PDA

View Full Version : 1st shot at a 7th ed. skaven army

Foegnasher
30-10-2009, 04:48
ok. first list finalized. until i get my HPA finished

Not hordeing out to bad, but got some guys...

think it will be effective, useing magic to swat heavys, and the ogres and PCBS to wreck my opponents flanks.

need input and thoughts.

grey seer, condenser, foul pendant, dispel scroll
priest, lvl2, censer, item of -1 to your ld.
chieftan, shield, bsb, storm banner

4 x 20 slaves
2 x 24 giant rats, 4 packmasters
5 x 25 clanrats, shields, mu, banner
2 x things-grinder

2 x 6 plague censer bearers
2 x4 rat ogres. 2 packmasters,

8 magic dice (+1 with the condenser)
5 dispel dice, +1 scroll
16 drops.

man i miss my nightrunners....

Malorian
30-10-2009, 13:46
I was wondering what the horde of Foegnasher would look like in the new book :D

I don't know what any of the stuff does but I'm glad to see you still have a lot of units.

I'm sure a lot of skaven players will mis their night runners :(

Nu Fenix
30-10-2009, 20:33
How come 24 strong units of Giant Rats? Is that to ensure they get maximum attacks whilst taking casualties, whilst ensuring they have enough ranks for SiN and support them in combat? As currently they are the biggest units of Giant Rats that I have seen with the new book.

I love the -1Ld item, and think it is an easy one for folks to overlook, so it is pleasing to see it being used by someone else on a Priest. I assume he will be joining one of the PCBs?

Googlenip
30-10-2009, 21:05
Sounds Good, My only worry is that if the rat ogres get killed off, or taken down to half strength, you've not got much of a strong force left. Also, you might run into the classic skaven downfall of having so many units that if one runs/is destroyed quickly, you might get half your army running off aswell! Final worry, this looks like a fairly boring army in that there's not much fun stuff! Doomwheel/Abomination/Globadiers? Might get bored quickly...still only imho!

Googlenip
30-10-2009, 21:07
I'd take out a unit of clanrats, and stick a catapult in...maybe get a scroll in?

fubukii
30-10-2009, 21:15
drop the condenser form the seer, its not even a sure thing you get warped lightning so it may be a worthless item

id drop the rat ogres for some rare choices.

Wargamejunkie
30-10-2009, 21:40
I agree about the condenser. I think a good rare or two might help you out as well.

Looks like a solid horde army.

What would your plan be to handle big monsters ala Blood Thirster?

fubukii
31-10-2009, 01:49
I agree about the condenser. I think a good rare or two might help you out as well.

i think adding to 2 doom wheels would solve that problem

Foegnasher
31-10-2009, 03:53
I was wondering what the horde of Foegnasher would look like in the new book :D

I don't know what any of the stuff does but I'm glad to see you still have a lot of units.

I'm sure a lot of skaven players will mis their night runners :(

thanks, you always were my biggest fan. this is strictly a test run. i want to see what the new wizards do, and how the new rat ogres perform. as well as see if my theory on if static rez + doom flayers = teh roxxorz.

How come 24 strong units of Giant Rats? Is that to ensure they get maximum attacks whilst taking casualties, whilst ensuring they have enough ranks for SiN and support them in combat? As currently they are the biggest units of Giant Rats that I have seen with the new book.

I love the -1Ld item, and think it is an easy one for folks to overlook, so it is pleasing to see it being used by someone else on a Priest. I assume he will be joining one of the PCBs?

same size as i used to run. gets more attacks and still has a good CR going in, for cheaper! fantastic flankers.

Sounds Good, My only worry is that if the rat ogres get killed off, or taken down to half strength, you've not got much of a strong force left. Also, you might run into the classic skaven downfall of having so many units that if one runs/is destroyed quickly, you might get half your army running off aswell! Final worry, this looks like a fairly boring army in that there's not much fun stuff! Doomwheel/Abomination/Globadiers? Might get bored quickly...still only imho!

doomflayers, ogres, pcbs. my kinda fun.

and i used to run a 400+ model, 26 drop army. i think i can mange with this little old thing.

I'd take out a unit of clanrats, and stick a catapult in...maybe get a scroll in?

catapault? no. with so many units, i'd be blocking my own line of sight unless i could get a hill.

drop the condenser form the seer, its not even a sure thing you get warped lightning so it may be a worthless item

id drop the rat ogres for some rare choices.

well, you do get an extra dice on a 5+. just playing around, really. odd you should mention the rat ogres. as soon as my HPA is done, i'll be dropping the ogres and the seer for the warlord, warlock engineer and HPA.

magic. pcbs. ogres. barring that? feed it garbage.

i think adding to 2 doom wheels would solve that problem

i think 1 doom wheel is 1 to many. it's to wild and uncontrolable. which is what you cannot have when you are pushing tons of units around. you go ahead, let me know how that works out for you.

EviIPaladin
31-10-2009, 04:44
Hurrah! At least there will be some who stick around with the good ol' horde build. Like the idea of combining static rez with the Doomflayer sounds like a good combination. Can't wait to hear how it works for you.

-Evii

Foegnasher
31-10-2009, 06:24
Hurrah! At least there will be some who stick around with the good ol' horde build. Like the idea of combining static rez with the Doomflayer sounds like a good combination. Can't wait to hear how it works for you.

-Evii

they may be my favorite new thing in the book.

that, and my giant moulder gribbly i have been lusting after for aeons.

wildkarrde0
31-10-2009, 15:51
I agree doom flayer very amusing I'm plan on try em out too especially if you are using the storm banner as it affects your own shooting too plus the fact it has D3 impact hit will just be funny vs high elves and the asf black guard

scarvet
31-10-2009, 16:36
Lv1 engineer is cheap and very attuned to the condenser.

Nightrunners are nerfed bad, such is the price for being overpower in the most subtle way....."You the other capture 2 table quarters with 50pts of stuff:wtf:"

However, I think spamming units of 10 gaint rats would cover that up:D

They will also be good bite/LOS block for your PCB as well.