PDA

View Full Version : Hellcannon and Handlings

TAW
03-11-2009, 06:39
Ok this is kinda for all handlers and monster but I was wondering what happens when the crew is slain?

I've read most of what I can find, but it's stuff like whether the monster has to test ever round, or it it's once, or whether the monster with handlers ever have to make ld checks or monster reation(skirmisher section states nothing about it for monsters with handlers). I just need a more described breakdown.

Nurgling Chieftain
03-11-2009, 07:00
The hellcannon has to test for "Rampage!" at the beginning of every turn, regardless of whether the crew is alive or dead. Note that the unit's leadership is significantly lower if the crew is dead... Per the FAQ, it can fire as normal even without crew, although only if you make the "Rampage!" roll, of course.

Moving the Hellcannon is a bit tricky. Normally, the unit has a move of 3 (the slowest models). If it charges, however, the handlers are not counted during its charge, so it gets its full charge move (M6, so up to 12"!). Weirdly, it ignores terrain during normal movement but is affected by it when charging (this is because M&H are skirmishers, but the handlers don't count while charging, and it's instead treated as a single monster). If it rampages, the whole unit moves 3d6", regardless of the presence of handlers. Once the handlers are dead, it moves like any other M6 monster, on those occasions where it passes its Rampage! test.

As far as I can tell, the Hellcannon does not take monster reaction tests, as that is neither specified in its rules nor in the rules for monsters and handlers. This is different from the Hydra, which actually cares about its beastmasters for some reason.

Milgram
03-11-2009, 08:28
Ok this is kinda for all handlers and monster

all monsters and handlers? this sums up to... the hydra and the hellcannon, both of which violate at least two of the m&h rules. I wonder why they are even in the brb.

no monster reaction for the hellcannon btw.

theunwantedbeing
03-11-2009, 13:27
all monsters and handlers? this sums up to... the hydra and the hellcannon, both of which violate at least two of the m&h rules.

Which rules would those be?