PDA

View Full Version : A WFB Question about hero's???

Commissar JVE
04-11-2009, 17:21
If a Hero choice becomes the BSB, I thought he is not allowed to take any other magic items?

Ex: Ogre Kingdoms

Hero: Bruiser - BSB....can he take a Skullplucker? that item is in the magic weapons part of the book?:eyebrows:

willowdark
04-11-2009, 17:26
If he chooses a magic standard, there is no limit to how much it can cost. As a trade off, if you take a magic standard you can't have any other magic items. If you don't take a magic standard, he can have magic items as usual for a hero.

Commissar JVE
04-11-2009, 17:35
So, my Bruiser can still be the BSB even if the standard is a non-magic banner? In which case he can take magic items, correct?

willowdark
04-11-2009, 17:46
The little box that gives the rules for a BSB in your book should say it. Usually it's something like, "if he chooses a magic standard there is no limit to how many points it can cost, but he can't take any other magic items if he does."

wilsongrahams
04-11-2009, 20:00
So, my Bruiser can still be the BSB even if the standard is a non-magic banner? In which case he can take magic items, correct?

Yep, he is the BSB and has a non-magic banner but gets the BSB bonus, and he can have his usual options for magic weapons up to his usual limit - this isn't unlimited - only the cost of a magic banner is unlimited.

Commissar JVE
05-11-2009, 01:25
Very Cool - Thank You so much everyone!!! :D