitor
27-10-2009, 16:31
I don't believe your furies count towards your Core requirements, so you'll need another unit of daemonettes or split your 2 into 3 units of 10.

Overall, a very reasonable list - you'll have fun with this and it shouldn't upset anyone. The only real :cheese: you have is the Siren Song on the Keeper. I would say that your heroes are a little under-defended, they don't have any defensive gifts. At least I would give your Keeper one of the Ld-defence abilities.

I would include at least one of your heralds on a Steed to give the Seekers some umph.

I would be tempted to up the Fiends to 3, just to give a little more staying power (two seems a little low). Fiends are amazing.

A very reasonable list. I would say that this probably isn't doing to dominate the table particularly against shooty armies like Dark Elves you're going to have trouble, but it shouldn't make people start coughing "cheese" they see it either! ;)

Jind_Singh
27-10-2009, 17:16
This is my first daemon list. I'm looking at doing a predominantly Slaanesh list and am a little restricted by my models, but can proxy to a reasonable extent.

Lord Keeper of Secrets
Siren Song
Level 4
any real reason to make him level 4? most slaanesh spells suck egggs so personally I feel level 4 keeper is so-so. I'd rather give him level 1 and the 100pt gift that regains wounds for wounds caused in combat.
Hero Herald of Slaanesh
level 1
Etherblade
needs a steed to be honest!
Hero Herald of Slaanesh
level 1
Chariot

Hero Herald of Slaanesh
BSB
Many Armed Monstrocity
again a steed would be nice
Core 15 Daemonettes
Full command
siren standard needed!
Core 15 Daemonettes
Full command
ditto
Core 6 Chaos Furies

Core 6 Chaos Furies

Special 6 Seekers
Alluress
Musician

Special 6 Seekers
Alluress
Musician
drop 1 from each unit to make them into heralds!
Rare 2 Fiends of Slaanesh

need a unit of 3!

I like the overall concept but you need 3 core units - take a unit of 10 base with no upgrades to act as a flanking unit with 2 combat units.
give the heralds level 1 upgrades
reduce keepers costs by dropping all magic and take his basic free level 1
Some siren standards are needed in this list so at least you can flank charge enemy and they cant flee!

Whitehorn
27-10-2009, 17:24
I think I was reading the Slaanesh Beastmen spells. I need to check them again and review what i was thinking.

I actually bought a 3rd fiend, so that will be updated.

Revising now...

josh4571
27-10-2009, 19:53
Slaneesh Magic sucks... try reading the book.
Combine your BSB by giving her Icon of Despair, with the masque hug the keeper. Shards on a target rolling 3D6 for LD and at -3/5.
Put Torment Blade on Keeper for +1At (2 Hand Weps).
Normally my Keeper runs at around 650ish points then with masque/banner around 900/1k.

And unless i'm missing something you've only got 2 core choices furies don't count.

Personally fast heavy cavalry don't work w/o a keeper/masque/BSB Despair Icon support they just don't do enough damage unless a Herald Etherblade is there.

I'd also trade the Herald on Chariot for Masque and Icon of Despair on BSB, as one chariot wont keep up with seekers moving 20in and 20in keeper.

Einholt
27-10-2009, 19:57
The +1A is still debatable

and the chariot moves 10 and charges 20, it should be fine for keeping up.

blackjack
27-10-2009, 20:04
Combine your BSB by giving her Icon of Despair, with the masque hug the keeper

Do NOT follow this advice. Your list is very reasonable as is, doing what the above poster suggests really makes the list ott.

Lord Inquisitor
27-10-2009, 20:25
Slaneesh Magic sucks... try reading the book.
Slaanesh magic is great, not sure what everyone is on about. Acquiescece is great for drawing out dispel dice (people are afraid of being stupid!) and can win games, particularly in combo with phantasmagoria/icon of dispair/masque. Cacophonic caress is of limited use and I just don't use pavane at all. The other three are amazing. Succour is very useful particularly on the keeper to up the damage inflicted. Slicing shards is potentially murderous, I've inflicted 35 S5 hits on a unit. And Phantasmagoria is usually scrolled, but if you get it off, that's usually game over.

Combine your BSB by giving her Icon of Despair, with the masque hug the keeper. Shards on a target rolling 3D6 for LD and at -3/5.
This is somewhat cookie cutter. It's effective, it's brutal, and people hate it. If you want to win, this is a good idea. Otherwise I'd hesitate (it looks like you are setting out to make a balanced list)

Put Torment Blade on Keeper for +1At (2 Hand Weps).
This is up for debate (it depends on whether it is an additional hand weapon or replaces her hand weapon) and for 5 points it is very, very clear it isn't intended to provide an extra attack, given that +2 attacks is 50 points. Least of all on a Keeper! This is something to only bring out at tournaments and even then you need to check with the TO or you are liable to be hit for sportsmanship on this.

Normally my Keeper runs at around 650ish points then with masque/banner around 900/1k.
Sounds like you run a very similar list to me...

