PDA

View Full Version : "Warpstoning" Daemons... ?

Festus
22-01-2006, 16:16
Hi

In the light of TAC's ...erm... misguided attempt to ...erm... clarify the *ethereal* rule, I came across another one.

Do daemons suffer the magical effects of Warpstone shot?

Skaven missiles rules only refer to ethereal creatures, no mention of Daemons is made at all. So, do Daemons lose their Ward if shot by a Jezzail?

Greetings
Festus

MadJackMcJack
22-01-2006, 16:28
Yes. Warpstone weapons are specifically counted as magic weapons (page 10, bottom right).

Ganymede
22-01-2006, 16:32
I am assuming that the german book is not translated very well.

Here's a quote.

"the following skaven weapons contian enough warpstone to count as magical, and so can damage creatures invulnerable to non-magical weapons."

Festus
22-01-2006, 16:40
Hi

Daemons are vulnerable to non-magic weapons, but anyways:

thx guys :)

Greetings
Festus

Lastie
22-01-2006, 17:35
Like poison working on Undead Skeletons, here's another area of WFB where logic slowly shuffles off the stage to be replaced by RAW.

Daemons being vulnerable to warpstone? Hey, fight fire with fire ...

NakedFisherman
22-01-2006, 17:40
Like poison working on Undead Skeletons, here's another area of WFB where logic slowly shuffles off the stage to be replaced by RAW.

Daemons being vulnerable to warpstone? Hey, fight fire with fire ...

Who says poison is all biological?

As for daemons -- warpstone is magical. The ward save they have is magical, hence things from the material realm may do no harm to their immaterialesque form. I don't see the problem.

Crux
22-01-2006, 18:02
Who says poison is all biological?
Exactly. Poison in this case might be a clove of garlic rubbed against your sword, or washing it in holy water.

Ganymede
22-01-2006, 18:30
Hi

Daemons are vulnerable to non-magic weapons, but anyways:

thx guys :)

Greetings
Festus

The second part is merely an example of what weapons that count as magical can do.

Shagrat
23-01-2006, 11:30
So, do Daemons lose their Ward if shot by a Jezzail?

Normal Daemons, yes. They don't have a normal ward save, but only a Daemonic Aura. And Daemonic Aura doesn't work against magical attacks.

In a Daemonic Legions Army, however, the Daemonic Aura becomes a normal Ward Save, and works against magical attacks.
Jezzails? Who cares????:D

Lastie
23-01-2006, 13:43
As for daemons -- warpstone is magical. The ward save they have is magical, hence things from the material realm may do no harm to their immaterialesque form. I don't see the problem.

No problem rules-wise, just one with background fluff. But hey ...