PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf Combat List

Tae
04-11-2009, 21:22
Well I've grown board of my current DE list (revolves around Morathi plus a bunch of basic core units) so have decide to write a new DE list, this time based around combat. So with that in mind:

Dreadlord
Sword of Ruin
Pendant of Khaeleth
Enchanted Shield
Heavy Armour
Sea Dragon Cloak
Dark Steed 270

Master
BSB
Armour of Darkness
Ring of Hotek
Great Weapon 159

Master
Crystal of Midnight
Soulreander
Heavy Armour
Sea Dragon Cloak
Cold One Chariot 228

5 x Dark Riders
Musician 92

5 x Dark Riders
Musician 92

5 x Dark Riders
Musician 92

5 x Harpies 55

Cold One Chariot 100

7 x Cold One Knights
Musician 197

7 x Cold One Knights
Musician 197

19 x Black Guard
Full Command
Standard of Hag Graef
Crimson Death 342

War Hydra 175

Total - 1,999

Now, few points to mention:

- I'm not interested in adding a 2nd Hydra
- I'm aware of how standard the BG unit is, but I honestly can't see a better way of doing them, or a better unit of filling their place (as parimarily a bunker for the RoH, to afford my army some form of magic defnse)
- The Harpies are literally left over points
- I'm not really happy with the set up of the Master on Chariot, but can't think of anything better to give him in terms of combat, neither of the Lances particuarly appeal to me

So anyway, C&C certainly welcome as I can't seem to see past the obvious combinations (which though good are a bit cliche). My local gaming group is rather magic heavy and I also plan to use the list in tournaments when I eventually get it painted.

Tzeentch Lord X7
04-11-2009, 21:26
drop crimson death on black guard champ and something else to give your dark riders xbows.

Tae
04-11-2009, 21:38
I looked at doing that, but honestly can't see the point. Given the army's 'bulk' is designed to reach CC asap, I'm gnna get one, maybe two rounds of shooting.

It just seems to make the DR's overly expensive for the sake of killing a handful of models. Though I could perhaps drop the harpies to take the RxB's, will see what other people reckon.

EndlessBug
05-11-2009, 07:14
If you wanted RxBs on your DRs the alst thing I'd drop is the crimson death. 3 S6 re-roll to hits WS 5 attacks is more hitty than most hero level characters!

Tae
05-11-2009, 16:01
I'm wondering whether there is much more 'hitty' than the above list. Executioners might be with the right support (i.e. BSB with ASF, plus CoB for +1A) but that requires so much extra just to make them viable, but I can't really see much else apart from an all-cav list involving four units of CoK's plus some characters on chariots/CoKs but that list doesn't really have any level of sticking power and relies on breaking people on the charge (so will be crap against DoC and VC).