Personally fast heavy cavalry don't work w/o a keeper/masque/BSB Despair Icon support they just don't do enough damage unless a Herald Etherblade is there.
Depends what you are facing. If its Warriors of Chaos, then yeah, they don't do enough damage, but usually they're not bad as you can control where and when they hit. Now the Siren Standard is AWESOME on these guys as it prevents fleeing or standing and shooting.

Whitehorn
27-10-2009, 23:56
1st revision. Hope to play this next week!

Keeper of Secrets
Siren Song
Level 3

Herald of Slaanesh
level 1
Etherblade
Steed of Slaanesh

The Masque

Herald of Slaanesh
BSB
Steed of Slaanesh
Icon of Despair

15 Daemonettes
Full command
Siren Standard

15 Daemonettes
Full command
Siren Standard

10 Daemonettes

6 Chaos Furies

6 Chaos Furies

5 Seekers
Alluress
Musician

5 Seekers
Alluress
Musician

3 Fiends

Lord Inquisitor
28-10-2009, 03:59
Well, you're moving away from "hey, that's a cool, not overpowered list great for casual gaming" towards "nasty Ld bomb list". It really depends on what you want to play.

Anyway, you're almost at a carbon copy of my tournament list, which looks like this:

Keeper of Secrets (650)
Allure of Slaanesh
Soul Hunger
Siren Song
Torment Blade
Level 4 wizard

The Masque (90)

Herald of Slaanesh (245)
Allure of Slaanesh
Torment Blade
Mount of Slaanesh
Battle Standard Bearer
Great Icon of Despair

Herald of Slaanesh (190)
Etherblade
Level 1 wizard

14 Daemonettes (198)
Full Command

15 Daemonettes (198)
Standard & Musician

10 Daemonettes (126)
Musician

6 Seekers of Slaanesh (199)
Full Command
Siren Standard

7 Seekers of Slaanesh (186)
Standard & Musician

3 Fiends of Slaanesh (165)

Grand total: 2247

The only real difference is that I prefer the Siren Standard on the Seekers (much more useful there) and the heroes have a smattering of the Ld-related gifts to take advantage of the Ld-bomb synergy - and of course I have no furies (which aren't that amazing in this list as virtually everything moves 20" anyway!). In particular you really need defensive capabilities on your BSB because she (along with the Masque) will be public enemy number 1 for any enemy that knows what a Ld-bomb can do, and she will need some protection!

Note that this is my tournament list. I do not take this list in "friendly" games. People do not like playing against the Ld-bomb. At the very least the Masque is completely broken for her points cost, you may wish to consider dropping her for a normal herald. The Ld-bomb still works without the Masque using only (!) the icon of dispair and it will make your list seem much less obnoxious.

Einholt
28-10-2009, 04:24
Guys I am no advocate of DoC power gaming, but I hope you realize that there are some things an all Slanesh force simply cannot beat in combat, that's the point of the Ld modifier's in the list.

Slaanesh outside of Keeper cannot scratch heavy armor high toughness. If he want's to compete he has to have the tools to deal with common things, the LD bomb is fragile and needs tactics, there is nothing wrong with an element of the army that requires thought.

I would consider his fun too, rather then discouraging the guy from having a viable AND themed list.

Big difference between setting up LD bubble and using it, over running into things with a BT, fleshound, spamming flicker fire, and rolling dice with flamers.

Whitehorn
28-10-2009, 09:46
Ah, the politics of cheese and w(h)ine.

I haven't stated whether this is for a tournament yet, but I have never used Daemons before, so powerful or not, it will be a learning experience. I heed the warnings though and I know I am playing a goblin-heavy force. The Ld breaking will be powerful, but then I'll be facing a lot of shooting which will take advantage of my own vulnerabilities.

I am happy to pull my punches if I know I'm facing a weak army or opponent, but as I have said, this will be my first time fielding daemons, so I have had no experience deploying the supposed bombs in the list yet.

josh4571
28-10-2009, 11:54
Slaanesh magic is great, not sure what everyone is on about. Acquiescece is great for drawing out dispel dice (people are afraid of being stupid!) and can win games, particularly in combo with phantasmagoria/icon of dispair/masque. Cacophonic caress is of limited use and I just don't use pavane at all. The other three are amazing. Succour is very useful particularly on the keeper to up the damage inflicted. Slicing shards is potentially murderous, I've inflicted 35 S5 hits on a unit. And Phantasmagoria is usually scrolled, but if you get it off, that's usually game over.

I was being sarcastic :) seen as I do infact play a Slaneshi LDBomb list at 2k.

Lord Inquisitor
29-10-2009, 17:43
Big difference between setting up LD bubble and using it, over running into things with a BT, fleshound, spamming flicker fire, and rolling dice with flamers.
Oh I agree, and I think that a lot of skill is required to use a Ld-bomb effectively, even with the Masque and all the toys, particularly in a mono-slaanesh. The synergy is extremely powerful, but you need to get all of the elements of the army in the right places and overlapping their areas of effect, which does take some skill, even with the ungodly speed of the Slaaneshi troops. Coupled with the fact that Slaaneshi troops have defined weaknesses, it does give the list some distinct weak points.

