PDA

View Full Version : New LM fluff omissions

Horus38
08-11-2009, 17:16
Was posting in another thread about how important fluff was and it jogged my memory on this bit:

As a long time LM player and a fluff addict, I really loved a lot of the little blurbs and tidbits found in the new LM book. HOWEVER, there was also a complete lack of a few key areas:

* The storm of chaos taking place, which is represented in other earlier books from the current edition run.
* No information at all on the Southlands regarding their temple cities and Zlatlan.
* Not a single mention of the LM activities on Albion, including the building of a new temple city. For god sakes, they even took the time to completely remove all these references from Kroq-Gars write up.

Let me know if anyone else felt chaffed in these areas, or if the other developments in the book made up for it.

Sirroelivan
08-11-2009, 17:31
The Warriors of Chaos book, which came out before the Lizardmen one, breaks off before the Storm of Chaos taking place.

Ertle
08-11-2009, 18:42
Yeah it seems like GW is trying to cover up that little **** up.

Caiphas Cain
08-11-2009, 18:44
Yeah it seems like GW is trying to cover up that little **** up.

they should though. it was a sad time.

Cypher, the Emperor
08-11-2009, 20:43
The Warriors of Chaos book, which came out before the Lizardmen one, breaks off before the Storm of Chaos taking place.

Well, actually it places the SoC as being current day, but regardless, GW has rolled the timeline back with WoC, hence Crom not being in the book.

Yeah, the southlands stuff should be there, maybe it'll show up in the TK book in some manner.

O&G'sRule
08-11-2009, 23:03
Each book can't have the same stories as older editions else no one would read them. They don't need to go over ground already covered, unless its absolutely critical to the history like the sundering is for the elves

Horus38
09-11-2009, 00:27
Before the thread completely derails, I threw the SoC as one thing among several for fluff, but that's really not the focus of my question. Rather specific established LM fluff that isn't represented at all in the new book.

Each book can't have the same stories as older editions else no one would read them.

You're joking right. I've been playing this game since 5th and the same core stories are re-told over and over, fleshed out and expanded on each time around. I'm referring to several specific pieces of fluff that were with LM in 5th and 6th, but now are not even mentioned in passing.