PDA

View Full Version : Representing 15 orks with 5 grots+5 orks+5 nobs?

magnificent*
09-11-2009, 10:25
My main motivation is painting and converting but perhaps I could actually use the models in a game.

I have two groups of 5 grots+5 orks+5 nobs all mixed together is pleasing to my eye so that is what I painting and converting I will make some terrain and get a display case for them.

How acceptable is it to count these two groups as my two troops choices
by saying 5 grots+5 orks+5 nobs= 15 normal orks (slugga boys) for all intents and purposes. Nothing else would makes sense to me because big ork would force the smaller orks to be their sheilds but it is too hard gamewise to manage different troop types in the same unit.

However if most people would find this annoying I won't try it.

I would not field Nobs mobs or grot mobs because this would get confusing.

Mannimarco
09-11-2009, 10:27
i dont suppose it would be a problem as long as its made clear whats what before the game starts, as your not taking nob units (why? theyre great) and gretchin mobs there should be no confusion

Corrode
09-11-2009, 10:51
This is one of those things that's going to depend on coolness. If you've simply stuck 5 Grots, 5 Orks and 5 Nobs in a random 'squad' together and declared 'oh lol they're boyz', it's going to be confusing (especially if one of the Nobz in the mob is an actual Nob). If there's some kind of interesting/amusing conversion (perhaps some Grotz on stilts to make them the 'right' height for example), then you'll probably be able to get away with it.

Vaktathi
09-11-2009, 11:30
As long as everything was done very up front and clear, and nothing was being done in a gamey manner, I'd be ok with it.

Dranthar
09-11-2009, 15:56
If you ensure that the units are easilly distinguishable as seperate entities, and don't have any nob or grot units around that might confuse people, then yeah, no problem.

The paint job would be essential here. A unique and easilly recognisable colour scheme for each unit would help quite alot.

magnificent*
09-11-2009, 18:57
OK this is my current plan.

1 mob of sluggas represented by a mixture nobs, 40K orks, smaller gorka morka orks and grots lead by a nob represented by a warboss model.
all these orks will have pistol weapons

I will also have 1 mob of shoota boys where every model has a rifle weapon.

Then lots of converted dreads and vehicles so I suppose I better use two big meks.