PDA

View Full Version : Rare slot: Giant OR Ogres?

No-One
28-10-2009, 07:32
i'm trying to decide what would be a better rare slot for my O&Gs should i take my 3 trolls and a giant, or trolls, and some Ogres? i've heard many good things about leadbelchers, and even more about Maneaters, but i've also heard good things about having a giant.

so... opinions?

Toads77
28-10-2009, 08:21
Giant is a very good choice, he lets you handle big nasty monsters like hydras rather effectively. I'm not a big fan of mercenaries, that just seem silly to me. Leadbelchers just add more shooting, its fairly decent shooting but that's what spear chukkas, stone throwers, doom divers and fanatics (somewhat) are for.

Condottiere
28-10-2009, 09:39
It depends on who're you're facing, but the Giant is a good all around choice, as well as a missile magnet for missiles that might be aimed at some other forces that you might like to remain unmolested.

Hrokka `Eadsplitter
28-10-2009, 17:34
I've used both Giants and Ogres in my waaaagh!, and I have to say that the Giant get my vote:)

No-One
28-10-2009, 18:03
what would you guys think about dropping trolls? going a giant and some leadbelchers/maneaters?

Commissar JVE
29-10-2009, 00:24
What about Iron Guts??? Stats (S6/T4/W3/A3) Great Weapons!!! 12" charge!!! Cause Fear!!!! Total on the charge A13at S6 WOW!!!!! The Giant is a good choice also but so unpredictable!!! :cool: Just my opinion - but then again im Pro Ogre Kingdom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jericho
29-10-2009, 01:38
Well Giants are the same speed, hit a bit weaker, but are T5 terror-causers with Stubborn on Ld10 backing them up. Giants aren't there for toughness, but they provide a bit of a wild card factor that makes them dangerous enough to attract a lot of attention in the early stages of a game. That takes a ton of pressure off of cavalry and the other important units in the O&G army, where I can't really see Ironguts doing anything super special for the army.