PDA

View Full Version : Fun little conversion

jaws900
06-11-2009, 17:33
I spotted these modlas in GW's collectors range for the Ork Goff Rockers and i want to mount then atop a Disc of Tzeentch but i can only find 1 and it costs just short of £15 per disk along with the Lord atop it. I wanted to know if anyone knows of a cheaper alternative or a place to get the Disc of Tzeentch without the lord.

Ork Goff Rockers (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1490653&prodId=prod1130426)

I want to tunr them into a funny little comady unit using maybe Death copter rules.

grissom2006
06-11-2009, 17:36
One this really should be in the modelling thread not this forum.

Now for the simplest why to make a disc use the large flying bases back to back and add what ever extra details you want to them.

SilentCivilian
06-11-2009, 20:03
Why not use screamers, i have seen others mount their Lords on them and it looks pretty good. Would also add an element of the movie Heavy Metal. Short of that see if you can get your hands on some of the classic discs.

SirSnipes
06-11-2009, 20:22
yeah use screamers

jaws900
07-11-2009, 14:40
i have looked at scremmers but i know it might take alot of green stuff to get right which i'm no good with at all tho i may ask the guys at my local to help out. My firend Katie is a wiz at converting. You should see the Chaos vidicator that she made!

@ grissom2006 - Sorry about that could a mod please relocate this thread then. Thankyou

grissom2006
07-11-2009, 14:44
If your not good with green stuff the flying bases would be best and plastic card and other parts that you need. Then just build it up from there.

Eulenspiegel
07-11-2009, 15:00
Use big washers (I used almost worthless foreign currency that is about the size of a silver dollar), orkify them with bitz & gubbinz.
I must say that I“m intrigued by a flying goff rock band that counts as “coptas :)

jaws900
07-11-2009, 16:26
I had thought of a Gretchin one too (Maybe the back stage crew) with a engine on the underside and 2 gretchins looking under at the flams with one have a blakc face as he rases his head. But then i remembered that i suck and would never be able to pull it off.

The funny thing is that i don't even play Orks but i would love to use the modals for fun.

SilentCivilian
07-11-2009, 17:26
Was having a look through my old WD today and came across a picture of these guys riding a battlewagon. It was kitted out with huge speakers instead of guns and each model had its own little stage. With a little plasticard you could do something similar. Not the defcopters you where going for but would make an eccentric center piece. ;)

jaws900
07-11-2009, 20:07
that is an idea actually. With a little conversion i could use the Ammo Gretichins as stage hands and place them all on a battle Wagon but getting the money for all this is the problem really now.