PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Lizardmen, trying to be more friendly

zeekill
30-10-2009, 03:03
So the last time I posted a list everyone started crying about me having 2 EoTG so i tried to dum it down alittle. Is this new one good or still too cheezy?

Lord

Slann + Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination + Cupped Hands of the Old Ones + Dispel Scroll + Power Stone + BSB - 445

Heroes

Skink Priest + Lvl 2 + Ancient Stegadon + Plaque of Tepok + Dispel Scroll - 430

Core

Saurus Warriors + Spears + Standard x18 - 228

Skink Skirmishers x10 - 70

Special

Temple Guard + Standard + Champion x16 - 284

Rare

Salamander Pack + Handler x2 - 160

Salamander Pack + Handler x1 - 80

Ramius4
30-10-2009, 03:17
So the last time I posted a list everyone started crying about me having 2 EoTG so i tried to dum it down alittle. Is this new one good or still too cheezy?

Whiners I say. You know, it really just depends on your opponents and their attitude towards the game. And of course, your own attitude. If everyone has fun, then use what you want!

I play everything from power lists to very weak ones just to "see if I can win with this"...

2 EotG doesn't give you much more than a couple extra power/ dispel dice and a couple special abilities. You DO pay points for these.

PS. I do like your list, almost forgot to say so. If it were me though I'd add another priest. If you're going to spend 800 points on a magic phase, make sure it works!

Bard Harlock
30-10-2009, 03:24
It's still a pretty strong list. You're pretty hefty on the magic phase. 3 salamanders may annoy some people. If you have the models you could drop one salamander and a standard in a Saurus unit and add 3 terradons with one brave. You'd be less cheesy and honestly, more balanced because you'd have fast cav-flyer-siege weapon destroyers.

Slicktober
30-10-2009, 08:17
3 SALAMANDERS could annoy someone now?
:rolleyes:

A lot of pathetic people seem to play the game these days if Salamanders can masquerade as an "annoying" unit.

Classical Mushroom
30-10-2009, 10:19

A lot of pathetic people seem to play the game these days if Salamanders can masquerade as an "annoying" unit.

Well its not nice when they start spiting on you :cries: but yeah they aren't really game breaking.

Overall looks like a solid list it will properly make a more fun game with only 1 EotG tho 2 doesn't bother me to much. The reason is you have more units to play around with and 3 solid infantry units :)

This list will do well in competitive games while still offering for a very enjoyable game.

Note tho if you want to use 2 EotG's then go for it people can still put up a good fight against it and still have fun, seeing as 1250pts is taken up by 3 models.

Anyway make sure you write up some Battle reps to let us know how your lists do buddy :)

Ramius4
30-10-2009, 13:21

I couldn't agree more. That was a rediculous statement by him.

I feel the same about those who are 'annoyed' by 2 EotG.

EndlessBug
30-10-2009, 15:34
nice list. though I'd drop the handlers and 2nd sallie in the 2 sallie unit tog et 3 Terradons.

Bard Harlock
30-10-2009, 17:35
I couldn't agree more. That was a rediculous statement by him.

I feel the same about those who are 'annoyed' by 2 EotG.

Wow, tough crowd. If you look I said 3 salamanders may annoy some people. I was basing this off of people being annoyed by 2 engines in a 2000 point game. No need to get all huffy about it, gents. I was merely trying to offer up and even more diverse list.

gab-skull trasher
31-10-2009, 02:39
I don't play LM so you can ignore me if you want:)

Lord

Slann + Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination + Cupped Hands of the Old Ones + Dispel Scroll + Power Stone + BSB - 445

Heroes

Skink Priest + Lvl 2 + Ancient Stegadon + Plaque of Tepok + Dispel Scroll - 430

I play an O&G army so i'm not the kind of guy that spends half his points on characters, in your case 2 characters:eyebrows:

Core

I don't really see how my brother in 1,500 pts. has more troops than you, but then again he only has one heroe;). I hate,yes i said it, hate saurus especially in ranks of 6x3 (seems everyone uses them like this nowadays) why because if i don't break them in the first round,God nows how hard this is, i'm bound to die on the next round:D, skinks.....they're annoying little buggers.

Special
Temple Guard + Standard + Champion x16 - 284

I believe i have never fought them before:confused:

Rare

Salamander Pack + Handler x2 - 160

Salamander Pack + Handler x1 - 80

Ohh those bastards how I hate that one wound causes a panic test on my 19 men strong mob

I know I sound negative, I apologize, but i don't think you're list is cheesy nowhere near cheesy in fact. My first time against an EoTGs in 2 turns it was dead ,yes even with the ward save or armour save or whatever it gets. I do think you should a couple of more core units, again i'm an O&G i might be wrong, in my army i always have FC or make sure to have a champ in every unit, i think you should add champs to the saurus

Paraelix
31-10-2009, 08:33
TG unit should be 14 or 20 with a frontage of 6 to maximise combat.