PDA

View Full Version : Minor question, mates

Pacorko
11-11-2009, 00:48
Is it me, a semi-stroke I think I had or whatever, or there's no Wood elf batallion available on the U.S. store right now, and I never heard it was being remade/retired...

Any pointers? Thank you!

Bard Harlock
11-11-2009, 02:12
Definitely off the US page. I still see many available on eBay, if you swing that way. I hadn't heard they were remaking it and as far as I know, all of those models are relatively new, so unless they intentionally ran out and are making a different set with a different model count and upgrading the price to match the Skaven battalion box... I have no idea.

Red Metal
11-11-2009, 02:17
It's still on the US site. I was just looking for it the other day - it's now listed with the "Gift Ideas" section.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat1430009&rootCatGameStyle=wh

Bard Harlock
11-11-2009, 02:59
Odd. They managed to keep most of the other battalions on their appropriate army pages. WE, TK, & OK seem to be the exceptions.

Wow, their webmaster must be as good as their playtesters :P

ChaosVC
11-11-2009, 03:36
I don't think they actually play test their game... They just play and get drunk, then release it as play tested.

Pacorko
11-11-2009, 07:20
Oh, thanks!

Yes, it's odd that it got "highlighted" on the seasonal webpage, and it's missing on the Army section, but hey! That's Gw fer ya'!

I also had not noticed that the Empire batallion is 105 bucks... with 10 lousy greatswords instead of pistoliers! They are plastic, too! What's with bringing over the heavy tab onto an "starter deal"?

Really, that is not the greatest selling move you'd like to make. No way 10 greatswords rank the same as 5 outriders in terms of coolness and army formations, but hmmm... I think I better get ahold of the "old" boxes still laying around on the stores I frequent before I have to settle for the modernized contents.

But again, thanks for pointing to the page where I can find the woodies batallions.

Cheers, guys!