View Full Version : slaanesh daemons or khorne daemons

meanmachine
05-11-2009, 12:39
hi

i am reallly new to fantasy i have bearly begun playing

i am pretty much an expert at 40k so i want to begin fantasy

i am using daemon in 4ok and fantasy i currently have a full tzeentch army

i am looking at collecting either khorne or slaanesh as a 2nd mon god army

could some of you tell me which one you think survives better, kills more, wins more, is mor reliable and works better all round

who is more reliable out of bloodthirster and keeper of secrets and which one is worth his points more

i like magic but i already have tzeentch mono god for magic so magic isnt too important this time (even though slaanesh magic is pretty nasty)

could you give me some examples of good slaanesh magic armies

also how do khorne daemons stand upto heavy magic armies, is their miagic resistance strong enough e.g would a tzeentch army easy kill a khorne army with their magic or would khorne actually stand a chance

thanks guys

DarkMark
05-11-2009, 13:17
There are no bad choices in deamons, so take your pick. PS expect plenty of grief with this topic!

Model wise I think Khorne has all his options, but Slaanesh is notably missing seekers. Undivided is best though, as the book has been written to be used that way. Check out the daemonic legions site.

From Shadows
05-11-2009, 13:22
Like dark mark said check this site out:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/index.php?

you will find it very helpfull and usefull.

EndlessBug
05-11-2009, 13:27
I would suggest doing a non-daemon army. For variety as well as to avoid cries of cheese.

All Daemon lists are valid, the 2 nastiest ones (for mono god purposes) are Slaanesh Ld bomb and Tzeentch flying circus style.

If you want to go cheesy (PLEASE DON'T) then I'd suggest Slaanesh with a Keeper, Masque, BSB herald with -2 Ld banner and whatever else you fancy.

Bloodthirsters are also considered very very nasty, due to a couple of sick builds. Your MR and ward saves should keep you well protected against most magic heavy armies out there (VC is an exception). If you take Khorne the BSB with the Standard of sundering (?? -2 to cast banner) is probably best.

could some of you tell me which one you think survives better, kills more, wins more, is mor reliable and works better all round

please don't chose an army for only these reasons. You've got to like the look and feel of the army too!

meanmachine
05-11-2009, 14:19
Like dark mark said check this site out:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/index.php?

you will find it very helpfull and usefull.

thank you very much for the link it has been reall y helpful