PDA

View Full Version : Ork Flyboy Sketch

nathonicus
23-01-2006, 04:26
Wanted to do a different take on the orks -- something with a bit more...respectability. Hopefully this hits the spot, still 'ard, but also with some sense of cunning/planning/not being comic relief.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/nathonicus/Art%20Pieces/OrkFlyboy002small.jpg

FearFrost
23-01-2006, 05:05
I like the idea, I would like to see a closer up shot of the page.

I think his gun needs to be bigger, however :D

I also think he is very upright standing, for an ork...deliberate?

-Brian

malika
23-01-2006, 09:50
Intruiging...kind of reminds me of the 2nd edition Orks, however mixed with a feeling of the current edition! Well done! Who are the Flyboyz though? When did GW come up with those?:eek:

Check your PM

nathonicus
23-01-2006, 16:16
I think his gun needs to be bigger, however :D

I also think he is very upright standing, for an ork...deliberate?
-Brian

Thanks, I think you're right about the gun. Next version I will probably enlarge it some. I did want him to be upright, because I figured that it's probably a different "breed" that takes to the skies, and I also wanted a more vertical composition, I think it's more dramatic.

nathonicus
23-01-2006, 16:18
Well done! Who are the Flyboyz though? When did GW come up with those?:eek:

Thanks for the compliment. Flyboy is just another word I used for stormboyz, because I wanted to make a picture of an ork who was more focused on the mek side, excited about flying around with a huge rocket on his back for the sake of flying around and blasting stuff. The GW stormboys seem to me less interested in their rockets except for as a means to get to the enemy.

Briscoe
25-01-2006, 04:16
Nice, however I think his build is a little thin/upright for an Ork

Krusk
25-01-2006, 05:01
Oh well, orks are weird, its possible that an ork like that could just occur for no reason really.

juddski
25-01-2006, 11:44
nice pic,i think you've captured the determination well,and i agree with you ,
it's about time the ''joke'' element was got rid of in orks ,just leave all that silly business to the gretchins