PDA

View Full Version : Call in the artillery, yes-yes...

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
02-11-2009, 18:47
After I do a clan moulder army, I'd like to do a clan skryre army (Just gotta love the wacky war machines;). The new poison wind mortar looks awsome, so I just have too include them although I'm a bit dubious about their battlefield performance as stone throwers aren't too reliable. Any way, what do you guys think.

warlock engineer
+1 lvl
2 scrolls

warlock engineer
+1 lvl
2 scrolls

warp lightning cannon

warp lightning cannon

10 jezzails

10 jezzails

10 jezzails

10 jezzails

20 clan rats
standard
poison wind mortar

20 clan rats
standard
poison wind mortar

20 clan rats
standard
poison wind mortar

20 clan rats
standard
poison wind mortar

20 clan rats
standard
poison wind mortar

Now if I added that up properly that comes to 1975 points, has 7 small blast templates,40 jezzail shots and some pretty weak magic although some good magic defence. As for the last 25 points, I don't know what to buy (maybe warp muskets for my warlocks and put them in Jezzail units?) Thanks for any posts.

Foegnasher
03-11-2009, 00:25
oh look. the new SAD army.

have fun winning friends and influencing people.

Laurela
03-11-2009, 02:46
Boring list, might be fun to dominant someone once or twice but then it'll lose all it's appeal to play with and very few people would actually play against this list more than once.

But I guess if all you want to do is win and not have fun, this list would be perfect. Maybe try to squeeze in another engy, cut down the jezzail units to about 8 and then you'll have enough points.

WhiteKnight
03-11-2009, 04:42
Ok. One panic check here will nom this list a lot. I can handle the warp lightning cannons with my beastmen ambushers, high elf great eagles, Dwarf gyrocopters, etc. The infantry can't stand and shoot to the rear (IIRC) so my beastmen will make those mortars useless. Jezzails are hitting on 6's often because of beastmen skirmishers, long range. And yeah, dude, no one likes a SAD list.

Ax'ataxa
03-11-2009, 04:47
good 'ard boys list, think it will take out a daemons of chaos 'ard boys army?

Slicktober
03-11-2009, 04:56
I am not at all that scared of this army.

Jezzails aren't skirmished anymore. Good luck getting a bead on enemies with 40 of them in 4 units. That's 4 units of 10 wide cavalry bases. That is going to take some deployment magic.

Enemies will just overload a flank, take some shots from 1/3 of your army and roll you up like you weren't even there. Your atrocious leadership will quickly lose you your army.

I'd rate it about a 3 or 4 on the power scale. It simply isn't very effective, and it will be very uninteresting to play with and play against.