PDA

View Full Version : Khorne cavalry rush!!!

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
29-10-2009, 20:29
This army is more about fluff than anything else but I would like a list with some potential to work (mainly to be used in friendlies).

Chaos lord
MoK
Juggernaut
Daemonsword
enchanted shield
favour of the gods

Exalted
BSB
Sword of might
Collar of khorne
MoK
shield
Juggernaut

Exalted
Axe of khorne
MoK
shield
juggernaut

Exalted
rune sword
MoK
shield
juggernaut

5 marauder horsemn
throwing axes
musician

5 marauder horsemen
throwing axes
musician

5 marauder horsemen
throwing axes
musician

5 Knights
champion
MoK (axe of khorne guy goes here)

5 Knights
champion
MoK (Runesword guy goes here)

8 knights
Champion
standard
blasted standard
MoK (Lord&BSB go here)

this list is 2243 points. I don't know if it's any good, frenzy will obviously be a big problem but it is only for friendly games. Thank you for any inputs.

blackjack
29-10-2009, 20:56
QUOTE]Chaos lord
MoK
Juggernaut
Daemonsword
enchanted shield
favour of the gods[/QUOTE]

Daemons sword Lord will average 8-9 attacks a turn for 1.33 ones. his average str of 7 means he will wound himself on a 2+ and fail his 4+ modified save half the time meaning he gives himself .66 wounds per turn of close combat. At that rate he will kill himself in 3 regular turns (assuming 2 phases of close combat per turn). Still he is about the best Daemonsword wielder I have seen.

Is this lord AC 0 or AC -1?

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
29-10-2009, 21:05
he will have a -1+ save. An average of strength 7 will alter this to a 3+ not 4+. If you are going to take a daemon sword this is one of the least riskiest ways of doing it as your save never drops to less than 4+ and thats against strength 8, which I doubt I will get all the time. In addition, if I cause .66 of a wound upon myself every combat (although this is more likely to be .44 wounds) I will probably die after four to five rounds of close combat, plenty of time to get my points back.

popisdead
29-10-2009, 23:10
I'd almost recommend taking one unit of knights and 3 units of armoured up spear/sheild/armour khorne marauder cav, and ranks of them? It can 'kinda' work.

You'd need to protect your flanks and hounds to keep from frenzy baiting. Lists like this never work against balanced armies.

blackjack
31-10-2009, 05:33
Fatty. I've done some heavy math hammer with your lord. I want you to know I am stealing that build! It is very risky but on average can take out enemy lords worth up to 100pts more than he is.

given that a jugger gives 1mr for free not sold on the collar of khorne for your bsb though.

FallenAfh
31-10-2009, 06:09
I've runned the same Chaos Lord build before, in a bunch of hounds(really just for delivering him safely). Also had two Warshrines to give him 2 EoTG rolls to get the 4+Ward Save.

Highlights of his career include getting charged by a Bloodthirster , taking no wounds, and popping him with return attacks+combat res. :evilgrin:
Also another game, where he was charged by Pendant Lord on Dragon (They never larn), surviving the Hydra Sword+Potion of Strength combo, downed the dragon and autobroke the Lord.

Definitely risky and expensive, but so darn killy and fun to use. :D

blackjack
31-10-2009, 06:14
He is not at all bad cost wise for a lord character. heck he is only 10pts more than a dragon and way nastier.