PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Empire talored to VC help?

ArchHeretic
05-11-2009, 07:52
Lord:
Arch Lector = 249
-barded horse
-Dawn armour
-Holy Relic
-Sword of justice
-shield

Heros:
Captain = 138
-full plate
-BSB
-griffon standard

Wizard = 115
-Rod of power
-Ring of volans

Captain = 110
-Sword of striking
-white cloak
-full plate
-shield

Core:
Spearmen (25) = 170
-shields
-cmd
Detachment swordsmen (5) = 30
Detachment handgunners (5) = 40

Spearmen (25) = 170
-shields
-cmd

BSB & capatin --> Swordsmen (25) =
-cmd

Knights (5) = 155
-cmd

Arch lector --> Knights (5) = 170
-cmd
- Inner circle

Handgunners (10) = 105
-champion
-hochland
Detachment Crossbowmen (5) = 40

Handgunners (10) = 105
-champion
-hochland
Detachment Crossbowmen (5) = 40

Flagellants (20) = 210
-prophet

Cannon

There, that should be 2250 give or take a few points. Anyways, I'm playing VCs and the guy takes a lot of vampires. Do you think this would be enough magic defense? I'm thinking I have too many detachments. Should I get rid of my ranged ones and just fill out my CC ones?

Jind_Singh
05-11-2009, 08:04
I'll be back.....

With comments - tomorrow. Your kind of on the right track but theres a few points to raise, but after some much needed sleep!

Food for thought before I go - can you explain why you went with your current lord/hero selction, with a brief line or 2 about the items you picked.

Thanks

Hesporos
05-11-2009, 22:04
I like it so far, then again I play VC and not Empire, what I did not see but you may have something like it. Dispell scrolls. Whether he use only magic or melée there WILL be Vanhels running around and you do NOT want him getting that off, save them for the very crucial uses of Vanhels.

ArchHeretic
06-11-2009, 22:45
I have the archlector for hatred in my IC knights. And maybe to cast some prayers for support. I'd try to have the IC knights come around the flank to, say a block of grave guard. Meanwhile, I'd have my swordsmen charging the front of the grave guard. With my BSB, captain, IC knights, and archlector all attacking at once, I'd hopefully slowly rip apart the unit. My opponent usually decks out the unit with his general, BSB, and a vamp.

I have the archlector that way mostly for survivability. Since he is my general, I'm pretty sure I want his Ld for as long as possible. Griffon Standard for more CR. The other captain is for taking on the lesser vampires and any ethereal units he pulls out of his ****.

I had the lvl 1 wizard just for a little magic. The ring for a second spell. And the rod for the extra dice. Would replacing those with scrolls make more sense?

I don't have the more exotic models like the stank, griffons or pegasi, but I think I have the models for any kind of changes.