PDA

View Full Version : Generic magic?

freelancer
09-11-2009, 11:35
Hio all I play Erabor Dwaves but I wish to add magic to my game. Ive been looking exclusively for a nameless magic user, akin to what many of the evil side have but Ive only seen the Storm Caller.
What I ask is have any of you guys ever used him? If so what have your experiences been? Or should I just wait till Rohan get their own splat book and see if they have a human generic magic user?

Thanks
Freelancer

Whitwort Stormbringer
09-11-2009, 18:56
Honestly I think it would be more fluffy to add Gandalf the Grey to your force, but I wouldn't hold my breath until Rohan book comes out. The elves are the good race most closely associated with magic, it seems, and I wouldn't count on any of the human or dwarf factions getting any kind of generic magic users anytime soon.

EDIT: There is the seer character for Arnor. Granted he's not a generic spellcaster, but at least it's another relatively cheap spellcaster option out there.

jaws900
10-11-2009, 09:22
the ways of the elven magic are not that well known (Even to elves) so it is fitting that most unit down't have acsee to alot of magic but you have to remember that those who do are uber strong like Gandalf etc.