PDA

View Full Version : Servants of Decay questions

Count de Monet
11-11-2009, 03:25
As a fan of the old Eye of Terror Lost and the Damned list, the Vraksian Renegade lists have tempted me for some time. I've looked over the Servants of Decay list in IA7/Vraks III and am tempted to give it a go. It's pretty...incomplete as far as rules and such so I'm looking for some clarifications on what books I would need to actually use the list and where to get what info.

I'm looking to use the army for friendly play and maybe some more tolerant events. I basically want to use things like the renegade infantry, plague marines, zombies, plague ogryn and the vehicles listed in the army list. I don't plan on any flyers or other "forgeworld" or Apocalypse type stuff, just a FW list - want things to be as "normal" as possible.

Couple of questions:

*Would I really need any of the prior IA books? Are some of the things in the previous Vraks books necessary, or can I pretty much extrapolate and use the rules in Codex: IG? (like Chaos Banner working like Regimental Standard, weapon stats etc.)

*Related - in the heavy support after the listing for Tank/Close support artillery there's a note to refer to IA1 and IA3 for details. For those listed that are in Codex: IG like a regular Leman Russ, an Eradicator or Basilisk, is it generally accepted to just use the rules/stats in C:IG?

grissom2006
11-11-2009, 03:42
The lists in IA books as a rule are self contained army lists you may need a Codex to cover what a item does but the list in that book pretty much covers everything thats allowed in it.

Mannimarco
11-11-2009, 12:26
welcome brother! youve chosen a pretty good army here

ok theres a summary at the start of IA5 (vraks 1) saying what some of this new stuff does

its widely accepted that newer books take precedence over the older ones so when you are told to use IA1 or 3 see if the rules are in any new book and use that

Count de Monet
11-11-2009, 20:29
Thanks for the replies fellas! :)

its widely accepted that newer books take precedence over the older ones so when you are told to use IA1 or 3 see if the rules are in any new book and use that

Any newer book, or just newer IA books? If there's a listing in Codex: IG it's pretty accepted?

grissom2006
11-11-2009, 21:13
Have to say yes same with the newer rules in Apocolypse for some of the Tanks.