PDA

View Full Version : New Skaven 2250

crazywhiteboydance
30-10-2009, 11:21
Okay so here's the list I've played with already. With this one I wanted to make an army as much like my old Hell Pit army as I could:

Throt the Unclean:

Warlock Engineer:
Level 2, doomrocket, warp power accumulator

Warlock Engineer:
Level 2, dispell scroll, dispell scroll

Cheiftan:
bsb, storm banner

Giant Rat Pack:
24x Rats, 4 Packmasters one upgraded to Master Moulder with Great Weapon

Giant Rat Pack:
30x Rats, 5 Packmasters one upgraded to Skweel Gnawtooth

4x Rat Ogres:
Master bred rat ogre, 2x packmasters one upgraded to Master Moulder with Great Weapon

4x Rat Ogres:
Master bred rat ogre, 2x packmasters one upgraded to Master Moulder with Great Weapon

2x Rat Ogres:
1x Pack Master upgraded to Master Moulder with Great Weapon

3x Rat Swarms:

20x Slaves:
Musician

20x Slaves:
Musician

Hellpit Abomination:
Warpstone Spikes

Hellpit Abomination:
Warpstone Spikes

This list worked really well, you can view the highlights here: http://underempire.net/index.php?showtopic=30199

My other list will be more for pickup games:

Vermin Lord

Plague Priest:
Level 2, Flail, Warpscroll, Talisman of Protection

Warlock:
Level 2, Warp Energy Condenser, Doomrocket

Chieftan:
Bsb, Stormbanner, Shield, Great Weapon

25x Clanrats:
Full Command, Shields, Warpfire Thrower

30x Clanrats:
Full Command, Spears, Shields, Warpfire Thrower

20x Slaves:
Musician

29x Plague Monks:
Full Command, Plague Banner

8x Plague Censer Bearers:
Chantor

Doomwheel

Hell Pit Abomination:
Warpstone Spikes

As yet I've not tested this list.

Nu Fenix
30-10-2009, 19:43
Wow! Those are some beefy sized units of Giant Rats! What made you decide on Skweel joining them and not Rat Ogres, just out of interest? As the mutations seem like they would make rat Ogres even more devastating, no matter which one is rolled - Although Regen has to be my most longed for result.

Is the unt of 2 Rat Ogres simply because points got tight? Or to act as a small harrassing force due to having a thinner frontage?

What made you pick Great Weapons for your Master Moulders? I figured hiding them at the back to avoid damage would be the safer option, and so anything other than whip would seem excessive.

For your second list, PLEASE tell me how the Vermin Lord does! Whilst he doesn't fit the idea I have for my current Skaven army, he is something I am tempted to try, supported by Rat Ogres and a pair of Hellpit Abominations, for a Skaven Godzilla list, or as close as we can get.

Do you think that the Stormbanner will be an expected magic item in most Skaven armies?

crazywhiteboydance
31-10-2009, 09:19
Wow! Those are some beefy sized units of Giant Rats! What made you decide on Skweel joining them and not Rat Ogres, just out of interest? As the mutations seem like they would make rat Ogres even more devastating, no matter which one is rolled - Although Regen has to be my most longed for result.

Is the unt of 2 Rat Ogres simply because points got tight? Or to act as a small harrassing force due to having a thinner frontage?

What made you pick Great Weapons for your Master Moulders? I figured hiding them at the back to avoid damage would be the safer option, and so anything other than whip would seem excessive.

For your second list, PLEASE tell me how the Vermin Lord does! Whilst he doesn't fit the idea I have for my current Skaven army, he is something I am tempted to try, supported by Rat Ogres and a pair of Hellpit Abominations, for a Skaven Godzilla list, or as close as we can get.

Do you think that the Stormbanner will be an expected magic item in most Skaven armies?

1) I think skweel is better suited to a large giant rat pack as it's harder for him to be hit by enemy shooting & any of his abilities increase the damage potential of the unit. Whereas if you were to include him in a Rat Ogre pack he's hit easier, due to the limited number of packmasters, & the average roll will result in him giving the unit poisoned attacks which, in my opinion, is much of a boost for the Rat Ogres.

2) Not had much trouble with the Master Moulders having great weapons as my opponents have been more interested in doing damage to the unit only to get a suprise from the following s6 attacks, nothing to be sniffed at for an additional 4 pts!

3) Skavenzilla list is best at 3k, take my moulder list add a vermin lord & 3rd abomination & you're away!

4) Storm Banner will make a lot of appearences but it runs out very easily :cries: Luckily that's where Howling Warpgale comes in.

5) NEVER leave home without a Doom Rocket!

Dr. Acula
31-10-2009, 13:05
4) Storm Banner will make a lot of appearences but it runs out very easily :cries: Luckily that's where Howling Warpgale comes in.

Until an errata appears it doesn't run out easily. The Storm Banner isn't a one use only item in the new book so if it runs out you can just reactivate it and you're laughing.

crazywhiteboydance
02-11-2009, 08:10
I think common sense should prevail here, it's quite obvious that the Storm Banner is supposed to be one use only, as it always has. Why would be made cheaper & have it's drawback increased if you can constantly reactivate it. The wording on it's rule makes it quite clear.

Anyone playing it that way must remember to buy the 2000pt friends upgrade for being a douche!

ExxonValdez
03-11-2009, 10:20
How many points are rat swarms now?

crazywhiteboydance
03-11-2009, 15:23
They're the same cost as the Bands of Power. Sorry being cryptic but I don't want to feel the wrath of the Mods.