PDA

View Full Version : New army?

Earth Shaker
10-11-2009, 05:20
ok so I know some people might find this funny, but i am in the making of a 2995 point imperial guard footsloger army.

and i was thinking, i will probably be content with this after a few games, but my favorite bit of 40k is the building of models(and customs). So after i have done and painted my IG army, should i

a.Collect a new army:
Elder
Tau

b.expand my army a bit further

Cheers.

Imperius
10-11-2009, 05:40
Well Imperial Guard is just one of those armies that can never be completed. Just like how you can never really 'beat' World of Warcraft, you cannot 'finish' an Imperial Guard army.

Earth Shaker
10-11-2009, 05:46
Well Imperial Guard is just one of those armies that can never be completed. Just like how you can never really 'beat' World of Warcraft, you cannot 'finish' an Imperial Guard army.

I would like a couple of colossus' :angel:

Ozybonza
10-11-2009, 06:14
A tank heavy or air-cav IG army will play completely differently to a footslogging force, so you can get some variety without making a complete depature from IG. That said, do whatever you have a passion for! I can never seem to go past 3 - 4K in an army before I get bored and want to start another one.

Earth Shaker
10-11-2009, 06:21
A tank heavy or air-cav IG army will play completely differently to a footslogging force, so you can get some variety without making a complete depature from IG. That said, do whatever you have a passion for! I can never seem to go past 3 - 4K in an army before I get bored and want to start another one.

thats what im afraid of!!

im thinking, cos im doing 6 lots of platoons consisting of 1 PCS, and 4 infantry sqauds, maybe doing half of them as Vostroyans to mix things up a bit??

and i want some females(cadians and vostroyans) in my army? why are games workshop so gender neutral?

Khan!!!
10-11-2009, 17:44
Well if you bring commissars at all there is the female commissar model from mordinehim, i think. But also if you like making custom models, you could start crafting a Warlord titan. I have been figuring out schematics for one for about three months, it is alot of work, and it could turn out good, like bluetables did. Just a suggestion, like it was said earlier, a guard army can never be finished.