PDA

View Full Version : SoB Rhino clarifaction

Tzeen-Squirrel
07-11-2009, 01:17
Hey all, just a quick question.

I'm looking around for a Sister of Battle Rhino. I've noticed the Immolator looks exactly the same just with a bigger gun . As the GW site and the Codex isn't very helpful I have to ask you guys.

Can I make a Rhino from this box without any converting/plasticard building (as I suck at that and don't want to ruin a good model) or am I forced to buy a Space Marine Rhino and Forge World bits to trick it out?

Thanks in advance guys.

grissom2006
07-11-2009, 01:23
Yes you can do.

Tzeen-Squirrel
07-11-2009, 01:24
Thanks mate for the ultra quick reply.

JHZ
07-11-2009, 01:34
All model kits that are based on the Rhino, have all the stuff that you need to make it into a Rhino. Predators, Immolators, etc. just add a sprue of extra bits to the mix.

ehlijen
07-11-2009, 02:02
In fact, it has all the bits to make it the Sisters of Battle rhino, as opposed to just your regular old rhino. (The main only real difference is and extra piece to make a new roof).

Thraximus
07-11-2009, 02:05
You can make a Rhino and/or Immolator from the Immolator kit. It's a damn fine looking tank too. If only more (Space Marine) Rhino's came with that top plate.

By the way, a Razorback turret will fit on top of the Immolator, too; and looks quite awesome.

Creeping Dementia
07-11-2009, 02:06
Ya, just buy Immolators, you get all the cool decorative Sisters stuff in it too, and even if you never use the Immy parts you'll always have the option. The Sister rhinos have a slightly higher roof as well so your Seraphim can hide behind it easier.

JHZ
07-11-2009, 02:22
Apart from Sistery bits, I think the only thing you can replace with Sister stuff is the storm bolter. And possibly using the turret mount instead of the top hatch that comes with the Rhino, and mounting the round Sister top hatch to it. The sprue doesn't come with hatches that'll fit the Rhino mounts, and I can't for the life of me remember if it even comes with a Sister peeking out of a hatch/operating the pintle storm bolter.

But I do agree that the Immolator top piece is cool. I've actually used it on my non Sister Rhinos, though I did shave those gothic view ports down a little, because that's one aspect that I don't like. Anyway, they look way better than normal Rhinos now.

EDIT:
Oh, does anyone know if the Forge World Immolator kit (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/fox.htm) comes with heavy bolter options, or whether or not you can mount the normal Immolator HBs on it? I've been wanting to convert one as a Razorback. Also, it would be nice to know if it's possible to replace the gunner.

chromedog
07-11-2009, 03:36
It comes with both the sisters torso for the cupola (for the storm bolter) as well as the sister gunner for the turret. I remember shaving down the "etheric bumps" for an "arbites" rhino driver.

You also get bob (hairstyle) or helmet heads.

It doesn't come with the marine accessory sprue (for the little hatches) but the immolator turret can go front or rear (two holes) and there is a spare large round fleur de lis hatch to go over the other one.

There stopped being a separately available Sisters Rhino many years ago - before they switched to the current model.

mughi3
07-11-2009, 10:30
There stopped being a separately available Sisters Rhino many years ago - before they switched to the current model.
Not entirely true. using FW units the SOB repressor is one darn excellent SOB specific rhino designed for urban combat zones.
i hope it makes it into the next new codex proper.

Axel
07-11-2009, 12:16
Oh, does anyone know if the Forge World Immolator kit (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/fox.htm) comes with heavy bolter options, or whether or not you can mount the normal Immolator HBs on it?

I got my upgrade kit with immolator, multimelter and heavy bolter option.

You can not use other weaponry without minor conversion. In effect, its just the barrel that is different in all versions and you can probably cut that from any existing plastic.