PDA

View Full Version : First Attempts at WoC

Nagash333
01-11-2009, 20:02
These are my first attemtps at a couple of WoC lists. First list is the more preferable one with the second satisfying my want for an army full of monsters!

Many thanks in advance for comments (neither list intended as overly competetive)

List 1

Chaos Lord, barded steed, shield, Axe of Khorne, Collar of Khorne, Favour of the Gods, Mark of Tzeentch
(decent in challeneges, provides some cheap magic resistance also)

Exalted Hero, BSB, Mark of Khorne, Enchanted Shield, Sword of Might
(some extra killing power with BSB bonus)

Chaos Sorceror, level 2, Fury of the Blood God, Conjoined Homunculus, Mark of Tzeentch
(little bit of magic with cheap magic resistance again)

15 Chaos Warriors, shields, command, Mark of Nurgle
(led by BSB, should prove reasonably difficult to shift)

14 Chaos Warriors, command, shields
(led by sorceror)

20 Marauders, light armour, shields, command

5 Hounds

5 Hounds

5 Hounds

5 Hounds

Chaos Chariot

5 Chaos Knights, Mark of Khorne

5 Chaos Knights, Mark of Tzeentch, standard, Blasted Standard (led by Lord, mr2, 4+ ward save vs. missiles)

Chaos Spawn (got to love how useful these things are!)

Chaos Spawn

Total = 2250pts

List 2

Sorceror Lord, level 4, Chaos Dragon, Diabolic Spledour, Stream of Corruption, Mark of Tzeentch, Collar of Khorne
(good magic resitstance, 2 breath weapons, and -1 for terror tests)

5 Marauder Horsemen, flails, musician

5 Marauder Horsemen, flails, musician

5 Marauder Horsemen, shields, musician

5 Hounds

5 Hounds

5 Hounds

(all core for taking out war machines and ranks)

3 Dragon Ogres, great weapons
(one of my favourite units, brilliant anti - knights)

3 Dragon Ogres, additional hand weapons

4 Ogres, Mark of Khorne, Chaos Armour, Great Weapons
(should hit very hard along with Dragon Ogres)

Shaggoth, great weapon
(probably my favourite model)

Chaos Giant
(1 of three terror causing big monsters)

Paraelix
02-11-2009, 00:11
Fury of the Blood God prevents you taking magic items. Single Lvl2 will struggle to get spells off at this point size. Foot warrior units are stupid sizes. Mark marauders? Too many hounds. I doubt the usefulness of Spawn.

Second list. Too many points spent on daemonic gifts- you've exceded the 50pt max I think. Marks on cav? If you want a monster force- use Throgg with Core Trolls or take Kholek. SImilarly- unsupported Lvl4 can only do so much magic wise.

doddy84
02-11-2009, 00:57
i like them trogg would be good in the second list all trolls, ogres, dragon ogres, warhounds, n monster get his LD as if he was the general and can re roll if they are in 12 off him

Gwelandor
02-11-2009, 11:26
not liking the secound list. too many ogre types for me. besides theres a new BoC book on its way...

chaos warriors should be 12 strong 2x6. always with shields and halberds if so inclined. marks/magic banners where fit.

make your marauders 25 strong and give them mark of slaanesh. makes for a decent anvil for points.

id drop a unit of hounds.

two units of knights is never a bag thing.

you need more magic offence. id drop the BsB and go for another sorcerer and try and find room for banner of wrath/rod of torment.

GWItheUltimate
02-11-2009, 13:16
not liking the secound list. too many ogre types for me. besides theres a new BoC book on its way...

chaos warriors should be 12 strong 2x6. always with shields and halberds if so inclined. marks/magic banners where fit.

make your marauders 25 strong and give them mark of slaanesh. makes for a decent anvil for points.

id drop a unit of hounds.

two units of knights is never a bag thing.

you need more magic offence. id drop the BsB and go for another sorcerer and try and find room for banner of wrath/rod of torment.

Never drop a BSB for a sepll more...