PDA

View Full Version : Rear charge and breaking?

Xzazzarai
30-10-2009, 01:39
I can't find this in the BRB, though I'm sure it's there... somewhere.

Anyway, I'll statuate an example.

A unit of Dark Elf Warriors is fighting againts a unit of Chaos Maruaders. Though, a Unit of 5 Cold One Knights charges the Marauders in the rear, providing enough kills to break the maraduers.

Now, what happens? I what direction do the Marauders flee? What direction would it be if they were flanked and attacked to the front?

Normally, you run straight away from the enemy, and normally you die if you flee in to an enemy unit with US 5 or more. But it seems a bit odd to me if a unit were to auti-die due to having lost a combat beacuse of a rear charge?

So, if the Marauders do not die and just keep running past the CoKs (or what ever happens?) from where do you measure the CoKs persue-distance? They should by all realistic means gain a few inches?

Can someone please help me to sort this mess out.
A reference to the BRB would be awesome as well!
Thanks!

EldarBishop
30-10-2009, 01:57
You flee away from the enemy unit with the highest US.

Units that you are currently engaged with do not count for purposes of running into an enemy US5 or greater (assuming that you manage to out run them).

pg reference forthcoming...

Edit:
Highest US - ref Pg 40, para 1 (Move surviving fleeing troops)
Ignoring engaged units - ref pg 41, last para

Ramius4
30-10-2009, 02:09
Correct Eldar Bishop.

Xzazzarai
30-10-2009, 02:38
Thanks alot!! Makes sense!

Nurgling Chieftain
30-10-2009, 03:11
Also note that, despite getting fled right through, the Cold One Knights get no bonus to their roll to run down the fleeing unit, nor will they auto-destroy the unit if they roll lower but still pursue into its physical position (highly likely!) - instead they have to stop 1" away.

T10
30-10-2009, 09:54
The Cold One Knights will need to roll a pursuit move equal to or higher than the Marauders' flee move in order to destroy them.

Assuming that the Warriors have the higher unit strenght and both the Warriors and the Knights roll lower than the Marauders, this happens:

1. The Marauders make their flee move past the Knights.
2. The Warriors make their pursuit move. They move straight forward as far as possible and stop if they come into contact with the Knights.
3. The Knights make their pursuit move. The unit pivots 180 degrees and move straight forward as far as possible, but no closer to Marauders than 1 inch.

-T10

Xzazzarai
30-10-2009, 11:08
Now that didn't make any sense... But rules are rules...

Thanks!

Nurgling Chieftain
30-10-2009, 16:00
What's the rule on the order in which the pursuers make their pursuit move?

N810
30-10-2009, 16:11
You flee away from the enemy unit with the highest US.

Units that you are currently engaged with do not count for purposes of running into an enemy US5 or greater (assuming that you manage to out run them).

pg reference forthcoming...

Edit:
Highest US - ref Pg 40, para 1 (Move surviving fleeing troops)
Ignoring engaged units - ref pg 41, last para

are not cav us2 each ???
making the CoK us10 ???
causing the fleeing unit to be slain,
in it's attempt to flee though them ?

Nurgling Chieftain
30-10-2009, 16:55
:eyebrows: Read the post you quoted. :p

N810
30-10-2009, 17:29
Doh :(

I was thinkinking they where just behind the unit for some reason...