PDA

View Full Version : Achaon on foot?

kane40k
07-11-2009, 21:46
Hey im new to warhammer fantasy. Ive been playing 40k for years now. i built my first unit of chaos warriors today, im looking to start a chaos army and was reading some fluff on lexicanum and saw a modle of Achaon on foot. i dont have the Army book for Hordes of Chaos yet and i was just woundering does Archaon have to be mounted on Dorghar? or can he be on foot? and is there a modle of him on foot or will i have to convert it?

oh as an aside what do you deem more usefull chaos warriors with shields or extra hand weapons? ive opted of shields on my first unit im just woundering what other peoples preferences. im planning on experimenting and having my second unit with extra hand wepons.

is this in the right place? i put this in the rules part because of the rules for Achaon but if this is the wrong place please move?

cheers people!

tarrasque
08-11-2009, 00:05
i'm not sure but i think he is only in the book as mouted. but if the mount has more then 2 wounds it can bekilled and thuse stranding achaon on foot.

on the tactics part i'm sure you can find something on the forum but it is like this +1 as or +1 attac a hitting unit or a 'more' defence unit it is what you want to do whit them

Wednesday Friday Addams
08-11-2009, 00:23
i'm not sure but i think he is only in the book as mouted. but if the mount has more then 2 wounds it can bekilled and thuse stranding achaon on foot.

on the tactics part i'm sure you can find something on the forum but it is like this +1 as or +1 attac a hitting unit or a 'more' defence unit it is what you want to do whit them

Can't kill his horse now.

Dr.Mercury
08-11-2009, 00:31
Chaos armor with hand weapon and shield provides a 2+ save in melee combat, and a 3+ vs shooting.
Combine that with the mark of nurgle, and you have warriors that are VERY tough to kill.
Giving them extra hand weapons would mean they have a 4+ save in melee and vs shooting, but they get to fight with an additional attack.
Add to that the Mark of Khorne for frenzy, and you have 3 attacks each! Not too shabby.
It all depends on how you really want to play your army

starlight
08-11-2009, 00:36
The Archaon on Foot model was the GD04 Special Edition. I don't know if it was re-released after that.

nosferatu1001
08-11-2009, 09:55
Dr M - as an additipon you can still give them shields for the 3+ from shooting

Favourite combo is Halberd and Shield - 3+ save as you march, 4+ in CC with something tough where you want S5 or 2+ save if you just need to kill little guys.

The Red Scourge
08-11-2009, 12:36
Dorghar could be killed in HoC, and was Archies only weakness. He lost that weakness in WoC, and in return got 180 points and two hero slots cheaper :p

the on foot model is now only needed for generic chaos champs/warriors and Archies evil twin Skippy :)

BigbyWolf
08-11-2009, 13:03
Giving them extra hand weapons would mean they have a 4+ save in melee and vs shooting, but they get to fight with an additional attack.
Add to that the Mark of Khorne for frenzy, and you have 3 attacks each! Not too shabby.

4 attacks surely? 2 base, extra weapon, and frenzy?

Personally I like to field a unit of each- Nurgle anvil and Khorne hammer...

kane40k
09-11-2009, 20:17
ah smooth. what is the armour save of chaos armour?just a question... i do plan on getting the book. im thinking of using a group of chaos warrior with shields to protect a chaos lord with 2 hand weapons... maybe the biting blade and the blade os striking if they can still have that?