PDA

View Full Version : Best tactic versus cavalry

Skink
31-10-2009, 15:35
I need help i am using a dark elf army and am fighting a empire cavalry force with there fancy armour saves, its not looking good. I need some tactics advice on what i should do. I am hoping that my sorceress can help my main chunk of units with some magic. However i could change that and get a close combat hero.

Amlesh
31-10-2009, 16:19
Use reaper bolt throwers with multiple shots if their front is to you. The armor piercing takes them down to a 3+. If you manage to shoot them in the flank, use the single bolt and hope you don't roll a 1.

Also, ASF Black Guard.

Skink
31-10-2009, 19:04
Thanks loads :D

mistrmoon
31-10-2009, 22:36
ASF executioners are win against knights.

Witchblade
31-10-2009, 22:53
Heavy magic with Lore of Metal should obliterate knights.

In general, you can march block and redirect knights using harpies and dark riders. Shades are capable of beating knights in the flank and an assassin with +d3A and KB is effective as well.

Of course, the usual stuff also works. BG, dreadlord, dragon, hydras, RBTs... Cold ones should win on the charge, which you should be able to get using your redirectors.

Skink
01-11-2009, 07:42
Thanks for the tips :D

DrinkArizona
08-11-2009, 16:09
Stacking lots 'o crossbows works. I believe your crossbows are armour piercing. While it wouldn't work much against the one up knights, the lighter stuff will have some trouble.

vinny t
08-11-2009, 16:16
-Metal Magic
-RBTs
-ASF Executioners especially with a Cauldren
-Static Res/Stubborn units

warhawk95
08-11-2009, 16:23
You have a couple tactics to use, you can bait with DR and then flank them with a chariot or CoK. Dragons can easily wreck knights. Magic is good especially lore of metal. Mass of crossbow shots will be taking down some knights eventually. If you can get him to charge your BG w/ ASF banner then your set. your best bets are proably mass shooting of RxB and RBTs along with some magic.