Still, people hate it nonetheless.

I heed the warnings though and I know I am playing a goblin-heavy force.
Oh god. This is going to be brutal. Still, if he has enough fanatics he might at least keep you at bay for a few turns.

I was being sarcastic :) seen as I do infact play a Slaneshi LDBomb list at 2k.
Yeah, that occurred to me after I posted. The comment was more directed at Jind.

popisdead
29-10-2009, 23:12
Not sure you have enough core, and I'd recommend the Masque. Also the chariot is OK,.. not great though.

Areku
30-10-2009, 02:57
Agreed with Popisdead. I'd drop the chariot, not really worth it if it's alone. Either put that herald in a foot unit or give it a steed and toss it in with a faster unit.

Question for future lists: Would it be worth dropping one of the units of Seekers for 4 fiends. The Fiends come out to roughly 11 points more than a unit of 6 seekers with full command. Considering you could toss the herald in either unit, which would be more point effective?

Whitehorn
30-10-2009, 17:02
I changed the list before you posted - no chariot and fixed core.

Just built my furies - ordered some harpy wings and attached them to Daemonettes.

Areku
30-10-2009, 19:01
Ah, my mistake!

Those furies sound like they'd look awesome. I may have to steal that idea from you in the future (I haven't modeled any furies yet).

Do you find Seekers to be more effective than Fiends?

Whitehorn
31-10-2009, 01:15
I testing this list on Wednesday, not used them yet :)

Whitehorn
04-11-2009, 13:02
Those furies sound like they'd look awesome. I may have to steal that idea from you in the future (I haven't modeled any furies yet).

Got a few finished. i went for all bald heads to keep a harpy-like theme:

http://fulgrim.com/minis/doc/slaanesh_furies.jpg

Lord Inquisitor
04-11-2009, 13:49
Do you find Seekers to be more effective than Fiends?

Both are great and work best in conjunction with one-another. Point for point, fiends look better - for the cost of slightly more than two mounted daemonettes you have a fiend with one more wound, no steed attacks but stronger and tougher. That said, the Seekers have fast cav for them making them extraordinarily maneuverable, have poisoned steed attacks, can take command groups, the siren standard and put a herald in there and they get ASF.

So I'd say they're pretty even, the Fiends definitely have the edge in terms of raw power, but you can be more subtle with the Seekers.

Oh and those furies look great Whitehorn. I've done something similar with harpies and gargoyle wings but I like the way the new daemonettes look with wings. My army is made using only the old diaznettes but perhaps that'll make the new plastics look great as furies.

Whitehorn
05-11-2009, 22:08
Well. The game went a little too well. Being an ex-Greenskin player I know how bad animosity and Ld can be, but...

His general was Ld8. He took no horn and his entire army, bar 2 giants, was goblins.

He had 1 model on the board at the end of game. I lost 5 furies and 15 daemonettes. Pretty tough game for him, though he had some dreadful dice rolls!

I never managed to use my Siren Song. The Keeper charged and ate a unit of Squig hoppers, 20 wolf riders (they fled and got overrun by a flanking unit of seekers) and a giant. The giant managed to squeeze in 2 wounds, though mostly down to me forgetting Allure and Soul hunter (he had 1 wound left after my attacks - I forgot the rerolls).

It was entertaining and I'm glad I didn't take the overkill Icon. The goblins had 80 or so short bows which did worry me, but most of my charges receiving potential missile fire were either Seekers with icons, under 10 inch away, or failing to hurt.

I am a little wary of how this army would handle ITP. I hope to test against Dark Elves, Dwarves and VC soon.

Comical moment for me: My furies charged 5 wolf riders. Drew the combat but he had a musician. My face when I saw they had Ld 2....

jthdotcom
06-11-2009, 08:04
Those furies sound like they'd look awesome. I may have to steal that idea from you in the future (I haven't modeled any furies yet). You do realise you can buy them from workshop? Its cool modelling your own stuff, I do it all the time, its just sometimes GW hide stuff in their website so people think you can't get it. Its amazing how many things people don't realise they can still buy now the mail order section is so big

jthdotcom
06-11-2009, 08:06
You do realise you can buy them from workshop? Its cool modelling your own stuff, I do it all the time, its just sometimes GW hide stuff in their website so people think you can't get it. Its amazing how many things people don't realise they can still buy now the mail order section is so big

Just saw you later post with JPEG, they look awesome, much better than the ones you can buy, and fit with a slaanesh theme, tbh the GW furies look a bit poo and don't look daemon like at all

Whitehorn
06-11-2009, 08:24
the GW furies look a bit poo and don't look daemon like at all

This is why we make our own. As much as we try to erase the official models from our minds, we know they're still there.