PDA

View Full Version : How do you use Deamon Prince ?

GWItheUltimate
29-10-2009, 00:14
Hey guys,

I often think that a Deamon Prince might be overpriced, but I'm sure I just miss something. Do you guys use it often ? How do you use him ?

I guess making him lvl 4 mage is a bad choice, as you can have an almighty sorcerer for less pts... but making him like lvl 1 or lvl 2 mage can be interesting...

Also, some gifts are cool, but the fact that you can't increase his killing power in CC makes me feel sad... :cries:

So what about you ?!? :confused:

GWItheUltimate
29-10-2009, 01:23
A good exemple of a Deamon Prince that can clear a flank by himself...

Deamon Prince
Mark of Tzeentch
Mage Level 1
Bloodcurling Roar
Stream of Corruption
395 pts

Godgolden
29-10-2009, 01:32
the temptation to comment on how crap he is/how i could make him a billion times better is.. irresistble.. almost.

that prince has a one shot template, a decent 'shooting' attack and a lvl 1 spell.

for 395 pts

just.. cant justify it.. nope.. im trying honest.

Witchblade
29-10-2009, 01:34
Always make it L4. You're paying only 160 points for a L4 wizard. You payed 300 for a flying hero.

Tzeentch with Tendrils is arguably the best build, as it's better at casting Gateway than a regular L4 and the 4+ ward makes it at least somewhat durable.

As for its uses beyond casting, it can take out weak units (e.g. war machines, fast cavalry, scouts) that pester your immobile main force. That's about it really... With a BSB nearby it can hold up most units that don't hit too hard.

pointyteeth
29-10-2009, 19:28
At the moment, I'm running this:

Daemon Prince
Lvl 4
Mark of Nurgle
Mantle of Chaos

He's been working fairly well so far :) Just keep him out of the line of sight of the S7+ warmachines and he's very well defended against shooting, and with 4 nurgle spells and the ability to fly he can get where he needs to be to deliver them.

Mullitron
29-10-2009, 20:46
Yeah either the tzeentch or nurgle suggestions, terror bomb may also be a potential with doom banner and diabolic splendor. If undiivided you have access to some other intersting combos, with fire for example you prince suddenly can put out 6 strength 8 hits that hit on two's. Got to be quite lucky to roll spell and get it off at right moment but if your prince suddenly charges in and finisheds off a hydra or dragon it can turn a game and be quite a fun suprise. Personaly i like:

Mark of tzeentch
level 4 wizard
tendrils of tzeentch
fury of the bloodgod

Over 550 point so hardly cheap but looks great and can be lots of fun, i would suggest tho paining it in neutral colors then trying different marks and lores out.

GWItheUltimate
29-10-2009, 22:31
Yeah the Sword of Fire is an amazing spell on DP.

But steal soul from the lore of Death is amazing too... You can heal the DP even pass 4W !!! Lord of Death in general is great on a DP.

Level 4 Death Magic
Diabolic Splandour

Mullitron
29-10-2009, 22:49
Doom and darkness does work great with diabolic splendor and walking deaths a nice one to cast on your knights to make them cause terror.

CraftworldsRus
30-10-2009, 17:47
I feel the prince is foolishly crippled by a lack of good gifts and zero magic weapons. I would LOVE a prince with runesword/rune shield. Or even a 50 pt item allowance so I could take the sword. Its also impractical to take a caster prince. The Vampire Counts can throw down something that matches a demon prince in stats and flying, with more access to spells and items, for equal or less points. I don't get it.

Mullitron
31-10-2009, 11:34
I feel the prince is foolishly crippled by a lack of good gifts and zero magic weapons. I would LOVE a prince with runesword/rune shield. Or even a 50 pt item allowance so I could take the sword. Its also impractical to take a caster prince. The Vampire Counts can throw down something that matches a demon prince in stats and flying, with more access to spells and items, for equal or less points. I don't get it.

I wouldnt say a vampire matches the prince exactly, got less wounds and attacks and lower weapon skill. To also be able to fly and cause terror takes over half of its vampire powers points cost. reducing its casting ability not to mention the prince is immune to killing blow and wont make the whole army crumble if shot whilst flying around by itself. Its ward save is also free and doesnt make the prince stupid tho doesnt have access to normal armor.