PDA

View Full Version : The Rats Skitter-Skitter Forwards

Nicha11
29-10-2009, 06:12
Below is a 1000pts army list for Skaven I have been working on.
And helpful advice is much appreciated.
If I have some points wrong please advise me.

Characters

Plague Priest, lv2, Plague Censor, 5 Ward save, Warpstone token
191pts

Warlock, lv1, lv2, storm daemon, warpstone token
145pts

Core

20 Clanrats, shields, full command
110pts

Plague Wind mortar 65pts

20 Night Runners, full command
165pts

Gian rats 1 swarm
30pts

Special

20 Plague Monks, full command
165pts

10 Gutter Runners, 120pts

army total 991pts

Nicha11
29-10-2009, 20:55
I'm pretty new to Skaven so any replies would be much appreciated.

DoomBringer
29-10-2009, 21:12
Considering you are using the new rules, you won't get many takers for advice since a large portion of the warhammer world has not read the codex yet.

Though I have read it and as such might provide some C&C.

I haven't played skaven since 6th edition but their tactics haven't changed much if i remember correctly.

First off I would suggest adding a few units of slaves, the bread and butter of cannon fodder for skaven. I find that without slaves skaven lose what little table control they have.

To incorporate some slaves you might tweak your list to look a bit more like this:

Plague Priest, lv2, Plague Censor, 5 Ward save, Warpstone token
191pts

Warlock, lv2, storm daemon, warpstone token
145pts

Core
20 Clanrats, shields, full command
110pts
Plague Wind mortar 65pts

2x20 Slaves 80pts

Special
20 Plague Monks, full command
165pts

10 Gutter Runners, 120pts

Rare
5-7 Plague Censer Bearers

Pretty much just replace the night runners with slaves and a squad of Plague Censer Bearers.

I think the censer bearers add some good high str attacks, something your list was lacking, and since you are using some monks, they benifit from their leadership.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
29-10-2009, 21:15
A few questions first:
what makes night runners good?
what makes gutter runners good?
If you tell me then I can give you more accurate list advice. For now (this isn't much) you should drop that warpstone token for a power stone. You get an extra powerdice compared to the warpstone and less chance of hurting yourself for five more points:P

bicky43
30-10-2009, 02:44
I think the plague priest should be 196pts and when i read the book i thought rat swarms were 25pts.
Also, not that it matters much its called a poisoned wind mortar not plague wind mortar.

Foegnasher
30-10-2009, 03:51
you need slaves.

also, in low points games, you are going to need to get more drops than your oppoents. why dont you split the nightrunners in two, and use them as flankers/harassing units?

i cant vouch for them in the new book, but 10 night runners should be able to take out handgunners, archers, and cannons fairly quickly, especially with the slinking advance rules....

also, plague censer bearers are specials, you want 6.

Nicha11
30-10-2009, 03:56
Thanks for the advice guys, those replies were very helpful.